“Friendly staff and good hotel for vacation”

Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Friendly staff and good hotel for vacation”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have stayed in this hotel for a few times this year , every time when i check in , i was welcomed by friendly and helpful staffs ! During my stay last week , i had a bad flu and sore throat, when i check in , there is a staff called Stanley Lung noticed that i was sicked probably because my changed of voice , he offered me his strepsils ! Although it is just a candy , his warmly and thoughtful gesture touched me !! When i leave , he still remember me and asked if i feel better , thank you stanley and i will definitely come again and recommend this hotel to my friends and family

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had to stay at this place because of a flight delay. Got there very late at night but check in was quite speedy and they were able to answer all of our questions. The room was a decent size with two queen beds lots of pillows, comfy bed. We had the breakfast buffet in the am. For $19 I was a bit disappointed in what was offered. The French toast was cold and the selection of fruits was limited. I have had better buffets included in other hotels in Calgary with a way better selection .
It was ok to stay at and the service was good Not sure I would select this place if I was picking one on my own. It is close to the airport

Room Tip: It is a fairly large hotel and I think there was only one elevator which may be a problem. We were i...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel shows signs of age. The tower we stayed in had only one elevator so that can be less convenient.

I opted out of their housekeeping service as part of their "green program" but I still ended up getting it and I felt the promise and delivery was disconnected. The location is great in that it's close to the shopping and dining as well as the light rail.

The doors were very loud when they shut. I constantly get awoken up due to neighboring guests come and go. I also hear that they chat loudly on the balcony without little regard to others space. However this last piece is not really Sheraton's fault. At least not directly.

Also you paid for any phone service. Toll free or local. You have to pay. Something to keep in mind.

Room Tip: Get rooms at the ends of the hallway if you prefer quiet as doors can be loud when they shut.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank OvertheCascades
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel in June 2014 for about ten hours on a long layover. The hotel is convenient to the airport and served well by its shuttles. I had emailed the hotel earlier to anticipate an early morning arrival. My room was held and thanks to the very efficient staff, check in only took a minute.

There is a Starbucks on site and other dining facilities available. It is also very close (10 minute walk) to a large shopping center that has major shops and a large food court.

Two caveats: if you are sensitive to noise, the room I had did receive noise from the street as well as from nearby construction projects during the day. If you are sensitive to light and plan on resting in your room during daylight hours, the room that I had let in a lot of light -- there were no blackout curtains or drapes that I saw.

I would consider staying here again if I needed a room for a night by Vancouver airport.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeremy K
Arlington, Texas, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We chose this hotel because it was near the airport and had easy access to the skytrain which we were taking to see the sites in Vancouver. The room was lovely and clean, the staff was accommodating and very friendly. It was very nice to have both wireless internet in the room, and a conference center that we were in need of to go wired and print documents.There was a noisy party staying on our floor on our first night and when we mentioned it to the front desk, they apologized and not only did they speak to the guests but they offered to move us to another floor. The breakfast at the restaurant located in the hotel was amazing. We got the breakfast bar with hot food , fresh fruit and any beverage you could imagine. We will stay here again any time we visit Vancouver again.! Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
ryan_soderberg, Director of Operations at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for pointing out a number of the wonderful reasons for choosing the Sheraton Vancouver Airport hotel when visiting Richmond. We hope that these experiences will bring you back to stay with us when visiting the Richmond area again in the future.

Ryan Soderberg
Director of Operations
sherwood park, alberta
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here with a large group of kids and parent chaperones for a National music competition. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and the cleaning staff did a great job accommodating the different scheduling needs we had. Rooms are well supplied and provide ample space, even for teenagers:) When we were needing to use the lobby area to organize the kids, the hotel staff were very eager to help. They had the rooms and keys well organized when we got there which is very helpful to anyone travelling with groups. The location is easy to get to various places in the Vancouver area and the front desk was always ready to help with directions. Concierge wasn't overly helpful nor readily available but with the staff at the front desk willing to help this wasn't an issue. The hotel was clean despite being very full. Would stay at this hotel with a group again and would not hesitate to bring my family again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor. All of the feedback we’ve heard from the organisers of MusicFest was very positive. It is particularly nice to hear from guests who attended the event and stayed with us who share their feelings. Hopefully we’ll be able to welcome you back if your travels bring you back to the Richmond area in the future.

Regards,

Ryan Soderberg
Director of Operations
British Columbia
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Business trip. Have used hotel before. Awesome management and very helpful and friendly staff. Rooms very clean and comfortable. Lounge staff very accommodating for large group. Local restaurant very good. All meeting rooms met or exceeded our expectations. Closer to all amenities. Will return. Good value for $$$$

Room Tip: All rooms are v.good value. Quiet, comfortable although internet access is problematic.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business