“Pasta! Dessert! Tea! =)”
Review of Cafe de Waraku

Cuisines: Cafe, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Vancouver
“Pasta! Dessert! Tea! =)”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Mmm...my 3 favorite treats! I love pasta! Who doesn't? Especially that it's Japanese inspired! They have at least 25-30 different kinds of pasta to choose from such as their signature clear sauce which has no MSG, cream sauce, pesto, tomato, cream tomato, etc. All of their sauces are good. I guess their toppings are abit limited but it's so yummy that you don't even remember about that issue. The spaghetti is made al dente all the time. Consistent portions. The only comment I want to make is when you order chicken, it looks like it's processed? Maybe it's home-made chicken? Don't know. But I love all the dishes I've ordered there so far; I wanted to lick the plate after I was done! I recommend smoked salty salmon + spinach and scallop + masago.

Oh, I haven't gotten to the dessert yet. They have at least 15 different desserts to drool over on the refrigerated glass display. They have creme brulee, cheesecakes, fruit flavored cakes, chocolate cakes and vegan cakes possibly? They were made out of tofu.

As for drinks, they have the usual coffee, tea and milk teas.

This place should be rocking! But I don't know why every time I go there, it's dead. Maybe because it's tucked in a plaza where parking is limited. What I do is I park at Aberdeen Mall. After dinner, I would walk back to the Mall to do some shopping.

Service is good. Food arrives at a reasonable time also.

• Visited March 2013