“Hotel is OK but parking is not secure”

Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Gibsons, British Columbia, Canada
“Hotel is OK but parking is not secure”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel is clean and service is good , but last time I stayed after I parked my car in the gravel lot for long term parking ,I got out and noticed a lot of broken glass on the ground. So I went back to the desk and asked if cars get broken into a lot , yes was the answer I got. I was worried the whole time I was away. Pay the extra money and find a hotel with security

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Todd S
Best Western P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Dear ToddS,

Thank you for your review. Our long term parking package is indeed our highest selling package in the hotel. We tell all our guest prior to them making the reservation or upon check in that
we do not have a secure lot. Break ins do occur in the area and quite frankly, even if it was a secured and/or gated parking. Thus, we ask our guests to remove all valuables from their vehicle and ensure nothing visible is left in the car. We do find that break-in do happens to vehicles but only to owners who leave things in their car.

Nonetheless, thank you for your review and we sincerely hope to see you again at the Abercorn Inn in the near future.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Abercorn Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Crowsnest Pass, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I came late at night, and just stayed for a few hours before continuing my travels. It is a dated hotel back to the mid 70's, I think. The wooden floor in the hallways had some squeaks. The room itself was a good size, good large shower. I had to turn the heat up to 74 to take the chill off of the room - - - that was not appreciated.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CalgaryCowboyCalgary
Dear CalgaryCowboyCalgary,

Thank you for your review. Our hotel indeed has its own character and have been around for some time! The warm, charming Scottish style of the hotel is something that we do not see much in hotel nowadays. The shower you mentioned was something we built in during our last renovation in 2011. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

We will definitely take your feedback to housekeeping to remind them for warming up the room prior to guest check-in. Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

Been there for biz return trip, cozy place to stay, clean room and good service. The location is great and convenient, easy to catch early or late flight by free shuttle. Also easy to go to downtown by rapid-transit train. Definitely will be back!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Loca_triciaet,

Thank you for your review and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Yes, we are just about 10 minutes walk to the closest sky train station. Be sure to stay with us again for your next business trip!

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I was stay during the mid February and this hotel impressed me and my family a lot ! Nice, clean, great service, perfect wifi connection and free shuttle bus! Highly recommend ! Pretty enjoy the breakfast and cheap, great locations near Richmond Costco. The room rate is fair!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear fiestamono,

Thank you for staying with us again and leaving us another great review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Terrace, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Warm welcome, close enough to the airport for travelling but far enough away from traffic for a good night's sleep. The excellent meals and service at the Highlander Restaurant on the ground floor add to the comfort of the stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Merlincreations,

Thank you for your review and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will doing some changes to our menu and be sure to come back and try us again!

Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

I checked in after 12:30 am .
After taking shower when I went to bed, I found 7 hairs inside of the bed! I am pretty sure they DID NOT change the sheet!!
Middle of the night I had to pack again because I had to move another room.
But the other room's air conditioner had strange old sound so I couldn't sleep well!!
When I checked in the receptionist keep told me after 12:00 pm( check out time) if I am late even one min, I have to pay double for late check out!!
Stay away this hotel! Unkind employees with dirty hotel!!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Veryangryclient
Best Western P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear veryangryclient,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a response. We do apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. Best Western stress on cleanliness as their number one priority and we are upset to learn we did not achieve that with you stay.

It is unfortunate to realize that the compensation we offered to you upon check out did not seem to meet your satisfaction. We would invite you to contact our General Manager, Meggy Ho so that we can resolve this and ensure your next experience is pleasant. Please contact her at 604-484-2565 or generalmanager@abercorn-inn.com

We look forward to hearing from you.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Abercorn Inn Team

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I was moving off Vancouver Island and picking up my daughter who was flying from the north to drive with me back up north to my new home. I was traveling with a cat. The hotel prices for pets was the cheapest in the area and the hotel was very accommodating. The room was very small and the bathroom had a line of rice on the counter top. I did not get a chance to ask why but thought it very strange.The room was adequately clean however they are going to get into the corners very soon. The staff were all very polite and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was delicious with something for every taste.They let me return and fill my travel mug. My sister, who was with us is gluten intolerant and the staff did their best to accommodate her needs in both the restaurant and breakfast. I would definitely stay here again if I had to stop overnight in Richmond.

Room Tip: Pets are in pet "rooms" and are on the first floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gina P
Dear Gina P,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have 9 room types so be sure to let us know next time if you need a more spacious rooms. The "pet" rooms are unfortunately only available on the ground floor. We can however assign you in a Queen room if available, which would be more spacious than a two double bedroom.

Thank you once again for your review and we hope to see again at the Abercorn Inn.