“Great place to stay if you have an early flight”

Fairmont Vancouver Airport
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
USA
“Great place to stay if you have an early flight”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Actually, booked a last minute room at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport. It began snowing the night before our flight. The only way we could guarantee that we would be parked and at the terminal on time was to stay at a hotel in the airport.

Getting an booking was easy. We checked into the hotel after 1:00 a.m. The entrance to the hotel is lovely and the staff was quite accommodating. The room was large but could perhaps do with a little refurbishing. The best part of the hotel (besides for the location) is how quiet it is considering the fact that you are staying right in the middle of the airport.

We had a nice breakfast at the hotel prior to going to our gate. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who has the slightest doubt that they will make their flight in the morning. With the construction and traffic difficulties surrounding Vancouver, it is worth the time and money to have a good night's rest before your flight.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
FairmontYVR, Director of Sales at Fairmont Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our location in addition to our breakfast offerings. Thank you for your feedback regarding our rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed in one double room which was large and had wonderfully comfortable beds. When we had to stay another night due to flight delays no one complained and we enjoyed a good meal in the hotel restaurant. Highly recommended and looking forward to staying again on our outward journey this weekend.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I arrived at Vancouver airport after a day of hell. Fog cancelling flights from Vancouver island and needing to get to San Francisco. After driving and ferrying all day I arrived at Vancouver airport at 1am and walked through the terminal to the Fairmont deciding it was worth spending the money to lie in a bed and I was right. This hotel is AMAZING! Admittedly, they only had the 'flash' (gold) rooms left but the money was well worth it. Access to a 'living room' style rest area, someone to greet you each time you entered and left. Maps and advice on where to go and what to see on a very short stay. Even after trying to get on flights the following day, I was able to come and go to my room which gave me a wonderful rest spot after a harrowing day. I also loved sitting and watching the planes come and go while I was waiting around. I totally recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, upgrade!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
FairmontYVR, Director of Sales at Fairmont Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We understand that people end up with us due to unfortunate unforseen circumstances so we are just happy when we can turn a negative experience into a positive one. I have shared your kind words with our team on Fairmont Gold. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hopefully it is under more positive circumstances!
Sydney
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed here for one night in July 2013. It was perfect for what we wanted - a spacious room for a family of four located within the airport complex. The staff were great (and helpful), the rooms were large and well appointed. We ate in the restaurant because the children were underage and could not sit in the bar, but the staff let us choose items off both the bar and the restaurant menu. We loved viewing the planes from the room and it was unbelievably quiet. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Highworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed at this airport hotel for 1 night during December after flying in from the UK. The hotel is ideally located within the airport complex, a short walk from arrivals. The hotel is fairly modern with friendly and accommodating staff. The rooms are spacious, well appointed and have great views of the airport terminals. There is also a nice bar and restaurant on site. The only downside was the fairly long walk to pick up the hire car, but this was not the hotel's fault. Would highly recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Moncton
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This is easily the best airport hotel I've ever stayed in. Very conveniently located right in the terminal. It features a great gym and spa, as well as an exercise pool. The restaurant is fantastic. I loved everything I ate, and it far exceeds any "airport food" I've had in the past. My room was very spacious, very clean, and had a deep soaker tub, which is exactly what I needed after a 13 hour flight. The hotel is totally soundproof. I didn't feel like I was in an airport hotel at all, rather a high end resort!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Fairmont Vancouver Airport. We are so pleaed to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our Health Club and Pool. I have passed your kind words about your Globe@YVR dining experience along to our food and beverage staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Whenever I travel early in the morning from Vancouver airport, I always look forward to the breakfast at the Fairmont. A nice buffet or you can just place your special order. I always prefer to seat by the window so I can see the Tarmac and the flights. Not a bad place to kill time before you board your flight. Caution don't forget time flies so be careful not to miss your flight. So this time too I left to board one hour before my plane leaves for Toronto.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Bridgeport
Downtown
Fairmont Pacific Rim
Fairmont Pacific Rim
#2 of 90 in Vancouver

Been to Fairmont Vancouver Airport? Share your experiences!