Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Fairmont Vancouver Airport(Richmond)
US$456
US$270
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn Vancouver Airport(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$235
US$219
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Accent Inn Vancouver Airport(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$136
All reviewsnorth towerthe club loungeolympic ovalstarbucks coffeerichmond mallpool and hot tubbusiness tripfitness centerhousekeeping staffvancouver airportnice roommini fridgeking bedone night stayfree shuttlecanada lineshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel as I attended a school sports meeting. The location is excellent. Compared to other airport locations, this one is in the middle of a busy commercial area with plenty of restaurants, a big mall across the street, public transit a block away, etc. Excellent for a stay longer than your basic oversight stay.
As with most Sheraton properties I have visited, it is sparkly clean. All areas are very open and inviting.
Staff was very accommodating and I was able to get all the help I needed. Restaurant is a bit pricey but I got a discount with our group and it was worth it. Interestingly enough there is a Starbucks coffee on premises allowing you to get a few more items than your regular breakfast or lunch.
Rooms were quiet, with ample space and well stocked with amenities. Beds were good enough to rest.
Overall, a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I came in for a 3 night stay recently. When I checked in Alice assigned me a room and I asked was that a nice, she said yes. I said ok. I didn't go up to the room right away, instead, I had a drink in the bar till late before I went up. When I got up, it was 268, i.e. 2nd fl and in front for the elevator. I said to myself, how would this qualified to be a nice room but anyway, I am not picky. I went in only to find out the window is on the roof of something, don't know what it is but nevermind, I don't need view. For 3 consecutives nights, it was noisy. I just didn't bothered to get up and change room. 3 days later, I checked out and by chance, Alice checked me out too. She asked who was my stay. I told her noisy and 268 was not a nice room. She didn't say anything. I got my bill and I left.
This incident didn't hit me much until I completed my next stay at Renassance Seattle. I was very well treated at my next stay. The staff actually cares when they asked how was your stay. Since I asked for driving directions. They were so nice to give me two bottles of water for the journey. Talking about making a difference, Renaissance Seattle's service is way better. By the way, Sheraton Vancouver is not close to the airport at all. Don't be mistaken. I got rental car so I was ok. However, the parking there is 18 dollars a night. You judge for yourself whether that's a good price.
Apart from that, the room was clean. The bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was overall satisfied with my recent stay the Sheraton Vancouver Airport. It got the job done: It provided a nice clean room with a decent bed. A little pricey though considering there is no free Wi-Fi. There are lots of attractions nearby such as the huge shopping centre. It is very close (a 8 minute drive) to the airport, letting you make the most out of your stay. The breakfast at their restaurant was decent and there was a full service Starbucks right in the lobby! The one thing they try to get you to spend extra is on water though. In the rooms, there is one Dasani and one Nestle. If you read the take carefully the Dasani one is free and the Nestle one is $4.50! Buyer beware! Overall an average hotel with a great location that gets the job done!

Room Tip: Choose a floor above ground level preferably looking into the pool/courtyard area for lots of sun.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kbergs123
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I want to recognize bellman "ALYAS" at the Sheraton Airport, Richmond, BC. Without being asked, he went above and beyond the call of duty. He carried my bags to my room. Chatting I mentioned I was catching the ferry to Victoria the next day. Shortly afterwards, there was a knock on my door and ALYAS was there with the ferry schedule he had printed off. And asked to just call . If I needed anything at all. He is definitely an asset to this hotel. I had asked at check in about a taxi to the ferry the next day. There was no offer or question about whether or not I needed a schedule. Other staff I encountered in hotel are "just doing a job", not acceptable with this brand. If I wanted to stay at a Holiday Inn I would have. I won't be back!

I cannot say that about any other staff member there. I was not impressed with this hotel at all and I am an SPG Platinum member for life. Not up to the SPG brand in my opinion. And not impressed with food safe in Platinum Lounge.

Room Tip: Hotel way too large. Had to send back gooey not totally cooked inside fish and the chips were very dark as was the outside batter. When was the oil last changed?
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Thank Dr LJ and Colle... W
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you very much for the feedback that you provided on your recent stay with us. Alyas has been a wonderful recent addition to our team at the hotel and I will make certain that he is made aware of your kind words. I am however sorry to hear that you did not receive similar service experiences with other Associates in the hotel. I will definitely use this as a training opportunity and be quick to point out how above and beyond service like that provided by Alyas can be overshadowed with lack luster performance by others.
My expectation of service delivery, especially to our valued SPG members, is miles above what you experienced and I hope that we are afforded another opportunity in the future to demonstrate that.

Regards,
Steve Veinot

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed in the Sheraton for one night on our way home from a long weekend up in the North of British Columbia. The hotel is easy to find and has restaurants in walking distance close by. Parking is in front of the hotel, but excessively expensive for not being right next to the airport and rather close to Richmond itself.

The lobby was nice and had a Starbucks, it is definitely cheaper to get coffee and some breakfast items there instead of using the hotel's service. The rooms are all nice and big, slightly outdated. There is some TLC needed in places, but I think overall a decent hotel. In case you are booking through a 3rd party site, don't let them put you next to the conference rooms (200s). The noise was horrible in the morning, they set up the rooms very early and the staff does not care if people are sleeping right opposite of the rooms. There was talking, moving furniture, noise of cups and glassware being set up etc.

I don't think that WiFi should cost anything nowadays. The hotel rooms itself are expensive enough, you have to pay for parking and in the end, pay for WiFi too? There are two options, $4,95 for the dial-up speed really slow WiFi or you pay $9,95 for the upgraded faster version. Not what I expect at all, when even the small motel chains offer it for free (and rooms are 2/3 less).

All in all, since I'm mostly booking hotels on sales, I might at some point go back again, but I would not do so for the regular rack rate.

Room Tip: do not let them put you close to the meeting rooms in the 200s floor, very noisy when the staff set's the place up very early in the morning.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple