Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsscottish themechinese restaurantvancouver airportfree breakfastan older hotelfree shuttleyogurtbit datedbeds were comfortableshuttle servicean early flightconvenient locationcostcoyvrskytraincruisedowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We needed both long-stay parking and a hotel near the Vancouver Airport. The Abercorn Inn provides both at what seems like a bargain price to me. The deals seem to be a bit better if the park-and-fly arrangement is booked with outside agencies rather than through the hotel (or Best Western) directly, but there isn't much in it.
The room we had at this hotel was typical for a Best Western -- i.e. quite comfortable but not excessive. Free wi-fi is included. The hotel feature I particularly appreciated was a free buffet breakfast which included hot items (scrambled egg, ham, hash browns and waffles) as well as cereals and the usual things.
The airport shuttle service is shared with a couple of other hotels and it didn't exactly run to schedule. Our pick up to travel to the airport was about 20 minutes late. Not really the fault of the Abercorn Inn, but I am glad we had given ourselves a generous safety margin in our schedule.
I am not giving sleep quality a high score in the ratings because of the in-room heating and air conditioning unit. Being woken up at 1:30am by the noise of this unit kicking in did not make me happy. Switching the unit off for the rest of the night solved that problem.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This hotel is a short 15 minutes to the airport and has an included breakfast buffet that has the usual cold buffet items plus waffles, sausages and scrambled eggs. Very affordable with comfortable beds and quiet air conditioning.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Everything about my stay here was pleasant. I do appreciate the atmosphere of the olde english country inn which adds something to the ambiance. All the staff I dealt with were professional and friendly. My room was clean with all the amenities including a fairly large fridge. I was pleasantly surprised to find the restaurant almost empty when I went for a late lunch around 2:00 pm. It was peaceful and relaxing to have the whole place to myself except for one other single gentleman. The food was excellent and the chef accommodated a couple of special requests with generosity and good humour. When I couldn't get the TV in my room to work, a maintenance person was most helpful and fixed the problem immediately. Ditto with the internet connection. The complementary breakfast was very generous with lots of choice. This is my first time at this hotel but I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed 2 nights in February for a workshop. The hotel was recently renovated and was very clean. Despite being in Richmond close to the airport and next to the highway, I still found it quiet enough to sleep. The only problem I had was with the heater, in that it sounded like a train was going through my room, but if I shut the heater itself off , then all was quiet.

For the continental breakfast buffet I found it to be good. Hot eggs, bacon and sausage, cold cereals to choose from, and yogurt too. More fresh fruit would have been nice but not sure I would have eaten it myself anyway.

The location was good - right across from Costco, and easy access to the airport. The free shuttle was very handy, make sure to find out when the next shuttle is due to head out or you could miss it...

definitely would stay here again when travelling and had an overnight stay before flying out the next day.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The Best Western Abercorn Inn is an affordable hotel and convenient for those who wish to park their vehicle at the hotel and fly out of Vancouver International Airport. The shuttle goes most hours of the day and night, and runs every half hour.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business