I booked a transit night on the way to Asia. I work for a US government agency and when booking the online government rate, it made no specification as to which government the rate applied.
Upon checking in with colleagues, one of the receptionists asked for my government ID, which I produced in short order. She then said that since this was a US government ID she could not honor the rate. She explained the rate was for Canadian or Provincial government employees only. I told her that was not what the website indicated and that as a good faith measure, Fairmont should honor the rate, especially as the location serves as a gateway from North America to Asia so other government employees might try to book the rate. She refused and quoted me a rate about CAD 100 higher than the government rate. I asked for the manager and was told the manager was unavailable, but that I could have the manager's e-mail.
I checked later on the internet and was able to reproduce my booking with an unspecified government rate - no nationality or provincial requirements were noted in the booking engine. I addressed this in an e-mail to the manager. I never received a response from the Fairmont Vancouver Airport manager, which to me is stunning for an organization of such caliber as Fairmont. Needless to say I am booking away from Fairmont properties due to the vagueness of their policies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel is the only soundproofed, luxury hotel and spa conveniently located within Vancouver's International Airport (YVR). Situated directly above the US departures terminal only a two-minute stroll from the luggage carousels. Sleep in luxury right above your gate and avoid shuttles. This AAA / CAA 4-diamond airport hotel features:- an extensive Health Club and Spa- soundproofed guestrooms- breathtaking floor-to-ceiling views- day use roomsThe Fairmont Vancouver Airport hotel's award-winning, signature restaurant, GlobeYVR Restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.Wireless Internet Access is available in all of our guest rooms and is complimentary for Fairmont President's Club members, free to join. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Vancouver Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel Richmond
- Fairmont Hotel Richmond
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver Airport
- Fairmont Richmond
- The Fairmont Vancouver Airport
- Vancouver Airport Fairmont Hotel
- Richmond Fairmont