“Excellent Guest Service”

Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Our group of 12+2 infant (6 rooms) stayed for 4 nights, we all arrived in different times from different states and I personally arrived from San Diego, we all discussed on how the staff been so friendly, efficient at the check in, I have to point to one special front desk staff member who's truly exceeded our expectation, Miguel, he greeted us with a kind warm smile offered his help and assistance I truly felt at home, Miguel, is very professional he anticipated our need and always offer his service, Thank You so much for making our trip memorable, I most definitely be back....just one small issue was the spa not heating up, which I'm very sure is been taken care off by now,

Room Tip: My room was great, same floor with all our family member's rooms...Thank you for keeping us on o...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Our group of 10 (5 rooms) had a good experience at this hotel. We arrived early (about 1 pm) and were given 1 room so that we could unload our luggage, which worked fine for us since we were going sightseeing for a few hours. Later we returned our rental cars at the airport and hopped the shuttle back to the hotel. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes and proved to be very reliable. The rooms were clean and spacious (though the views were nothing to rave about), the thermostats actually allowed us to cool the rooms promptly, the beds were comfortable, and the service was outstanding. We had a good meal at the restaurant/bar. The hotel is slightly dated but is very well maintained.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Traveler3933
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I didn't plan to be at this hotel - but a cancelled Alaska Airlines flight resulted in a stay here. A quick review to say that the rapid, friendly efficient check-in, helpful staff, fast room service, nice room service waiter and decent food has taken the edge off a stressful few hours. The staff deserve commendation for their professionalism and friendliness - and the new beds are a welcome treat, even for a five-hour sleep before heading back to the airport.

Room Tip: Second floor room might be nicer away from parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed a total of 2 nights. The hotel is in a good location close to restaurants and shopping. Room was decent size and clean. The one thing that aggravates me is when hotels like this nickel and dime you for everything. For instance, I was charged an extra $18.99/day to park my car and an extra $5.00/day for internet in my room. It annoys me when hotels charge these extra fees when they should be included in my opinion. I'm suprised they didn't charge me an extra $20/day if I wanted a TV in my room. I probably won't stay here again simply because of all the "add-on" fees.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business for four nights.
Clean facilities and phenomenal gym, the reception staff were quick in checking in and supportive.

FYI, if you are SPG member Internet is free, however parking is $19 a day.

I would certainly recommend this hotel for pleasure or business travel.

• Stayed: July 2013
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your hotel stay on Trip Advisor.
As an SPG member, I am pleased that your check in was to your liking in terms of speed as you are obviously already familiar with the hotel product and offerings. I also appreciate your comments on the hotels gym which I think is the best fitness offering at a hotel property in the City.
Again, many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Regards,
Steve Veinot

Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband booked this hotel using Hotwire and managed to get a very good rate. We checked in very late to this hotel after a series of delayed flights on our way home from eastern Canada. We called the airport shuttle to pick us up and they arrived within 10-15 minutes. Check-in went very smoothly at the late hour (after midnight).

Our room was comfortable and nicely decorated, The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was nicely decorated too. I believe the view from our room faced into the parking lot. Not a big deal as it wasn't important to us.

It turns out the room was located in the convention centre area and the noise level started to steadily increase from ~6 am. Lots of noises from staff and service carts, conventioneers, etc... I would have really liked to have slept another hour or two, but it was impossible with all the noise going on outside our room.

Room Tip: Check to see where the room is located...avoid rooms near the convention centre area unless you'...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Booked through Hotwire and arrived late after a long drive. Staff got us checked in quickly and secured our bikes in a storage room. Room was spacious and comfortable for the one night stay. Breakfast buffet was fine but priced high. We had a great poolside table. Go for dim sum since you are in Richmond.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family