“Missed my connecting flight and stayed in a beautiful room in Sheraton”

Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I was coming home from visiting Philippines and I missed the connecting flight in Vancouver so I had to stay overnight at Sheraton Inn close to the airport. There was a shuttle bus that picked me up from the airport and in the morning the same shuttle bus drove me back to the airport to catch my flight. The service in the hotel was excellent. The room they gave me is a two double bed and it was very clean and beautiful. The restaurant in the main floor was sort of casual atmosphere with televisions all over and the bar was in the middle. The service in the restaurant was excellent too, very polite staff. My over all experience was very good and I will recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank CanadaIsabel

Reviewed 20 January 2013

Andrea the front desk lady who checked us in was very professional and such a wonderful person. She gave us so many good news during the check-in. We were so lucky to get an early check in with a complimentary room upgrade to preferred guest level and even better to a business executive room. Free internet was also included-hotel's promotion during the period of our stay. Our room had a large balcony overlooking this beautiful city of Vancouver, we can see some mountains and once in a while airplanes taking off and landing at Vancouver Airport. Even though, this hotel is very close to the airport but still very quiet. BTW, all staff we met in this hotel were very friendly and helpful.
Skytrain station (Richmond-Brighouse Station) is about 10 minutes’ walk from the hotel and riding during the weekend only cost $2.75 (3 zones, valid for 1.5 hours) that can take you to almost anywhere in the greater Vancouver area. Parking is reasonable at CAD$18.97 each night and three hotels share the same lot (Sheraton, Marriott and Hilton). It is self parking without a gate/guard that was kind of weird with only some parking machines. We guessed that was like many parking lots in Vancouver City, they use surveillance camera to monitor cars in the lot and you need to give the hotel staff your car’s license plate number and they will put you in the system that parking fee goes to room charge then you don’t need to deal with those parking machines. Andrea also told us the parking will be good until 6pm the day of check-out. That was very convenient too. At check-in, Andrea even offered us complimentary late check-out since we can park our car until 6pm so she would like to give us more time to explorer this beautiful city. We didn’t take the offer since noon time check-out would be perfect already for us to drive back to Seattle.
We visited Vancouver City Center by taking Skytrain since we drove many times to Vancouver downtown before and the traffic wasn’t too good and parking fee in the city center and Stanley Park were even more expensive. It turned out to be a great experience. The Skytrain was nice and clean and very reliable and much faster than driving and of course much cheaper. We probably won’t drive into the city center again when we visit Vancouver next time. Skytrain should be the way to go! We also took Sea Bus (Ferry) from Waterfront station to North Vancouver which was such a wonderful 15 minutes ride (one way) with very reasonable price (free with your Skytrain ticket). Just make sure you purchase at least 2 zone ticket and you take it within valid time window.
All in all, this hotel is strongly recommended to be a nice base touring the Greater Vancouver area and once again billion thanks to Andrea (front desk) who made our Vancouver stay/trip such a great one from the very beginning!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms on West tower facing Vancouver City Center view should be better and away from ma...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HouAndLee L
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I was recently staying at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel with my husband and was very impressed with the accommodations. The restaurant in the hotel had awesome food and a mean Caesar. The room was great and of special note was the customer service of the staff; particularly the phone operators. I called with a couple of special requests and both the operators Chris and Caitlyn were very helpful and friendly. I felt like they really cared how my stay was going.
Thanks Sheraton! I'll definitely be a returning customer :)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle V
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Trying to find a nice place to have Christmas Dinner without spending and Arm and a Leg is very difficult. My mother and I started our search of the different hotels in our area and came to find that the price at Harold's ($40.00) was the best of our hunt. We were able to make a reservation a few days a head and even lucked out to be able to sit in the Lounge where it was Child Free. Finding that out was what sealed the reservation. We ended up inviting 2 other friends and had a wonderful time. The wait staff were professional and did not rush us at all. In fact when we got up to leave 3.5 hours had gone by, this I suspect was because we were in the lounge.

The buffet was not huge but had the main selections for Christmas Dinner. The food was kept topped up and the deserts were fresh and tasty.

Harold's Bistro will now be a new tradition for my mother, friends and I!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Stayed one night with my son, close to restaurants & sky train
Pro's
Beds are incredible, staff are extremely friendly and helpful
Rooms are modern and efficient
Cons
Bathrooms are really tiny
Parking is stupidly expensive to be parked in a non secure shop parade parking lot $19

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brats
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I recently stayed at the Sheraton for a conference and was happily surprised on how comfortable the bed was to sleep in. I was in a King room and I had the best sleep ever. Never heard my neighbors and the hotel staff was great.

Room Tip: If you are on the Starwood Points Program be sure to ask about internet use. I found out on the las...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to add a review to Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular, enjoyed the comfort of the bed.
We look forward to being your hotel of choice for any future plans that bring you to Richmond.

Regards

Steve Veinot

Reviewed 25 November 2012

This is one of the best values in the city. The beds are amazing, the rooms are spacious and the staff are friendly. Harold's bar has the best gyoza's and great atmosphere. The location is great from the airport with a free shuttle and about 30 min from downtown vancouver. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012