“out of the way.”

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
British Columbia, Canada
“out of the way.”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

we stayed here over the weekend with family. we are Starwood customers so we stay with the westin and Sheraton hotel chain, works for us, always know what to expect. we did not have a car, as our family was driving. I felt quite stuck out here, when we weren't doing things. all was good with our room, the bed, the cleanliness. for me, I need access to walk and explore on down time when travelling with other family members. i forgot about the pool, that would have helped. I had a glass of wine in the small restaurant and the server was very friendly and efficient. I left my library book behind in my room and housekeeping is returning it to me today.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jarmwr40
WallCentreHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear judymichael40, thank you for your feedback and providing us with the details of your most recent stay. We are glad you had such a great time and enjoyed your visit as always. Your loyalty is much appreciated and it is wonderful to hear that you were extremely satisfied with our Heavenly Bed and the cleanliness of your guestroom. It has been great to have welcomed you to the hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We have just stayed at Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Aiport for a week, and it was a great experience. The hotel is very new and very clean. We stayed in a double room with a rollaway bed. All beds were quite comfy, the typical Westin Heavenly bed. Would recommend you call the hotel in advance if you need a rollaway bed (cad 30 per night), as the hotel is very busy and they don't have many rollaway beds.

We had a car with us, and used the valet parking service. I recalled some customers complained that there is a long wait for car pick up from valet park, and so I asked the front desk if that is true. They suggested me to call them before I pick up the car, and we did. Hence, the car was ready most of the time when we left the hotel. The valet parking gentleman was very caring. He always asked if we knew directions when We left the hotel.

Hotel staff service is generally good, but I think the hotel may be a little understaffed at times.
The front desk staff are very helpful and friendly, but at times there was only one staff at front desk during busy hours, which may mean a long wait, even for dropping off car keys with them.
Many times when we called the westin service express or front desks, the line would go unanswered and we needed to call again another time. And there was also quite a long wait for housecleaning to bring up stuff too.

Wifi is a bit slow and only restrict to 3 devices. (Free for spg member)
Would be great if hotel can upgrade on this.

All in all, I think Westin is the best hotel in Richmond - by far the newest and cleanest one. Agree that the location is a bit remote versus Radisson, Hilton or Marriott, and you may need a car staying at Westin, but it is only 2 mins drive from Radisson, and 5-8 mins drive from Richmond Centre.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed here for the first time for two nights. Very clean room, great service and nice and quiet. The king size bed was amazing! Would definitely recommend and would stay there again.
Wished that there was more time to use the pool and explore the restaurants around the hotel. Tip to know is that the restaurants around the hotel area (mainly Chinese) they only accept cash for payment.

Room Tip: If you want free wifi sign up as a Starwood Preferred Guest.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Warrenton, Virginia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is a great hotel...

1/ New and clean and modern: The rooms are excellent. Plenty of power, very modern, and just excellent.

2/ The window I had overlooking the landing for the airport. I could watch 747's landing all night and the soundproofing was perfect! I couldn't hear a thing -- not even street traffic.

3/ Restaurant. I ate there three times and every meal was exceptional. I didn't expect it in a hotel, usually it's a bit 'ok'. But, they had amazing food. The fried sweet potato fries, the crispy chicken breast, all of it perfect...

4/ It's a shot walk to the skytrain, the casino, 'night market' or 100's of restaurants. (Short = < 1 mile). Which was good as I didn't have a car this trip.

5/ Everything else: Nice working-gym with great views, excellent staff, fast internet (Free).

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Facing the airport landing is recommended! The windows are awesome and watching big jets come in is...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
WallCentreHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Carl B, thank you kindly for expressing your very satisfaction regarding your latest stay at the Wall Centre. It is wonderful to hear about all the pleasant experiences you have encountered and that our team has always been of assistance to you when needed. You are absolutely welcome and we certainly appreciate your recommendation as one of the top-of-the-line properties close to Vancouver International Airport (YVR). Have a wonderful journey back home and we are looking forward in seeing you again soon.
Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2014

ive stayed at this hotel many times over the last 2 years and i love it.service is excellent.rooms are great esp if your getting a corner u get these lovely views with the floor to ceiling windows and i love the separate tub in the bathrooms.they could improve there wifi service tho

Room Tip: request for the corner room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
WallCentreHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear kinu s, thank you for commenting on your latest stay with us at the Wall Centre. Your input is highly appreciated and we value your loyalty. It is just wonderful to know that you are always very satisfied in terms of quality and service as our team goes above and beyond any of your expectations. We apologize for the inconvenience with your Wi-Fi connection and will check into the troubles for you immediately. Have a wonderful journey back home.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for four nights as a base for a mini vacation without kids. We have stayed at many, many hotels and this room was the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in. The week before, we had stayed at a brand new hotel in Calgary and it was not as clean (they should have done a post-construction thorough cleaning)! It's close to the airport which was great for an early-morning departure; it is just slightly off a main road (No. 3), tucked in close to industrial buildings but easy to get to. In case you're not familiar with the area, the hotel and airport are located in Richmond, which is only a short drive into Vancouver. Our 1-King room was on the 12th Floor with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the water/marina and the Richmond Night Market with a view of the mountains in the background. We had a great view of planes constantly passing by on the way in for a landing, very cool at night. The room was modern and lovely and had everything we needed; air conditioning worked great which is not always the case in hotels. Beautiful bathroom with glass shower and separate deep soaking tub - great for a cool soak after a very hot day out and about; nice toiletries. The bed, pillows and bedding are all very clean and comfortable. We did not use the pool and workout facilities or restaurant so cannot comment on those. The room was very quiet - we did hear sirens once that were right down below us and a few times we heard other guests talking in the hallway and their doors closing but it was very minimal. There is a daily charge for parking as is the case with many/most hotels in Vancouver and Richmond, and a charge for wi-fi (wi-fi is free to SPG members). Check-in and check-out was quick and easy. The only one thing I thought could have been better was that other than check-in and check-out, not one of the front desk staff greeted or acknowledged us any time we left or returned to the hotel. This is just a personal preference; I like a smile or a greeting as a hotel guest - however, this would not deter us from staying here again or recommending this Westin. I am very picky when it comes to hotel rooms and their cleanliness and every corner of our room and bathroom was spotless, as well as the hallways, elevators and lobby so a very enjoyable stay overall.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I booked this hotel on Priceline and it's awesome. I put in for a four star hotel by the Vancouver airport and that I only wanted to pay $100.00. The came back with a 118.00 offer and I took it. After paying they sent me the hotel we would be at. What a great deal. To book this hotel on westins site or Expedia it was 250.00. I didn't car what hotel just so that it was a 4 star close to the airport. Try it if you don't care which hotel your gonna stay one night in.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
WallCentreHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Momonthegox3, thank you for writing your encouraging review and providing us with your 5-point rating regarding your stay. We are excited to know that you have spent an amazing time at the Wall Centre and appreciate your positive feedback very much. It has been our pleasure to have welcomed you and we hope to see you again in the near future.