“Vancouver Trip”

Accent Inn Vancouver Airport
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 13 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
dmgr2, Manager at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The staff at Accent Inn goes out of its way to make you feel at home. Every time I saw Jay on the front desk he greeted me by name and asked if there was anything he could do to make our stay better. When I mentioned the rooms at the back of the hotel where we had stayed before we're quieter than where we now were, he immediately found us a quiet room for the rest of our stay and we were very happy with it. I wanted to get tickets to a concert and Jay again helped me get them. The shuttle bus service is 24 hour and will even drop you at the Sky Train. We stayed three weeks and will definitely return to the same hotel when we return to Vancouver.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel away from the main highway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cottontreebay

Dear Cottontreebay; WOW! Thanks so much for the 5 Star review. We truly do enjoy connecting with our customers and encourage our team to do that as “themselves” and happy to know Jay's customer relations exceeded your expectations. he is surely one of the stars on our team. On another note, welcoming back a regular customer is extra special for our staff and we can’t thank you enough for that!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

When we stayed there in the beginning of May 2014, our first impression was not very clean. The fridge in the double queen room had rotten food in it, over half the dishes were dirty, and dresser drawers still had presonal belongings inside. Then At night I awoke at 2am to find our bed and us completely covered in bed bugs! There were easily hundreds of them in total! We started putting them in one of their drinking glasses and my husband took them down to the front desk at 4am, and their response was a call to our room an hour later saying that "we must have brought them with us". Later their quality control person came to our room and I showed her all the bugs we had squished in the pillows and on the bed, and could plainly see there were still bugs crawling around as well. They offered us the room next door, then one on the other side of the building, then to just simply take out the bed in our room and put a different bed in there. Needless to say, we left and will not go back nor do we recommend anyone to stay there. Within a week our bed bug bites surfaced and at our peak I had 129 bites and my husband had 147, I dont think anyone could pack up enough bed bugs in their luggage without noticing to account for that many bites Accent Inn Richmond BC.

• Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank MelKu
dmgr2, Manager at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear MelKu,
Although we do everything in our power to prevent bed bugs entering our property it is unfortunate that on occasion they can appear. Our sincere apologies for your troubles as you are correct we did indeed find a few in your room when you reported them to us and we have undertaken the appropriate steps to cleanse that room and property with a qualified contractor.
The additional items you mention are a bit more confusing and difficult to respond to. You indicated to our staff as they assisted you, that other than the unfortunate bedbugs you were very pleased with the facilities, contrary to the review, and in fact would return happily thanks to the service provided?
Once again please accept our apologies and contact me directly at 604-231-3204 if you feel there is anything more we could have done.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The room I stayed in was reasonable clean as far as the carpet, tables, and bed. But when I went to get a glass to pour a drink into, it appears that they simply wipe out the glasses with a rag and put them back on the counter. There was obvious wipe marks on all of the glasses. Most hotels use very cheap, plastic cups that are sealed to ensure they are clean. This is not one of those hotels. They have no restaurant on site, so I doubt very much they are washing these glasses in a commercial washing machine. More than likely, they are placed in the (dirty) bathroom sink, given a quick rinse and wiped out with a cleaning cloth. I decided to get a class from the cabinet as I was staying in a kitchenette unit and discovered the same film on all of those glasses as well. The plates had greasy finger prints on them and dried food on the back of the plates. The top of the microwave had lots of dust and bits of food laying on it. Needless to say, we tore the lids off of the take out containers and used them for plates.

The toilet did not flush properly - it seemed to be partially plugged. The shower temperature fluctuated wildly. It went for annoying cool to scalding hot without notice. I asked my wife to turn on the taps on and off and flush the (plugged) toilet, all caused the temperature to fluctuate dangerously. So it appears if any of the other rooms flush a toilet or turn on a sink, it was also causing the temperature to fluctuate. I was not comfortable letting my kids have a shower as they were at risk of being burned due to the water pressure issue. I have never had a problem like this in a hotel.

The A/C worked well, but the beds were uncomfortable as I woke up stiff and sore. Overall, I am very disappointed with this hotel and would not stay here again.

Room Tip: The back was quiet, but there is no elevator to the third floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear SkyDiverBC,Thanks for staying with us.Your comments really caught us off-guard. Cleanliness is extremely important to us and we rate very high for it but what matters is that somehow it looks like errors were made in your case and we'd like to apologize. Rest assured all our glassware, cutlery, utensils are washed in our commercial dishwasher prior to stocking them in guestrooms. Simmons BeautyRest Mattresses and custom pillows are used in all our guestrooms. Your review will be discussed with our housekeeping and maintenance team.
An IHOP Restaurant is located at the hotel and provides a discount to our valued guests.
Hope we get to see you again. Best Wishes.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staff was great. Room was always clean. They provided keys to the hot tub before I even asked for access. Great to be near eateries just a few steps away. Perfect location and very quiet even if it's just off Hwy 99. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear SaskRabbit, Thanks for the wonderful review. Our staff really appreciates hearing comments on their efforts and we thank you for that. Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family and I were looking for a decently priced hotel near the airport, and decided to check out Accent Inn as the rates were competitive. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality and size of the rooms. The gentleman at the front desk who checked us in was extremely polite and helpful as well. We got a room on the first floor and it was great as i could park my car right next to my room and it wasn't noisy at all. Right next to IHOP, Denny's and McDonalds.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Wasim A

Dear Wasim A, Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review. We really appreciate the comments on customer service as we are very proud of our "team". We have already started on our next round of updates for our 'new look' rooms so we hope to see you again and hear your thoughts on the changes we make. Best Wishes.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We recently stayed here as we were departing for an Alaskan cruise the next day. It was very nice to show up at a hotel that was so clean and well appointed. The staff were very friendly and very helpful, check in was flawless. I forgot my toothbrush and toothpaste which they were happy to give me at the front desk. The bed was very comfortable, enjoyed the rubber ducky in the bathroom and all the little extras. Zareena Dean, I believe may be the maintenance supervisor was so helpful and went out of her way to answer any questions without hesitation even though she may have been busy. The front end staff were wonderful in spit of the busyness of the lobby. The shuttle to the airport was fantastic and the fact that we could park our car without any problems for a nominal fee was great. It makes us want to go back to this hotel again when you have such flawless service.

Room Tip: If you need a liquor store or drug store, you can walk out of the hotel to the main street and turn...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim R

Dear Kim R,Thanks for the nice compliments and for choosing us as your cruise stopover hotel. We sure hope you do indeed catch another cruise out of Vancouver (they have lots you know) so that we can welcome you back! Our staff really appreciates hearing comments on their efforts and we thank you for that. The rubber duckies are a hit at the hotel and it reminds our guests of the fond memories when they were kids! Zareena is one of the best members on our team and is nicked named Shopping Diva, as she also provides a wealth of knowledge on shopping tips and guest services to our guests and visitors. Best Wishes!