“Wonderful staff, convenient location, perfect timing for renovation.”

Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Close to the airport and some of the best Asian restaurants in Richmond. Staff members at the front desk are very friendly and helpful. Parking is not free (don't remember how much it costs though) and you also have to pay for the street parking. We were the only non-Asian people in the hotel. The rooms are pretty quiet. There was a huge party/celebration in the lobby/restaurant with a band, but the noise did not affect us. The rooms are clean, but dated. Receptionist said that the hotel will undergo the renovation this year, so that will hopefully take care of the dated rooms.

Stayed: October 2013
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for your review. We hope to welcome you back in 2014 to see our new renovated look!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We needed an airport stay coming and going to the Carolinas. The Four Points was the only hotel we could get that would give us a rate including fourteen days of parking. We would describe the hotel as adequate. It was clean and comfortable. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. The shuttle service to and from the airport was prompt and effective. No complaints really, other than the food. We would not recommend eating there. It's an odd mix of Canadian and ethnic offerings. The breakfast we would call a tired and limited buffet. We may have misread the area but we didn't feel comfortable walking about, certainly not at night. We couldn't find anywhere nearby to go for dinner. We ended up driving to the big Sheraton a few blocks over and will review that experience separately. In summary, it gave us what we needed - a couple of overnights in good, clean and comfortable surroundings but without frills or fancy. And the price was right.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Our stay was very nice, from the on-time shuttle at the airport for pick-up to the reception desk staff to the upgraded corner room. The hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly.
They even have a 4 am shuttle to the airport to catch our early flight.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for your kind words! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and our free amenities. We are happy we were able to upgrade you and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My last trip in Vancouver was in June 2013 and it was a last minute book thru because Westin Wall Centre was all full. Despite the last 2 very bad experiences I had at this hotel, and Guest Relations Mgr did not call or email me to apologize or even follow up with an apology. My first stay here started 5 years back than followed by Raymond Lam concert and continuously until last time I stepped on "Broken Glass upon arrival on Hotel Carpet". I told Front Desk, instead of apologizing and offer to switch me to another room or even an upgrade; they told me to go see a doctor and said they will vacumn my carpet while I am away. Asked if I have broke something??!! Last June I checked out, I called the night before talked to Front Desk Mgr he ok'd me to have late checkout till 2pm for SPG Preferred. Next morning, Chinese girl in Front Desk started scolding at me, asking me to remove my luggages and have them store at the Front as Preferred Customers don't have 2pm late checkout status or upgrades. She loudly read out the Guidelines and Policy to me in English than in Chinese; I have never experienced anything this "HORRIFIC" my mouth dropped widely open in awe. I laughed I checked in at Westin Wall Centre few blks away, had an upgrade, gave me late check-out till 4pm. I stayed there 3 times.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jacqueline W
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

We regret to hear of your experience, as this is certainly not the standard of service we provide to our guests. Your feedback is important to us and have been shared with our Front Desk and Housekeeping team. If you would like to discuss further please contact our manager Gary at gary_rudin@4pointsyvr.com. Thank you.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I took the Alaskan cruise and arrived in Canada before noon. Check in time is not until 3pm. We decided to go ahead and take a cab to the hotel and see if they would let us store our big bags there until check in time. Upon arrival we was greeted by very friendly staff. Surprisingly, they informed us they had a room ready for us and we could go ahead and check in. That was like music to our ears. There was no extra charge for this early check in. The rooms were very clean and very comfortable. To the back of the hotel within walking distance is a mall. So that was convenient. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mscopper
Reviewed 24 September 2013

best part of this place is the staff. Always friendly, always helpful...love the Chinese waitress who is always on at breakfast, she frets over you like she's your mom, not a waitress.
Second best thing about this place is the location, cuz there are at least 15-20 good Asian resto's within walking distance.
Third, its consistent in my expectations of a 4 points.

Room Tip: Facing the parking lot is considerably quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Margesmister
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I recently stayed here on an international trip with a stopover. Shuttle to hotel was convenient and just had to call the hotel and the driver came very quickly. All hotel staff was very friendly and helpful- both at check-in and breakfast. Rooms are basic but fine for a short trip. Nearby Earl's restaurant (within walking distance) had good food and wine selection. Would stay again as the price was right.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business