“Excellent second stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Berkeley, California
“Excellent second stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was my second stay at this Sheraton property and it exceeded my expectations. This same hotel had convinced me to become a SPG member a year ago and I have been enjoying the benefits ever since. In both my experiences, I was checked in by a very welcoming front desk agent who treated me as a valued member and guest. I also really appreciated how he informed me about paid parking and instructions for free wifi since I'm a SPG member, without me having to ask. Our room was very spacious and warm, and the location was great, being next to Richmond center and a few minutes drive to the asian malls and summer night market. The value of the hotel is amazing with the stellar level of service and the location. I recommend staying here over downtown vancouver, which is a 15 minute drive away.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Courtenay, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel over the BC Day long weekend. We booked it at a good rate on a travel website and ended up paying less than people we knew that stayed at a nearby budget hotel. The room was large and nicely appointed. Nice bathroom too. The mini fridge was great to have and there was a microwave too. Having Starbucks in the lobby was nice to pop down and grab a cup in the morning. Pool area was nice and cool. Staff was super friendly!! We will definitely stay there again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

One night stay at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel. We will definitely come back.
We stayed in room 134. It faced the court yard and was on the ground floor. It had two comfy queen beds. We also had a small patio area outside of our room which was right by the pool, hot tub and outdoor eating area. It was very nice to have the pool right by us as it made it easy for our son to go swimming. Even though having the pool right by us was very covenant, there was some noise late at night at the pool by some young people at around midnight, but that did not last longer then maybe a half hour. Washroom was also nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Props to the concierge for getting everything I needed for my departure, especially Alyas who got me scissors and packing tape to wrap my newly-purchased skimboard in bubble wrap and cardboard (don't ask for bubble wrap or cardboard I brought that myself :p). He was very friendly and cheerfully made conversation while I went about wrapping.

Also the "engineering department" was able to get me a torque screwdriver (I thought I needed an allen key but their staff knew better) to unfasten the waist strap of my new MEC backpack.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel for only one night, between flights, and enjoyed it a lot. Room was large and very comfortable, the king-size bed felt great, everything was clean and well maintained. WiFi worked great. Staff was very friendly. Excellent Chinese restaurant nearby!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We were in Richmond for a wedding and booked the Sheraton because of their pay full price first night and then pay your "last two digits of your birthday" for following two nights promotion. The room and amenities were great. The hotel was clean and staff amazing. Special thanks to Amanda at front desk for her great service in ensuring that our stay was as great as it was.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was greeted by a lady (forgot her name, but she is tall) with smiles and respect. I booked this hotel via hotwire.com - I was lucky enough to pick it out. The exterior looks old, but the interior is excellent, I guess it was recently renovated. The room is bright, comfortable bed, bed linens are fresh, bathroom is clean and bright, no smell whatsoever, free starbucks coffee, nice tv, central heat/air-con system - super quiet - cannot hear any noise at all, parking is expensive - $20 per night, Internet charge is $5 / night (unless you are SPG member) WHO in the world still charge internet services???? heated pool (full of kids playing, so we skipped), 2 blocks west of No.3 road, lots of shopping and restaurants with 5 to 10 minute walk. It was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If booked directly, the rate would be expensive. If you are lucky enough like me, booked it through...