“A very good Hotel in Richmond BC”

Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver
“A very good Hotel in Richmond BC”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

A very good hotel. Easy parking and check in. Very courteous staff.Rooms and furnishings very good.comfortable and clean. Good restaurant facilities. Location very handy to YVR airport.. 10 minutes away..handy to sky train to downtown Vancouver.very good meeting room facilities if required
A very nice place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I always stay at this hotel in Vancouver at the airport whenever I have business or have to take
a flight from YVR. The greetings I get and the service is always first class. I am a Gold SPG
member and they treat me like royalty.

I will never stay at another hotel in this area.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a studio suite, which was heavenly.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Thank you very much for your positive words.
It is very encouraging to see our return guests and SPG guests providing us with such positive feedback from their stays.
With so many hotel and brand options available to you, thank you so much for choosing Starwood and the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel.

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during a conference. The room was located facing the patio on the first floor. Felt as though I had to keep the curtains closed as there was no privacy from the people using the patio and pool. The room was very noisy as we'll due to the first floor corridor being used as a walk through to get to the tower. Flight crews wandered through at very late (early) hours and we're not shy about loud talk. Also felt insecure as access to the hallways is unrestricted. I asked to be moved to a room off the first floor but was refused by the front desk staff despite the hotel not being full. I probably won't return.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Please accept my apologies for your recent experience at the Hotel. I am quite surprised by our inability to relocate your room during your stay and will attempt to investigate further; however this is made difficult by the anonymity built into the Trip Advisor review process.
I will certainly make the front office team aware of your comments.
Understanding that it may not be your preference to return to the hotel in the future, I hope that you change your mind and afford us an opportunity to recover your future business. If this is a possibility, I encourage you to contact me personally in advance of your stay so that I can ensure your comfort and sense of security.

Regards,
British Columbia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I've stayed here a few times and always for courses, seminars or the like. I like staying in Richmond, there's a vibrant Chinese culture here and it's easily accessed from this hotel. You are also within a ten minute walk of the skytrain and across the street from the Richmond Mall if you need to nip over to the Bay or whatever. There's also a big London Drugs a block away. Shuttles to and from the airport are reliable and convenient, wifi is free and works well, there's an onsite Starbucks and a liquor store next door - everything is handy and convenient to the business traveller. Left to my own devices, I'd stay elsewhere in the Vancouver area, but this is a very comfortable business hotel. Staff are great, too - very helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Had to stay three nights for business and found this to be a great place. The hotel is newly renovated and the rooms were clean, quiet and had comfortable beds. Great high speed internet, breakfast was included and the buffet was close to standard hotel buffet but with a little more fresh fruits which I enjoyed. The Starbucks in the lobby was great but wish it was open past 6pm.I used the on-site restaurant for dinner twice and found it was a little pricey but the food was very good. I used the exercise facility a few times and it was excellent and very well equipped and open 24 hours.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you kindly for your candid feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel.
The detail in your type of comments allows us to constantly evaluate our operation and services and helps us make changes in order to better deliver on our guests expectations.
We hope to welcome you from back should your future travel from Ontario bring you back to the Richmond area.

Nanaimo
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband had a work conference so we decided to tag along and have some family time and a small getaway.
There was a small mix up with our room but it ended up working out for the better. We had a jr suite which was great ( I had 2 kids with me so they loved the extra space to play and chill) and spacious but I must say the decor is a little lacking and dated. Room was clean bed was comfy and it was nice and quiet.

The only thing I didn't like was having to go down to the bottom of our tower across the lobby then down the hall and up a different elevator to the 7th floor to get to the club lounge. It's a bit of a trek especially white 2 kids.

Breakfast in the club lounge was ok - not a fan of wet scrambled eggs and would have liked to seen the addition of sausage or bacon or something else to go with the eggs. Good selection of fruits, breads, juices. Cocktail hour was good and the snacks put out we're fabulous.

The staff in the club lounge were great and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 13 October 2013

A great little hotel close to the airport and close to all that Richmond has to offer. Lots of restaurants and shopping near by. Very close to the night market as well. Hotel itself was well appointed.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you kindly for your positive comments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we are always very happy to welcome our guests from Seattle.