“Saved my sanity”

Fairmont Vancouver Airport
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 August 2010

At the end of twenty hours worth of travelling from Manzanillo Mexico, to Victoria, I had an eight hour lay over in Vancouver. I was exhausted and just need a place to crash. The guy at the front desk Javi, pretty much saved my sanity. He gave me a discount for being military, and I felt like he went out of his way to make sure I had a great stay. The room itself was probably the biggest room l I have ever satyed in. Two huge queen beds very comfortable, a large bathroom with a luxury tub and shower. I really enjoyed the tub. There was also a scope for viewing the mountains in the room that I appreciated, and a nice flatscreen T;V. My only complaint was that the room was a little dusty and it took awhile for the hot water to warm up. Overall awesome stay and I appreciated the service especially from the front desk.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
FairmontYVR, Manager at Fairmont Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2010

Thank you for your posting. We were pleased to learn that you had a comfortable and memorable stay, and your kind comments about Ravi are most appreciated. Please be assured that your comments regarding your room have been shared with our Executive Housekeeper for follow up. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Fairmont Vancouver Airport.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,221)

Reviewed 9 August 2010

I stayed twice in the hotel. First stay was on July 4. Encountered the back rest of the bed full of dust !! On check out I received a luke warm apology and was promised an upgrade on my next stay. Leaving Vanouver I had to stay again in the hotel. I send them a mail one day before arriving, asking for a clean room. We arrived and everything looked great. The next morning my wife was looking for an earring and.......suprise.....under the bed was a great filthy spot of 10 inch diameter. Nobody cleaned under the bed for weeks. By the way, I am presidents club member. If you like a clean room...better look for a different place.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank PuraVidaCR1
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I stayed there off season and was offered an upgrade, given a room fit for an empress or gazilionairre. I had chosen to stay there because I had an early morning flight out and thought it would be convenient. It was very convenient, but luxurious beyond my dreams. I have not had the good fortune to return to Vancouver, but Fairmont has earned my business for life, and I will always be greatful to the person who gave me the upgrade.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank HemFan
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I was on business and was so impressed by the hotel that I am trying to figure out a reason to go back. I live locally so there is really no reason to stay in a local hotel except for business. I might book back in before a flight out just to experience it again! Great view. Awesome room. Decor fantastic. Food out of this world. Great meeting facilities. Can't beat the location for the airport. The only thing that did not impress me was the confusion about the valet parking. I sat in my car at the entrance to the Valet parking not knowing that I was in the wrong spot. The valet attendant knew I was there and didn't come over to see what he could do to help me. The hotel needs to make it more obvious where you want the cars to stop.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Canadoc
Reviewed 8 July 2010

The room was nice - especially the large bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. The bar has huge picture windows and comfy chairs. The soundproofing really worked - we couldn't hear any planes. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was lovely,.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank divefan
Reviewed 30 June 2010

We have consistently had wonderful stays at the Fairmont YVR over the years and up until 2008 , many of the stays were on the Entree Gold floor. Our last stay was...nice. Tiny, completely forgiveable missteps (e.g. charged for honor bar use post stay billiing; to this day we honestly do not know where the honor bar is in an E.G. room; we have access to the Gold Floor lounge so why would we? Charges were quickly reversed). Because our stays had always been wonderful and our relationships with the team were first name, we felt the love wane enough to not visit YVR or the city for the last two years (Fairmont YVR used to be a regular destination hotel; spa weekend stay destination). In June, we chose to try the Fairmont YVR again (as part of our anniversary trip to the coast). To be on point, the new team on the Entree Gold floor are simply wonderful! We couldn't have been made more welcome in our room (a "Welcome Back" note from the manager accompanied by assorted treats). We LOVED it and can't wait to go back. The new bath salts are a nice touch as well!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Notam
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We decided to stay at this airport hotel as we had a long flight from UK and did not want to drive some distance. The Fairmont Hotel is on the terminal but some walk. The room was spacious and well appointed. It was quiet even though it overlooked the flight path. Well worth staying here to recoup from the flight. The breakfast looked expensive so we walked to the terminal and had as excellent cooked breakfast for a reasonable cost.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple