“Great pre-flight hotel”

Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Due to flight connections in Vancouver we found we needed to stay at a hotel near the airport on 2 occasions this month. We selected this hotel mainly due to the fact it had a shuttle to and from the airport and the good name of Best Western and we weren't disappointed. On both occasions we were very pleased with the friendliness of the reception staff and the rooms were clean and comfortable. We also ate downstairs on both occasions at Bobby Gee's pub. The food was good and it was served in a nice atmosphere.

The breakfast buffet, which is included, was substantial and good quality with a wide selection of hot and cold items to choose from.

It's convenient having the free shuttle to and from the airport. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there on our next trip in or out of Vancouver.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 March 2012

Very nice comfy beds, older hotel but very cozy. Park and fly to Vancouver Internationl Airport. Make sure you don't get the room by the elevator, that room can be a bit noisy due to constant use of the elevator. Really nice Breakfast menu, use can use your continental breakfast coupon or had a couple dollars more and have eggs bennie ( it is really good there) great coffee as well if you are a coffee drinker. They have a computer in the lobby and West Jet has a keyosk to get your boarding pass printed so easy pass thru at the Airport terminal. All in all a really great place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator, you can hear it in the room close to it.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We needed both long-stay parking and a hotel near the Vancouver Airport. The Abercorn Inn provides both at what seems like a bargain price to me. The deals seem to be a bit better if the park-and-fly arrangement is booked with outside agencies rather than through the hotel (or Best Western) directly, but there isn't much in it.
The room we had at this hotel was typical for a Best Western -- i.e. quite comfortable but not excessive. Free wi-fi is included. The hotel feature I particularly appreciated was a free buffet breakfast which included hot items (scrambled egg, ham, hash browns and waffles) as well as cereals and the usual things.
The airport shuttle service is shared with a couple of other hotels and it didn't exactly run to schedule. Our pick up to travel to the airport was about 20 minutes late. Not really the fault of the Abercorn Inn, but I am glad we had given ourselves a generous safety margin in our schedule.
I am not giving sleep quality a high score in the ratings because of the in-room heating and air conditioning unit. Being woken up at 1:30am by the noise of this unit kicking in did not make me happy. Switching the unit off for the rest of the night solved that problem.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This hotel is a short 15 minutes to the airport and has an included breakfast buffet that has the usual cold buffet items plus waffles, sausages and scrambled eggs. Very affordable with comfortable beds and quiet air conditioning.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Everything about my stay here was pleasant. I do appreciate the atmosphere of the olde english country inn which adds something to the ambiance. All the staff I dealt with were professional and friendly. My room was clean with all the amenities including a fairly large fridge. I was pleasantly surprised to find the restaurant almost empty when I went for a late lunch around 2:00 pm. It was peaceful and relaxing to have the whole place to myself except for one other single gentleman. The food was excellent and the chef accommodated a couple of special requests with generosity and good humour. When I couldn't get the TV in my room to work, a maintenance person was most helpful and fixed the problem immediately. Ditto with the internet connection. The complementary breakfast was very generous with lots of choice. This is my first time at this hotel but I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed 2 nights in February for a workshop. The hotel was recently renovated and was very clean. Despite being in Richmond close to the airport and next to the highway, I still found it quiet enough to sleep. The only problem I had was with the heater, in that it sounded like a train was going through my room, but if I shut the heater itself off , then all was quiet.

For the continental breakfast buffet I found it to be good. Hot eggs, bacon and sausage, cold cereals to choose from, and yogurt too. More fresh fruit would have been nice but not sure I would have eaten it myself anyway.

The location was good - right across from Costco, and easy access to the airport. The free shuttle was very handy, make sure to find out when the next shuttle is due to head out or you could miss it...

definitely would stay here again when travelling and had an overnight stay before flying out the next day.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The Best Western Abercorn Inn is an affordable hotel and convenient for those who wish to park their vehicle at the hotel and fly out of Vancouver International Airport. The shuttle goes most hours of the day and night, and runs every half hour.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business