I stayed here for one night during my transit to south america.
room is tidy and clean. I expected some noise from the plane, but there is none.
Staff is helpful, friendly. Even the restaurant waiters are professional in serving a simple dish.
Gym is very advance in their equipment, all machines having screen are connected to internet, tv, tv games, etc. The phone inside the room is very advanced too, it has all the functions, which you could possibly ask for help
Room rate is not cheap. Room service is subjected to 16% service charges and extra CAD$5. The service time is late and very earily (0500). And you can order their light breakfast take-away too. So you don't need to worry that you do not have a good breakfast before your earily flight. Food quality is good.
You come out of the departure gate, turn left, you will reach it by less than 5 mins walk. Canadian customs always take time, and the airport is really big, even the hotel is so close, you should check out at least 1.5 hrs before the departure. Especially when your connect flight is a local city, and the destination is in another country, I would recommend 2 hrs. For big family, I would recommend 2.5 hrs.
For budget travellers, it might not be suitauble. Since I have a total flight time of over 31 hrs, I need a good comfortable stay-over in between, this price worths for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel is the only soundproofed, luxury hotel and spa conveniently located within Vancouver's International Airport (YVR). Situated directly above the US departures terminal only a two-minute stroll from the luggage carousels. Sleep in luxury right above your gate and avoid shuttles. This AAA / CAA 4-diamond airport hotel features:- an extensive Health Club and Spa- soundproofed guestrooms- breathtaking floor-to-ceiling views- day use roomsThe Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel's award-winning, signature restaurant, GlobeYVR Restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.Wireless Internet Access is available in all of our guest rooms and is complimentary for Fairmont President's Club members, free to join. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotelopia so you can book your Fairmont Vancouver Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel Richmond
- Fairmont Hotel Richmond
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver Airport
- Fairmont Richmond
- The Fairmont Vancouver Airport
- Vancouver Airport Fairmont Hotel
- Richmond Fairmont