“Fantastic taste, Great value”

Carver's Steakhouse & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Carver's Steakhouse & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 896 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Cross street: Gilbert Road
Transit: 491 - Stop at Gilbert Road & Westminster Highway, we are just beside 98 B-Line - Stop at #3 Road & Westminster Highway, we are 10 minutes of walk on Westminster Highway (left)
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic taste, Great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I was hesitant about this Steak house; had been told its very pricey. Then I check out the menu and you can get a 12 Oz steak, with start and dessert for I think $43? That's a better price than a lot of other places. It was delicious and a great atmosphere....highly recommended.
A nice plus was the list of wines.... highly recommend the Pinot Noir, very smooth!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Patrick H H

• Chinese (Traditional) first
White Rock, Canada
“More than just steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

-loved my seafood linguine
-superb lamb shank - comes right off the bone
-great price for 3 course meal you can put together yourself
-good decor - elegant without being flashy
-great service - friendly staff - very attentive

• Visited November 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“Best steaks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

We had the most wonderful dinner here. We both had the filet. Mine was the smaller, 7-0z and it was more than enough. It was cooked to perfection, medium rare as requested. Easy to cut and I couldn't stop raving about the flavour.
I will definitely be eating here on my next trip to Richmond in June 2014.
Service was very good. Michael, was very helpful and the wine steward was helpful with our wine selection.
Reservations are recommended on weekends.

Richmond, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly as well as Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We went out for my husband's 65th birthday. The atmosphere was very warm and relaxing. The people were friendly and it felt much like having dinner around your own table at home. Oh, and the meal was very good. We will definitely go again.

1 Thank Gayle C
Abbotsford, Canada
“Good meal at Carver's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had dinner here last evening. Their air conditioning apparently was not working at capacity so the room was very warm. The manager sat us near a fan so we managed but it was awkward and did not really work that well.

Parking is free and available on the side of the restaurant. The restaurant is attached to the Executive Inn hotel.

The menu is a bit different than they show on their website. They do not have the sablefish or black cod instead halibut has been substituted. This is fine because halibut is in season right now. The wine pairings that they show on the website as $12.00 for 2 glasses of wine is now $14.00. There appears to be a major overhaul of the dessert menu, the chocolate eruption and the trio of cheesecake is gone.

The service was very good. The manager was very sociable and checked on us a few times during our dinner to ensure that everything was to our satisfaction. He was present but in no way intrusive. The bread that they serve with dinner was very good. They served 2 kinds, a white crusty baguette and a dark brown that was very good. The bread came with olive oil and vinegar. My husband and I shared the salt and pepper prawns for an appetizer and they were delicious. They were nice and spicy. We both went with the wine pairings for our meals. I requested that they serve me something other than a Chardonnay and I was given a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. I found the first glass of wine to be not cold enough for my tastes and I asked the waitress if the second glass could be better chilled. She brought it in a bowl of ice and that worked very well. For entrees I had the seared halibut with garlic cream linguine and red chilis. It was delicious. The halibut was very well cooked. The outside was slightly crisp and yet the fish was nice and moist and flaked easily. The garlic cream linguine was also very good. My husband had the 10 oz rib eye and it was so tender that he probably didn’t need a steak knife. It was very flavorful and at $29.00 very good value for a steak of this quality. For dessert we shared a hazelnut praline concoction. It was very small and it came on a ridiculously large plate. It was good but there were maybe 4 very tiny bits for each of us (and I do mean tiny).

It was overall a very good meal. I would check to see if the air conditioning is working before I went in the summer though.

The manager walked us to the door when we left and thanked us for our patronage. A very nice gesture.