“Stay away this hotel! I found 7 hairs inside of the bed!”

Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
“Stay away this hotel! I found 7 hairs inside of the bed!”
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

I checked in after 12:30 am .
After taking shower when I went to bed, I found 7 hairs inside of the bed! I am pretty sure they DID NOT change the sheet!!
Middle of the night I had to pack again because I had to move another room.
But the other room's air conditioner had strange old sound so I couldn't sleep well!!
When I checked in the receptionist keep told me after 12:00 pm( check out time) if I am late even one min, I have to pay double for late check out!!
Stay away this hotel! Unkind employees with dirty hotel!!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Veryangryclient
Best Western P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear veryangryclient,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a response. We do apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. Best Western stress on cleanliness as their number one priority and we are upset to learn we did not achieve that with you stay.

It is unfortunate to realize that the compensation we offered to you upon check out did not seem to meet your satisfaction. We would invite you to contact our General Manager, Meggy Ho so that we can resolve this and ensure your next experience is pleasant. Please contact her at 604-484-2565 or generalmanager@abercorn-inn.com

We look forward to hearing from you.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Abercorn Inn Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I was moving off Vancouver Island and picking up my daughter who was flying from the north to drive with me back up north to my new home. I was traveling with a cat. The hotel prices for pets was the cheapest in the area and the hotel was very accommodating. The room was very small and the bathroom had a line of rice on the counter top. I did not get a chance to ask why but thought it very strange.The room was adequately clean however they are going to get into the corners very soon. The staff were all very polite and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was delicious with something for every taste.They let me return and fill my travel mug. My sister, who was with us is gluten intolerant and the staff did their best to accommodate her needs in both the restaurant and breakfast. I would definitely stay here again if I had to stop overnight in Richmond.

Room Tip: Pets are in pet "rooms" and are on the first floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gina P
Dear Gina P,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have 9 room types so be sure to let us know next time if you need a more spacious rooms. The "pet" rooms are unfortunately only available on the ground floor. We can however assign you in a Queen room if available, which would be more spacious than a two double bedroom.

Thank you once again for your review and we hope to see again at the Abercorn Inn.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2013

This old English style hotel is close to the airport, bus line, and skytrain. The rooms are small with a king bed but very comfortable. The bathroom was recently done over with a nice walk in shower. The big screen flat TV had really great picture with lots of cable channels. The buffet breakfast is included. The rooms are less costly than other hotels in the area. The best thing about the hotel was the Highlander restaurant with really great food.

Dear rapidwrambler,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and our restaurant. Our new chef has just joined us, so be sure to come back and try out our new menu which should be launched in May!

Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed here on our way to Mexico. It was clean, well-appointed, comfortable and close to the airport. Free shuttle to and from the airport was ideal. They even picked us up at 4:00 am for an early morning flight out of Vancouver. Even though we were unable to take advantage of the free continental breakfast because of our early departure, they had coffee, muffins, pastries, and fruit in the hotel lobby for us while we waited for the shuttle bus. We were impressed. Would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thorn-in-my-shoe
Meggy H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Dear thorn-in-my-shoe,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We do try our best to take care of our early risers by providing a to-go breakfast. We are glad to hear that you took advantage of that and enjoyed it. Be sure to stay with us again next time you are in town.

Cobble Hill, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We booked on line from the US after realizing we would not make it to the ferry in time. The Aborncorn reponsed quickly to a few questions about dogs and gave us a convenient room on the ground floor. It was probably the best complimentary breakfast I have had. The 4 for room was because the bathroom was tiny.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank PREHSLER
Dear PREHSLER,

Thank you for giving us a 5/5! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do hav 9 different room types available in different sizes. Next time you are town, do let us know about your preferences and we be sure to find you a more spacious room.

Kelowna
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This hotel provides good value and a convenient location for an overnight before a flight from YVR or if you have business in the Richmond/Vancouver Airport area.
Has an English Tudor look; rooms have been updated and are very comfortable. The breakfast buffet is very good.

Dear Perseverance,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our services. Please do not hesitate to let us know what we can improve on. We look forward to getting your 5 star rating!

Thanks again.

Comox,British Columbia,Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2013

The hotel is basic and somewhat dated in the hallways restaurant etc.The rooms were clean and well kept.The bathrooms have been updated.Service overall lacked.IMO there are better choices in the Richmond area for your money.
I was in and out in a day so it wasnt too bad,I travelled on business and the person I travelled with wasnt comfortable here and found their room to be quite noisy thereby experiancing a poor sleep.

Dear islandrockin,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Providing superior customer service is our number one priority. We will certainly use your feedback to improve and ensure we deliver excellent service to our guests.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write us a review and we hope that you will consider us again next time you are in town.