“choose BW”

Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Of the many places we stay in the lower mainland the Abercorn is without the ultimate stay when traveling by air . Great location very caring staff shuttle to and from airport great bank for your buck . Highly suggest choosing Abercorn for your stay in Richmond or when arriving by air .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best Western P, Manager at Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Hello lonniej1957cruz,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and your positive recommendation! We were very happy to see the appreciation you had for our service in general. We looking forward to see you again!

Best Regards,
Linda Zhang
Best Western PLUS Abercorn Inn

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Since I was at a conference nearby, I decided to stay at the Best Western instead. Boy, was that a mistake. I am usually quite pleased with the chain and its middle-of-the-road value/quality.This time, however, we checked out early and found a better place to stay.

The staff, with the exception of the restaurant staff who was wonderful, were unfriendly. They barely made eye contact, much less engage in meaningful conversation, especially the woman who checked us in. We seemed more like an inconvenience.

The location, while near the airport, offers little else to recommend it. It feels like it's in the middle of an industrial area.The fake Bavarian style makes it all the more ridiculous. There is nothing of note in the area unless one drives, so one is stuck staring at the Costco across the street.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Best Western P, Manager at Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This hotel is old, old, old. The room that we stayed in was extremely small. We were bumping into each other when we moved around in the room. No microwave in the room. The hotel should NOT be rated a PLUS. WE try to stay at Best Western PLUS when we travel. This hotel was a real disappointment for a PLUS. It was extremely overpriced for what we received. I definitely would NOT stay at this hotel nor would I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Al K

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Easy to get to from the airport - shuttle comes every 1/2 hour. It is quiet. On our trip out - we stayed in an older room not bad - on our return in a newer room. Could only have the breakfast on the return - was adequate but bland.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This hotel is being renovated, which is great, but in the meantime they should offer more agreeable prices for their accommodation. When I booked this hotel and paid the price I paid I was under the impression that everything at this hotel would be in order. Upon arriving we tried to use the cash machine which was out of service. We went to our room and passed a construction area. The room was in rough shape and the hair dryer didn't work. The walls are thin so we were kept up even with earplugs in. The following morning we had breakfast because we had vouchers for a breakfast up to $7. The eggs and sausage were cold and we were told by the server that the kitchen makes the scrambled eggs in advance, as well as the bacon and sausage. When checking out I told reception that I didn't feel that what we paid was anything close to what was fair considering the events of our stay. The reception said that because I booked it through a travel search engine that there was no way he could modify the price. For a little more we could have stayed at a much nicer place, and would have if we only knew.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 February 2014

First of all, I had arranged online and on the phone for a 14-day Sleep and Fly package. When I arrived at the hotel, the staff was not going to honor this,saying they would only give me 7 days free parking, and that I would have to pay another $70.00 for the second week. I then had to argue and produce my written confirmation print-out before they backtracked. Then, my wife and I were given a substandard room, one that looked like it had been a storage room beforehand. It was right behind the elevator, so the elevator was right beside the bed, not just beside the room! Also, to get to the bathroom, we had to navigate down three stairs; weird configuration! Not much sleep, if any, before we had to get up for an early flight out of Vancouver. I would not want to go through that again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed at this Hotel prior to flying on vacation. The staff are very good. The breakfast was excellent and again the staff were great. The Hotel was under renovation which was needed and should make this an excellent choice as a place to stay

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple