“Excellent Property”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent Property”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel last week during a quick business trip to Vancouver. It is important to note that this is the hotel near the airport (in Richmond), NOT the Sheraton downtown in Vancouver. Upon arrival, this hotel had the appearance of an outdated property from the 70s or 80s, however when I entered, I was pleased to discover that it had recently been remodeled. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, and got me in a nice room right away. My room was on the fourth floor, and was beautiful. The bed was extremely comfortable (which is typical for the Westin/Sheraton brand) and the room was spacious and tastefully decorated. Everything was spotlessly clean. The hotel amenities were very nice, including a Starbucks in the lobby, a full-service restaurant (which I did not dine at), a heated outdoor pool, and an excellent fitness center. The concierge was very helpful, and even loaned me an umbrella for the typically rainy Vancouver evening. The hotel also has a free airport shuttle, which runs every half hour (the hotel is only 10 minutes from the terminal). It was an excellent stay, and I could not have been happier.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about my hotel on Trip Advisor.
I am pleased that once entering the hotel that you recognized the signifcant change and renovations that were completed when the hotel converted to Sheraton 2 years ago.
We are very proud of the product that we offer our guests as well as our consistent delivery friendly service.
I truly appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Steve Veinot

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Palm Cove, Australia
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed in Sheraton Vancouver Airport for two days, before my overseas flight. The check-in was courteous and prompt. The room looked quite nice, modern, the King bed is huge, and way to comfy :) . Other, then that fitness center is awesome, service very good, hotel does have complimentary airport shuttle.
But the best part of Sheraton is its location - Richmond, one of the nicest area in Vancouver metro. Especially if you're doing last minute shopping. Richmond shopping center just 5 minutes away, Best Buy, Winners any many more within walking distance as well.
The only downsides of the whole experience was first of all: lack of free WiFi in the room, however its free down in the lobby/starbucks area, secondly on upper floor (I was staying on 5th floor), there is noticeable buzzing like noise coming from the roof, especially during night
Overall I would definitely recommend Sheraton Vancouver Airport.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Most definately the best part about the room was the amazingly comfortable beds. Though, they are a little softer than the usual hotel bed, so that might not work for everyone. The rest of the room was nothing too spectacular, but was modern and had a nice work station, flat screen TV and a mini fridge (we were on a Sheraton Preferred Guest floor). The room was also surprisingly quiet, which we enjoyed.

The bathroom was a little tight, with a shallow tub, but overall fairly decent with some nice toiletry items. We were amazed at the amount of machines and equipment in the fitness centre! If you really like to work out while travelling, you'll definately have all you need here.

We didn't really like the charge for wireless, or the steep parking fee ($19) for an unsecured parking lot. Generally we've found that many hotels in Richmond, Burnaby, etc. offer free parking. When you stay outside of downtown Vancouver, it is definately more common to get free parking.

Harolds had great food, modern decor, and great service, but was a tad pricey for just basic food. Get yourself a coupon and you'll feel better about it :)

Overall, this was a pretty nice hotel, but you will need to factor in the extra charges and decide if it is worth it to you to stay here over other hotels. We don't have reason to stay in Richmond often, but we'd probably stay here again IF after considering the wireless and parking fees, the rates were comparable to other similar properties.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I had a conference that was based here. We were able to catch the shuttle from the airport (wihich was complimentary) and be at the hotel within 10 min of boarding. I've stayed at other Sheraton properties and have always enjoyed my stay. This hotel was no different. The room was very nice, with a modern-feeling bathroom and soft linens on the bed. My one word of caution would be.....if you don't like sleeping on soft beds you won't have a good sleep (the reason I gave a low score for sleep quality) Nothing to do with it being unclean or anything of that matter. I loved the feeling of a luxurious bed but unfortunately it was too soft for me.
The have a nice restaurant, business center, fitness center, and pool on site and for serious coffee drinkers, a Starbucks. I found this hotel to well run, clean, and comfortable. As far as being close to anything....we didn't have much time to really venture out but did notice that the large mall is 10 min walking distance. I would, in a heart-beat, stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I spent one night here and really liked it.

The hotel is in an great location for an airport hotel. It was well centralized in Richmond within walking distance from the Canada-Line, Banks, Shopping, Money changer. The airport shuttle is a 5 minute drive from the airport.

The bed in the room was utterly amazing and the most comfortable I have ever slept on. I should have really looked to see what they were using because I want to sleep on that all the time.

The room had a large HDTV with a great choice of channels. The airconditioing / heat in the room was powerful and phenomenal. The room was spotless clean! There was a good iron and ironing board which I used on my shirt. There was complimentary starbucks coffee and cups in room. The bottled water was not free, but this is Vancouver so the tap water is just as good. The bathroom had a powerful shower/ tub but the amenities were very basic, soap, shampoo and conditioner. There was also a hairdryer.

The only negative was no free wifi or internet, but there are many computers available to use in the lobby area with internet access for free.

The buffet breakfast and restaurant was not the best, but not the worst either.

Service was very good at this hotel. Based on the cost of this hotel, they could provide some more amenities.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
London, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We visited this hotel at the end of August and had a great stay. The hotel is all very modern and new looking. The outdoor area is full of beautiful flowers and plants. We spent the end of an evening in the hot tub, which had a great view of the courtyard. We made good use of the Starbucks inside the hotel.

The room was very nicely decorated. You could tell it had been updated in the past couple of years. It wasn't a huge room but it gave us all we needed. The bed was very comfy. We only stayed here for a couple of days so we didn't have much interaction with the staff, but out check-in went smoothly and the cleaning service was excellent.

We enjoyed our stay. We got a great deal and would definitely consider coming back depending on the purpose of our trip. This would be a great hotel for a business trip. It's very close to the airport. One downside is the cost of parking per day.

Very nice hotel for your business trip to Vancouver.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed at the hotel for a weekend away and we really enjoyed it. The service was wonderful with very friendly staff. The rooms are quite spacious with great amenities and the beds are super comfortable! The decor is modern, yet warm and inviting. We were pleased with the location - it's close to shopping, restaurants, transportation and it's very easy to get into Vancouver. We had a great time and we would definitely recommend the hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple