“Friendly Staff”

The American Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The American Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 909 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$23 - US$38
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Cross street: Minoru Boulevard
Transit: A short 5 minute walk from the Brighouse Canada Line Station.
Description: Located in the heart of Richmond at the Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel, The American Grille continues to be one of Richmond's most popular lunch and dinner destinations. Offering a comfortable business-casual setting by day and elegant candlelit dining at sunset, The American Grille is sure to wow you and your guests.
Toronto, Canada
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Have been going to this restaurant several times for weekend brunch and the service from the staff is always great especially Shehnaz & Tomomi. Wide selection from buffet brunch menu with made to order omelettes . Other friendly staff working in the restaurant are Vanessa and Linda who are both very helpful in giving tips to tourist about visiting other places in Richmond .

• Visited April 2014
Taka K, Manager at The American Grille, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Jon,
I appreciate your recent review regarding "friendly staff". Vanessa is a long time Trip Advisor follower and came across your review, she was thrilled to see her name. By the look on her face you can tell she was proud!!!

Thank you for the encouraging words, your review will be shared with the entire team.

Cheers,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
“Gem in the middle of Richmond”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Having been to this restaurant before, we recently returned to see if our fabulous meal was a fluke. But it was no fluke. We both had halibut with fennel and the dishes were superb. The halibut (which was in season) was super fresh and herb crusted. We love seafood and thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The staff were prompt and attentive and the atmosphere was very relaxing. For people who like seafood, we found this place to be a gem.

• Visited April 2014
Taka K, Manager at The American Grille, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Brian,
Thank you very much for your kind words, our team strives on excellence and I will be sharing this review with our culinary brigade and service associates.

Hope to see you soon.

North Vancouer, BC
“Average Food At Best”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Deplorable Service and Quality of Food

Linda who I have previously spoken about was the only positive to my experience.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Paul P
Taka K, Manager at The American Grille, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor regarding your dining experience at the American Grille Restaurant.

I'm disappointed to hear about the service and food quality received, I was happy to hear that Linda our Restaurant Supervisor had spoken to you the following day!

I will be sharing your comments with the restaurant associates and culinary team and focus on the quality of food / service.

We hope to see you back the next time you are in town.

Ottawa, Canada
“Dried out salmon”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

So I have to start off by saying the Restaurant came good by replacing the fish after a 30 minute wait for a new plate of food.
In a city known for it's fresh fish I could not understand how a salmon dish could arrive at our table as dry as you could get it but then it was such a tiny piece of fish I guess timing is everything.
The service was great and you could clearly see the restaurant is working hard at improving it's past poor reviews but the portions are very small and could use some additional flavoring. I really enjoyed the crab cakes but they sat in a strange tasting sauce that had no bearing on the dish.
Would not bother trying it again as there are so many places that are amazing in this beautiful City.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Poulsog
Taka K, Manager at The American Grille, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your recent dining experience at the American Grille restaurant. We pride ourselves on serving consistently delicious food, and I am surprised to hear this was not the case on your recent visit. Please contact me personally in advance of your stay so that I can ensure your next visit in an enjoyable one.

Manager, Food and Beverage
taka.kuwata@vancouver-marriott.com
Canada
“Tasty PrimeRib”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Through the Travelzoo Offer, I was able to purchase a voucher for Dinner for 2 at the American Grill. My friend and I had a delicious meal that time. Shared a delicious crab cake as an appertizer and I had quite a succulent steak cooked medium rare. My friend had a grilled Halibut and said it was very tasty and we both enjoyed our meal. We then shared a dessert.

The service was excellent.

• Visited November 2013
Taka K, Manager at The American Grille, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words. Your comment is very motivating and our service and culinary associates will be thrilled to hear your comment. Hope to see you soon!