We arrived courtesy Air Canada just after 10:00 pm on a Sunday night at the start of BC Spring Break when airlines were frenzied. The restaurant closes at 10:00 pm and unfortunately, despite the desk clerk asking whether they would stay open, the restaurant manager decided to close it even though there were several travelers sent to the hotel for the night because they had missed their flights.
We went to an excellent restaurant at the Sandman hotel next door, which is open later.
The room was clean and comfortable. It had an electric heater with fan built into the window wall, like you get in an apartment - it was OK and not too noisy. We slept very well.
I swam in the pool, which was spotlessly clean - after I got in the maintenance man came with towels. He was testing the chlorine and going to add chemicals at the pool equipment, not directly into the pool. He knows how to take care of a pool.
The breakfast was good value and standard fare - pancakes, omelettes, served for a late breakfast.
The shuttle only goes every half hour to and from the airport - it is free. We just missed one getting there so had to wait. There should be a big sign near where you wait at the airport with the shuttle timetable, as there is in the hotel. Going from the airport to the hotel, the shuttle went round the town of Richmond, coming back was much quicker. The shuttle driver was very helpful with baggage.
For an unscheduled stay the hotel was fine and we had a good rest. It's not fancy, but adequate.
We were desperate for Internet access when we arrived to reschedule our flights - so the desk clerk gave us the code for the WiFi that normally costs $5. There is a computer in the lobby with free wired Internet access that anyone can use - but only one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose from a wide selection of room types, featuring spectacular city views or glorious mountain views. Complimentary high speed internet is available in all rooms to accompany our spacious work desks. Rooms also offer mini-fridges and microwaves for your convenience. Our onsite Pantry restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner or relax after a long day in Alexander's Lounge. Enjoy our indoor pool and hot tub or try out our new fitness centre. Meeting space available for 10 to 50 people. Whether you are here for business or leisure we are conveniently located to all major attractions and shopping and we look forward to hosting you at our world class hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Ctrip TA so you can book your Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Vancouver Airport
- Travelodge Hotel Richmond
- Travel Lodge Richmond
- Travelodge Richmond
- Richmond Travelodge
- Richmond Travel Lodge