“Very nice stay.”

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Surrey, B.C.
“Very nice stay.”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We had occasion to stay at this hotel overnight because of an early morning flight.
Hotel was very clean and the reception was courteous. Bed was comfortable. We had dinner at the restaurant and the food was very good. Our only complaint was the occupants of the rooms next to ours where the inconsiderate people kept up the noise until 2am on one side of us and the other side of us a little dog was barking (although that stopped at a reasonable time). This was very annoying but I know I should have asked the desk clerk to put a stop to it. My fault. Other than that it was a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Best Western P, Manager at Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear JudySurrey_B_C_,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and your positive recommendation! We were very happy to see the appreciation you had for our service in general. Next time please definitely let front desk agents know, we can always coordinate noise situation for you to make sure every guest has a quality sleeping. We looking forward to provide you with another superior experience!

Best Western PLUS Abercorn Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Port Moody, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and myself checked in on Friday Feb 28 2014.We found the clerk very rude and not helpful.When asked where we parked our car for the duration of our trip she just grunted and said in the back,no directions of any kind,when I asked her opinion of what would be a good time for shuttle pickup for our flight time,she just glared at me as if to say you figure it out.We in the future will never stay at your hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Deborah J
Best Western P, Manager at Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Deborah J,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I would also want to share your comment with our front-line members as a training purpose. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Best Western PLUS Abercorn Inn

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We boked into Best Western Abercorn Inn in Richmond BC Canada for the purpose of getting to the airport next day real early (we live in Chilliwach, 130 Km away from airport , our flight was leaving next day at 9:25 am, didn't want to risk missing the flight if travelling from home all the way, so we travelled the day before). Plus, the hotel offers a long term parking for a small fee if you park your car on hotel premises if you spend a night in the hotel (hotel shuttle takes you then to and from the airport every 1/2 hour).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Best Western P, Manager at Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hello Helmut_Sardis2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and your positive recommendation! We were very happy to see the appreciation you had for our service in general. We looking forward to provide you with another superior experience!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here on a layover. Nice hotel and good value for dollar. Beds are great! Good location by YVR. No issues and would stay here again. Includes breakfast. Found the best rate on the hotel web site.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dana S,

Thank you for choosing your stay with Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn. We are glad that we were able to meet your accommodation needs. We do hope you return and look forward to the possibility of hosting you again!

Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I have been visiting the Abercorn Inn, annually since 1990 at the suggesting of friends who enjoyed the hospitality. Over the years it has had different management, however I have always found the staff to be super friendly and helpful. I would like to mention Steve and Nancy at the front desk and a newcomer: Lewis in the restaurant. These are the people that represent management and indeed represent the hotel so well. I note that there have been a few negative reviews recently. I think this must have been during the 'transition' period with new management. Let me encourage the readers of my review to experience the Abercorn. Although I only visit twice during the year I would not stay anywhere else in Richmond. The hotel has returned to the original breakfast concept of waiter service in the restaurant I feel this is the way forward. Previously breakfast was a buffet service in the bar area. I must admit, I did not think it did justice to so a fine hotel. I have stayed in many different rooms over the years. During my recent stay I enjoyed room #312. This is a huge room with a walk-in shower. The room is big enough to practice your.break-dancing and cartwheel routines, if you feel energetic! Deborah and the staff in the restaurant will give the customer excellent service during a memorable dinner. If you want a hotel near the airport, reasonable prices with efficient and attentive service then the Abercorn is the place.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Hello Elgar,

Thank you very much for giving us a five star! We were very happy to see the appreciation you had for the service in general. We looking forward to provide you with another superior experience!

Kitimat, Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Of the many places we stay in the lower mainland the Abercorn is without the ultimate stay when traveling by air . Great location very caring staff shuttle to and from airport great bank for your buck . Highly suggest choosing Abercorn for your stay in Richmond or when arriving by air .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Hello lonniej1957cruz,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and your positive recommendation! We were very happy to see the appreciation you had for our service in general. We looking forward to see you again!

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Since I was at a conference nearby, I decided to stay at the Best Western instead. Boy, was that a mistake. I am usually quite pleased with the chain and its middle-of-the-road value/quality.This time, however, we checked out early and found a better place to stay.

The staff, with the exception of the restaurant staff who was wonderful, were unfriendly. They barely made eye contact, much less engage in meaningful conversation, especially the woman who checked us in. We seemed more like an inconvenience.

The location, while near the airport, offers little else to recommend it. It feels like it's in the middle of an industrial area.The fake Bavarian style makes it all the more ridiculous. There is nothing of note in the area unless one drives, so one is stuck staring at the Costco across the street.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Best Western P, Manager at Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.