Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsscottish themechinese restaurantvancouver airportfree breakfastan older hotelfree shuttleyogurtbit datedbeds were comfortableshuttle servicean early flightconvenient locationcostcoyvrskytraincruisedowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed here with some family members last month, just for one night.

The rooms are nice. The bed is comfortable. But the most memorable thing about this hotel is how rude every single person working there was! (Except the waitress we had in the restaurant--she was pleasant).

I called them asking where to catch their shuttle service from the airport. The front desk person told me " you go outside and catch the shuttle there". I asked "does it stop at a particular terminal or floor?", which was a silly question, in hindsight, but she because so rude and condescending, telling me step by step how to walk off a plane and walk out of a building and along the sidewalk looking for a sign. I just wanted to get an idea of where the shuttle would stop! I don't think that was an unreasonably stupid question.

At the hotel, a different front desk person was jolly enough, but was kind of rude to my aunt (who is an elderly lady who is sometimes a bit foggy and unaware) when she was wondering where on the page to sign. I get that it might be a tiresome job always having to talk to people, but it is their job, so I think his rudeness to an elderly woman was uncalled for.

Next time I need an airport hotel, I would rather go to a different hotel where people are friendlier, or at the very least, aloof and not bent on being rude and condescending.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Best Western P, Manager at Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear VinnyFredo,

Reviewed 3 January 2014

needed to stay one night after flying in - very convenient to airport, free parking and breakfast was good. the room was large enough for my family (5 of us in a room with 2 queen beds). we got vouchers for breakfast which were good for a choice of 3 hot breakfasts, or could apply the value towards a larger/fancier breakfast. Service a little slow, but it was very busy. Food was pretty good.

Dear bethtex,

Thank you for choosing your stay with Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn. We are glad that we were able to meet your accommodation needs. We do hope you return and look forward to the possibility of hosting you again!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Bed was awesome! Best I've had a in long time. I was super hungry and found out that there was only deep fried appies to be had ( this was around 2200 hours ). Not pleased. Other than that, the staff was good & the room was clean.

Dear deepseadinko,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are glad that we were able to meet your accommodation needs. As restaurant is a leased property we will share your feedback with the restaurant manager to improve their service. Thank you again to stay with Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn. We wish to see you soon!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Midscale hotel close to Vancouver airport with shuttles on the half hour. Much better than average breakfast was included - choice of 3 hot entrees or $8 toward anything on the menu. Menu prices were very reasonable. Typical room and amenities, bed was comfortable, pillows not so much.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best Western P, Manager at Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Randall K,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and your positive recommendation! We were very happy to see the appreciation you had for our breakfast service. We hope to see you again soon! Wish you a Happy New Year!

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We have stayed here before and find it convenient to the airport and the sky train. You get free parking and the breakfast is nice. The room is comfortable and quiet for being so close to the airport. The staff are helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Best Western P, Manager at Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Dawn I,

Thank you very much for giving us a five star! We were very happy to see the appreciation you had for the service. We looking forward to provide you with another superior experience!