“Decent for one night”

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Canada
“Decent for one night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013

I stayed here when my flight was rescheduled and my preferred hotel was full. I was able to get a decent prepaid rate despite booking only a few hours prior to arrival. The lobby area of the hotel is very spacious and pleasant. My room was also nicely appointed with lots of pillows and nice linens. There was a mini fridge in the room, which was also a nice plus. The bathroom was spacious and clean.

The one downside is that I could hear significant airplane noise until about midnight, then starting again before 6am. I normally stay at another hotel which is closer to the airport and find it to be much quieter. Not sure why that is. If I stayed here again, I would bring ear plugs and possibly consider taking a sleep aid.

The pick up shuttle service was great. It runs 24 hours a day, unlike most other hotels. The return to the airport was a little different. Despite confirming at check-in, it appeared that you actually need to confirm your pickup time at least 30 minutes early. The driver arrived and was rushed and flustered. A 10 minute drive to the airport ended up taking 30 minutes as we stopped at several different hotels. Luckily, I had allocated enough time but was still very rushed at the airport. I would recommend that you take an earlier shuttle just to be safe.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stayed here on a layover flight. Great value and I had a good night of rest. I was able to get out and find some nice places to eat breakfast and then back to the airport. I would stay here again because of value, convenience, and good quality.
Airport shuttle is also available. The hotel had a new feel.
I always enjoy the consistenacy of the Sheraton gym- so I recommend a pair of shorts and pair of sneakers. Great places to go for a walk as well close by,

Room Tip: They all seemed like good rooms to me. No complaints from me on this one.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SlickNickCowtown
Pearl City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

Do your research before picking this hotel. Hotel is located in Chinatown district of Vancouver. You will not have a problem with finding a Chinese Restaurant. You walk into the lobby and its like being in China. My guess the owner of the hotel is Chinese. The rooms are comfortable but old. Great pointer for you is to call the hotel and ask them if the picture from their website are actual photos of the rooms.

I ordered room service. Food was delivered promptly but was missing silverware. So obviously, there's no attention to detail. Again, this hotel is comfortable for a 1 night stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
garyrud, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Thank you far sharing your comments. We are located in what is referred to as the Golden Village, with restaurants, shopping and culture from many nationalities, including Chinese.

Because of our location we are very popular with Asian clientel. We do have a number of regualr guests who enjoy the ethnic nature of our property, and the many outstanding restaurnants in the area.

Please know that the photos taken, are approved by Starwood and are representative of the present condition of our hotel rooms.

As you noted our rooms are dated. We will begin the process of updating all of our rooms later this year, and hope to complete the process by May of next year.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

My wife, daughter (20 months), and I stayed at this hotel while en route to the Philippines from Calgary and on our way back. The hotel is close to the airport and has a free 24 hour airport shuttle that runs every 30 mins at 5 minutes and 35 minutes past the hour.

We stayed in a room with 2 double beds and it was clean when we arrived. There is not a lot of extra space in the room but the bathroom was quite large. They have shampoo/conditioner/bath soap dispensers right in the shower.

The beds were very comfortable and we had lots of pillows. Our daughter slept very well in the room! The rooms are also very quiet. The hotel was full during our return stay and we never heard a peep from the neighboring rooms!

The lobby is large and there is free access to computers/internet with an attached printer. Came in very handy for doing our web checkins for our flights! Our daughter also loved running around the lobby and the hotel staff were very friendly with us and her.

The only downside to the room is there is no fridge or electric kettle and the hotel didn't have any we could use. The alternative was to use the hot water located on the third or fifth floors next to the vending machines. There are also no convenience stores nearby so the only place to go for supplies is the mall across the street or the nearby Superstore.

On the plus side the area has a plethora of restaurants (majority Asian) within walking distance. Many of the restaurants are also very highly rated. There are also a few restaurants in the mall and the food court has a decent number of choices. Check Urbanspoon for reviews!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Curtis V
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are glad that you enjoy your time at the Four Points.

Please know that we are continually adding more fridges to the hotel and with an upcoming refresh of our guest rooms, all rooms will be equipped with mini fridges.

Also note that we do have a limited supply of kettles for our guests, and I assuming we may have been out when your request was made.

Regards
Hotel Management Team
White Rock, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

It's a nice, bland, business hotel. Conveniently located to a Canada Line transit station and #3 Road, the hotel offers a shuttle to the airport, both the main terminal and if you ask nicely, the South terminal. It's close to many good asian restaurants. The hotel is relatively new, so it nicely appointed with newer TVs, etc...
My only complaint was my iron wasn't working and I had to iron a shirt in the morning for a business meeting. Luckily the front desk brought up a new one promptly since housekeeping wasn't open yet.
This is a good hotel to use on points since they only charge 4,000 SPG points, which is a very good deal.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sinner5
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

I like the staff (almost entirely Asian). The ladies at b'fast in the morning are always cheerful and make suggestions (at 6:00 AM!).
Its also in a great 'hood for Asian restaurants, all within walkable distance.
Rooms are spacious, but i do recommend getting one facing the parking lot, the ones facing the road can be a little loud.
Only real complaint is the shuttle service...it runs on a schedule, which is fine for the busy hours, but when you arrive at night and have to wait 1/2 hour for a pick up (when the hotel is maybe a 7 minute drive away) that is not exactly calming after just having spent many hours on a plane.
So a good property with a cheerful staff.

Room Tip: parking lot facing much quieter than the ones that face the road
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
garyrud, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Thank you for your loyal patronage, we appreciate that you have made us your hotel of choice when stayng in the area. I will pass on your positive comments to all of our associates, as I am sure they will appreciate hearing the results of there hard work.

In order to expidite pu from the airport, please call the hotel, when you arrive as our shuttle may be availbe sooner.

Best regards
Gary Rudin, Assitnat GM
Western Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

I stay at this hotel 8-10x a year for work. It is in the center of Richmond 5-10 min drive from airport. They have a shuttle. Hotel is used by the airlines for crews going to Asia ( staff is fluent ).Good rooms, comfortable ...ask for corner rooms, bigger with a two person bath tub. Restaurant is a good cafe. Staff treat you with care.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room facing parking lot
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Stevexyz
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We appreciate that you recognise the efforts of all of our associates to make you feel welcome.. I will be sure to share your comments with them. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay.

Best Regards