“loved it”

Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The beds are soft and very comfortable. Slept really well even on the first night. Room was in the south tower facing the side parking lot, so it was very quiet. Staff were very helpful, and reassuring that they would come up immediately to deal with any noise or problems when we saw that the door across the hall had duct tape lettering on it. (There were several teams in the hotel the weekend we were there.) Fortunately it was quiet. Wifi in the rooms is expensive but can get it free in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel

Reviewed 15 June 2013

If you get too good a deal watch were they put you. We had great view of the roof from a garden view room. $18 per day parking -- little high and did not figure into the room charge. Other than that the room is very nice and we left after vieing the roof anyway and explored Vancouver! SOFT matteress -- wife loved it -- i hated it!

Room Tip: do not get the rooms in the garden anex
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This was a very nice hotel. Room was very nice, awesome beds, accommodating staff, and the best workout room I have ever seen in a hotel! The only cons are paid parking, and no free wifi. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

On behalf of all of the staff and management of the hotel, thank you for taking the time to provide your comments on your recent stay with us.
As of last week, we have changed 100% of the beds in the hotel and I am pleased to hear the positive feedback on our new product. I will also ensure that our staff is made aware of your positive comment related to our service. We are also very pleased to be able to offer a superior fitness experience for our guests and continue to receive many favorable comments our facility.
The hotel is almost complete in changing out our wifi infrastructure to ensure that we can deliver on the internet demands that continue to grow in our industry. Upon completion later this month, we will be re-evaluating our pricing and are looking at multiple options.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Best Regards,
Steve Veinot

Reviewed 12 June 2013

My first visit for a conference was May 13-15 and my second visit was for another conference June 1-3. I will review both visits separately.

My first visit I was in room 469 in the south tower which faced a side parking lot and was extremely quiet. Having a balcony was very nice for enjoying the evening air. The room was spacious and the bed rated up there with one of the most comfortable I have slept on. Ample pillows made for a very restful sleep. The bathroom amenities were very good and a very nice shower.

On my second stay I was again in the south tower but room 480. This faced the main hotel entrance and was considerably noisier. I would suggest a room facing away from the main road and parking lot. The north tower has very nice rooms that face the swimming pool courtyard. This was a lovely quiet space.

Internet was an additional $7.95 a day but was included with my reservation. Parking is also additional but again was covered with my reservation. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This hotel is very central with lots of restaurants and places to visit within walking distance.

The only downfall was the slowness of the one elevator when heading to the conference in the morning. With many people staying at the hotel, things were a little slow at times.

Room Tip: A room facing the side parking lot or in the north tower facing the pool court yard.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This was my first ever international trip. Wanting somewhere close to the airport yet not filled with airport headaches: traffic, noise, etc. I arrived early and Cam @ the front desk worked really hard to get me a room with all my requests before the normal check in time. He even helped retrieve my luggage and gave me tips on Richmond. Yvonne in Harold's was so friendly and helped me with directions in the local area. My room was very clean and well kept. My housekeeper (sorry I forgot her name, very long name) was very friendly and made sure I had everything I needed. Overall, the hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating. The property is very well maintained. I will definitely return.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The Sheraton Vancouver Airport, is our regular place to park and stay before leaving on our trips. The Staff, rooms and food is excellent, and we are always welcomed in a first class manner. The most recent trip was with our youngest two granddaughters and they loved the Sheraton, and still talk about it.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful, clean and fresh.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I won't be staying here again and didn't like this hotel one bit. I don't normally complain but I found some things about this stay bothersome. Pay parking $19. Every other hotel we looked at in Richmond was free parking. Wifi, some annoying charge also. I find hotels that cater to business travelers should provide wifi or at least provide it to your SPG folks. The outside courtyard area is nicely landscaped I will say. The hot tub was ok if you could get past the dirt/hair ring around it. Poolside rooms are noisy, especially if there is a young boys hockey team that spends the evening running, yelling, and throwing things. The only thing that muffled the noise from outside was the extremely noisy air conditioner inside. Pick your noise! I see others experienced the opposite of us, our beds were painfully hard. Only good thing about the beds was the plethora of pillows available. The tv remote was so gargantuan I could barely hold it and there was no such thing as flipping channels with this system. It was so slow changing from one channel to the next, we just gave up. The restaurant was just ok, the servers were very nice though.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family