Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport
US$223
US$201
US$321
US$264
Days Inn - Vancouver Airport(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$196
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$238
US$229
Quality Hotel Airport South(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$257
All reviewsfree parkingdowntown vancouverskytraincostcobc
Reviewed 30 July 2009

I just stayed at the Travelodge and felt compelled to write a review. I booked the room for myself and my two kids for two reasons, to escape this horrible heat wave Vancouver is experiencing, and enjoy the hotel pool, and to have somewhere close to sleep after the celebration of light fireworks. As we first entered our room, on the 8th floor, I noticed the window was extremely dirty and appeared to have some sort of slimy goo running down it, as it got worse as the night went on, we couldnt even see out it. The air conditioning had not been on either, so the room was VERY hot. We went down to the pool next and the water was ridiculously cold. Even though it was a sweltering 95 degrees out, the pool was painful, like jumping into glacial water. We could only handle it for about 30mins and when we returned to our room, we all had blue lips, seriously! I also didnt like the fact that the only ice and vending machines in the hotel are on the main floor, somewhat of a pain in the rear when your on the 8th floor. The shower curtain in our bathroom was ripped in several places and didnt even extend the length of the shower rod, so the floor got soaked. I could see that, obviuosly, the curtains had been this way for some time as the floor at the base of the tub was covered in black mold. The shower pressure went from strong to weak throughout my shower and at several times, the water pressure was so weak, I would have been able to do a better job rinsing myself with a water bottle. The fridge in our room didnt work at all, either. I had bought my kids juice, milk and yogurts to have when they woke up and I had to throw out the dairy as it was completely warm. The only positive about our stay was that it was much closer for us to drive back to richmond after the fireworks, then to where we live. We still had a fun time and luckily, I got a super, smokin deal on this room, otherwise, I'd be a little more upset if I had paid full price. If you need somewhere just to crash, close to the airport, this Travelodge will suffice, otherwise, dont waste your money. i would not stay here again, or mabey not even at any Travelodge for that matter.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Wine O
Reviewed 28 July 2009

This hotel suited our needs exactly. We got what we paid for and were very pleased to be there. We were 3.44 miles from the airport. They offer a free shuttle to and from the airport. We were going on a cruise so we stayed here before going on the cruise. The rooms were clean and what we needed for sleeping. We had the Sunday morning buffet brunch at the restaurant. That was fantastic a great price.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2009

We needed to stay at a hotel near the Vancouver Airport for an overnight before an early morning flight for one of our family members. We specifically booked this hotel because it has an indoor pool and hot tub, at least that is what it says. The hotel was not clean, our room was okay, but the beds were horrible, very soft mattresses. When we went to use the hotel pool the water was very cold, not heated. What's the point of having an indoor pool in March if it isn't heated. And to top it all off the hot tub/spa was lukewarm and wasn't even hot. We stayed in it for an hour, continually resetting the timer and hoping the water would eventually get hot, but it didn't. What a rip off since I had called the day before and asked if the pool and hot tub were in working order! Think I might write this Travel Lodge and ask for my money back. Never, ever again will I stay there. What a disappointment!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2009

We arrived courtesy Air Canada just after 10:00 pm on a Sunday night at the start of BC Spring Break when airlines were frenzied. The restaurant closes at 10:00 pm and unfortunately, despite the desk clerk asking whether they would stay open, the restaurant manager decided to close it even though there were several travelers sent to the hotel for the night because they had missed their flights.
We went to an excellent restaurant at the Sandman hotel next door, which is open later.
The room was clean and comfortable. It had an electric heater with fan built into the window wall, like you get in an apartment - it was OK and not too noisy. We slept very well.
I swam in the pool, which was spotlessly clean - after I got in the maintenance man came with towels. He was testing the chlorine and going to add chemicals at the pool equipment, not directly into the pool. He knows how to take care of a pool.
The breakfast was good value and standard fare - pancakes, omelettes, served for a late breakfast.
The shuttle only goes every half hour to and from the airport - it is free. We just missed one getting there so had to wait. There should be a big sign near where you wait at the airport with the shuttle timetable, as there is in the hotel. Going from the airport to the hotel, the shuttle went round the town of Richmond, coming back was much quicker. The shuttle driver was very helpful with baggage.
For an unscheduled stay the hotel was fine and we had a good rest. It's not fancy, but adequate.
We were desperate for Internet access when we arrived to reschedule our flights - so the desk clerk gave us the code for the WiFi that normally costs $5. There is a computer in the lobby with free wired Internet access that anyone can use - but only one.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amhey
Reviewed 8 February 2009

This hotel gives hotels in canada a bad name, we reserved rooms for 2 nights in jan and paid extra for shuttle service and parking, we were going to cancun for two weeks and had arranged to be shuttled from airport and we staying there again on our return. First two nights: we reserved by phone ahead of time. we were quoted a price, when we arrived at the hotle they would not honor the prices quoted, but were were tired so just stayed, was a hassel to get a play pen for the baby, and when we got it it was so dirty we had to scrub it down, beds were hard but oh well. When we asked for extra blanket they rolled their eyes and it was a reall inconvience to them.. but we were excited to go on vacation and thought we would not worry ABOUT IT. Coming home two weeks later at midmight, we felt tired but happy we had arranged for pick up by the hotel, We called the hotle to make sure we were getting picked up, we were told wait out side at the front, so we did for 30 mins. ( in the pouring rain), my husband and my self, two daughters and a small baby, shuttle shows up it is only a small van, we struggle with the baby and all our bag to get in the van, the driver let in people ahead of us that were going to a different hotel, we to him we were going to the travel lodge, he said oh well, first come first serve, he was full too bad for us. We asked if he was coming back for us he said no, too bad for you. I am done for the night..... we quickly called the hotel to say we need a ride, that there was not room for us.... the hotel said to bad, we should have been on time, we ex[lained we we the ones who called him and and we were there 30 mins early, that we had a small baby and he said it's not his problem and hung up. we had to take a limo cause taxis didn't have enough space for 5 and luggage. When we got to the hotel ( which is where we left our truck) we told the clerk that we were left at the air port enven though we had paid them. He actually laughed at us and smirked, said not his problem, too bad for us we should have tried to be on time...... this guys was so smug and rude, at this point we said fine just give us our money back, we don't want to stay here, he refused, said nope you have to cancel 24 hrs in advance, we asked to talk to a manager.. he refused.... and laughed at us smurking... we said all we want is our money back, he said no, called the police told the police we were violent and would not leave the hotel.... such a liar, we left, they charge us and we stayed in a really friendly hotel down the hiway... please stay away

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family