“Terrible”

Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I booked two rooms for two nights in this hotel.It was horrible and worst nightmare to stay in this hotel.On our second day of stay, when we came back from our business, rooms were not cleaned, no fresh towels,bed sheets were not changed and no bath room supplies. I contacted front desk and they refused to solve the problem as house keeping people are gone.

Talked to the manager of front desk ( Cindy ) in the morning and wanted to have an explanation of this torture and punishment and they have no explanation except to blame us for everything.This is extremely sad and disappointing experience of staying in this hotel and I'm seriously thinking of pressing them for discrimination as we were obvious minority. I even left the massage for General Manager and no one ever bother to reply back either.

Room Tip: If anyone have same kind of experience ,please contact me @ 780-709-6666.I'm taking this discrim...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mujeeb R
Feroz K, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

I am very sorry to hear that you did not like our services. I would like to apologize to you for the services that you received from my staff. You had booked two rooms for one night stay and the next day you extended your stay for another night. The guest services agent extended your stay for another night and asked you that if you need your room serviced. You said no. So the guest services agent made a note to the housekeeping about your room needs no service. When you returned in the evening, you wanted room serviced; we had no housekeepers working at that time of the evening. We only provided you with extra towels. And at that time you seemed to be happy. On the next morning upon check out, you were very unhappy informing us that the rooms were not serviced. Knowingly, you didn’t ask for room service. Again, there was a miscommunication between the front desk and yourself which again, I do apologize for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Booked on TravelPony,com short notice and got a great deal. Big room, clean, quiet(it was midweek) with in-room coffee and a 10 minute shuttle ride to the airport in the morning. Everything I needed..

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor and avoid a room near the elevators if possible.
1  Thank Connie J
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We have had a terrible experience at this Travelodge. The rooms are dated and poorly lit. The front desk urged us to take a later shuttle which made us miss our flight (a costly mistake for us). Finally, on our return, we had to wait over an hour for a shuttle. I urge others not to book at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Joel W
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I booked a non-smoking room for 1 night. Room was very clean, extra towels, nice view from the 11th floor, suitable for business stay. Nice decor, working TV, good wifi connection.
I can't complain because I was greeted professionally. I got my wake-up call on time and a free shuttle to the airport (10 man away).
Very courteous, polite and professional staff. Quiet. Big parking. Bus station almost across the street that takes you to the sky train which is 1 mile away. Vancouver city is just few stops away.
There is a restaurant on premises but no breakfast is served which is ok because there is a Tim Hortons at few feet away.
So why pay more in the city when you can get all this for less?

Room Tip: Top floors
1  Thank emb274
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel the night before departing on a trip. The hotel room smelled musty and of old cigarettes. It was only somewhat clean, the towels were very thin and only one elevator was working. There seemed to be some confusion with check in and this process took much too long, even though there did seem to be sufficient staff on hand with one staff member just hovering and not assisting.

1  Thank magab
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This place was great, yes its an older hotel but they have kept it up. We loved the whole place, room was good size, the bathroom was clean, and the refrigerator worked very nice. The people that worked there are nice and helpful.
The only cons I have are that the beds are very hard, my back along with my wife and oldest daughter hurt the next day. My back hurt for two days straight. The other con is that they only have two elevators, unfortunately they only had one working one the whole time we were there.
Other than those two things its a great hotel and my youngest daughter and I like airplanes and you get to see many of them landing from our room.

Room Tip: A higher room gets you away from the highway noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel if you're in a budget. It was a little older looking, but it seemed like it was kept up well. Decent customer service, and room too. The bed was nice and bathroom was clean. Parking was easily accessible too. All in all, good rate for what it is.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple