“Not clean ”

Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I have been a gold member with Starwood and enjoyed top notch service and rooms in every hotel I've been to. This was not a good experience. Rooms are dusty, we found blood on our linens TWO different nights- called and complained and it was changed but not apologetically. They changed a lightbulb in our room, left the old one on the nightstand. I spoke to a manager about how unsatisfactory our hotel stay was, he rushed me off the phone said he'd call me back and never did. Very disappointed in this hotel being associated with Starwood.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheGragopians
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Please accept my sincere apologies for the cleanliness issues during your stay as well as our lack of responsiveness to your concerns. As can be evidenced my the majority of our online reviews, your experience was not the norm. I would like to follow up further and gather more information on the specifics of your stay but this proves difficult due to the anonymous platform that Trip Advisor provides to it's audience. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally (or contact by email) if at all possible.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Not sure I would stay again. I am nearly certain the shuttle driver didn't come as planned to pick up from the airport, perhaps he was on a break but arriving late night after a long flight wasn't great. Rooms are fine and much nicer than the hallways. My reservation was for a king bed but they gave me two doubles and told me that is what my reservation was for. I don't think I will even waste my time showing the the reservation. I was also told there would be water in the room (one complimentary and one for purchase) however I found none. Glad it's only for one night. Should have stayed at the Fairmont and not have to bother with the shuttle.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you for your tripadvisor review comments on your recent stay at the Sheraton. I am truly sorry that your experience did not even come close to meeting your expectations. While none of the shortcomings and service failures were too serious on their own, collectively they are simply unacceptable.
I am not sure that we will have the opportunity to host you at the hotel in the future and I completely understand that. If however you do allow me the opportunity for a future stay, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel and I will personally ensure that your stay meets your expectations,

Best Regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights when attending my daughters hockey tournament in Richmond. The rooms were a good size, view of the parking lot not great but oh well. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave! The room was clean and incredibly quiet considering how busy it was in the hotel. The kids enjoyed the outdoor pool and the hot tub was nice.

When I first booked our room several months prior I asked about staying on the club floor. I was told that I couldn't because I had children with me. So I was disappointed. While at the hotel, found out several families had booked club rates and were in regular rooms but were given access to the club level, so I was disappointed that this wasn't made apparent to me. I emailed reservations a few days prior to arrival to ask about this again but didn't hear back from reservations until the day after we arrived and they basically said "sorry we are late in getting back to you, have a good stay". So that part was a bit disappointing.

We ate in Harolds several times and the food was always good. We had a team dinner in Harolds one evening with approximately 40 people and we had been warned by a hockey mom who had done a dinner there before about a certain "not so great" server. Well, unlucky for us, we had that server....she was rude, and should not be a waitress.....on at least 3 occasions, we were taken aback by her attitude and comments while she was serving the table. Because it was a team dinner, there was an automatic gratuity added to our bill but had that not been there, she would NOT have been tipped. The blonde waitress I should add, was great, the dark brown haired one was NOT.

Parking was good, and there is alot of things to walk to from the hotel so that was great. Beds were comfortable, bathrooms were roomy, the front desk staff always friendly. All in all, we would definitely consider this hotel again when travelling.

Room Tip: We stayed in the north tower and it was very quiet. Lots of walking at this hotel but you figure ou...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank leahb
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way to Cabo San Lucas Mexico. The staff were excellent in anticipating our needs and seemed to be very natural. Our dinner was great in Harold's the room was very clean and well appointed definitely will stay here again. The shuttle to the airport was a definite asset and the driver very helpful!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary R
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at this Sheraton quite a bit due to work. I have nothing but great things to say about it! The staff are always smiling, friendly, accommodating, hospitable and they clearly take service seriously. I can be finicky when certain things aren't right, and I've never seen such dedication to ensuring a guests' needs are met. They go that extra mile to make sure I'm happy. Travelling is stressful, as is living out of a suitcase when on business. They make me feel welcome and at home.
Here are a couple of examples:
- I was sick with a nasty cold, and when the shuttle driver found out, he connected with other staff and upon my arrival to my room that night, a tray with chamomile teas, honey, lemon wedges, cookies and fresh fruit were waiting for me. SERIOUSLY!
- The front desk staff have found a way to check me in early a couple of times. And they moved my microwave, kettle and extra linens without even batting an eyelash.
I wish I could share the names of some of these outstanding staff members on here, but I'll be sure to let hotel management know. Thanks everyone!

• Stayed: March 2014
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Many thanks for not only your positive review on tripadvisor but also for providing us with specific examples of how my Associates went the extra mile to make your stay more enjoyable and memorable. I have said before in responding to reviews how extremely valuable it is for us to hear from frequent travelers and return guests to our hotel, so again, many thanks for letting us know about your experiences while staying with us.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here again for another conference, and as has been the case in the past, the staff were wonderful, the room was clean, very clean, and we were were delighted. We only had one minor issue and that was that we got a parking ticket despite registering our car. Wasn't a problem though, brought the ticket to the front desk and they took care of it right away.
Will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you can afford it try to get a room on the 'club' floor so that you get access to the 7th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We had a short but nice stay at this hotel. First, I'd like to commend the staff who were very helpful to us on two occasions. We arrived in Vancouver at 3am due to numerous flight delays. I called the hotel and was told the Shuttle would be delayed so the desk advised that we could take a taxi which the hotel would pay for. This was unexpected and we were extremely grateful because there were no taxis at that time due to the late arrival. The line up would have taken at least an hour. The staff also helped us locate some missing documents that we only noticed were gone a few days later. We called the hotel back and the manager there was kind enough to contact the cab company we used. He was able to locate the receipt given after our 4 am ride which had the cab number. These examples are over and above what I have experienced at other hotels.

The Hotel itself was comfortable and clean as expected for a Sheraton. The location is a short drive to the airport and there is an AVIS rental car agency minutes away so you can avoid the airport rental fees. This was a simple stop before our further travels and it served perfectly. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank g4480
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you very much for the review of your stay at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel. I am pleased that even though the circumstances around your staying in Richmond were unexpected that you still enjoyed your stay with us. I am also always pleased when my Associates have been of assistance and I truly appreciate your comments related to them. Your comments will definitely be shared with the entire team.