“I was the only Caucasian but I liked this place”

Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

OK, so having never been to Vancouver or the western part of Canada before, I had no idea what section "Richmond" was with respect to the larger Vancouver area. I reserved with SPG points, so it was sort of free. And close to the airport. What a surprise to arrive in the middle of the night to find the rental car counters closed. Boo. We took a taxi to this hotel but should have waited for the free hotel shuttle. Did not know. Our room was ready and waiting for us, giving us a comfortable respite from our long and delayed Delta flight from JFK. We had a top floor room as requested. Fluffy bedding and so quiet. But we were the only non-Asians in the hotel!! Apparently, many Asians, especially Chinese, settled this area years ago and it remains a top draw for Asian visitors as well. No worries -- amazing restaurant choices within walking distance!! Thai, Chinese, Japanese, etc. You name it, they have it if it is Asian. The hotel's restaurant can't compete and hardly any customers. No room service (when we visited). $10 a day for parking. You'll understand why around dinner time. A very popular spot for dinner. For our purposes, it was a pleasant interlude before our cross-Canada drive to the Rockies. If we had looked to really experience Vancouver this would have been a bad selection.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We arrived late but check in was easy. Room was clean and bed was comfortable with wonderful sheets and duvet. Only down side was the breakfast room had very limited menu with lots of Asian choices but not so much American cuisine. I would stay there again as staff was friendly, helpful and location was close to airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear tripping58,

Thank you for your feedback - we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We hope that you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We arrived late at night and the area was like in the middle of Chinatown. Lots of activities at night, from restaurants to people walking around the area. You will have to pay $10 for overnight parking in their lot. Or you can park on the street right outside the hotel. Your call. I didn't know about the parking fee. The staff did not recognize me as an SPG member. I had two connected room and they were clean and roomy. Bathroom was spacious with modern standing shower. One tip, if you decide to have breakfast in Chinatown, exchange your money ahead of time since they are CASH ONLY. I was charged $100 for $95 Canadian. The hotel will exchange 1:1 ratio for you. Bank exchange rate was $95 for $100 Canadian dollars. I would come back here for the value received.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I chose this hotel because it has been redecorated this year.
Let's begin with the hotel shuttle, every 30 mins from or to the airport... and the driver didn't wait for a min or two, so once u missed it, u gonna wait for another 30 mins.
The room is alright, but the wifi connection really sucks, when I was doing the internet meeting with my oversea branch co-workers, ALWAYS disconnected every 2 mins, during that 2 mins, the quality of connection is nothing to make a compliment on! So I have to walk into a restaurant near by to use their FREE WiFi to continue my meeting. Since they spent the money on the redecoration already, why couldn't they have the better WiFi system?
Very Bad experience to stay.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Takeshi H,

Thank you for your feedback. We genuinely apologize for the issues you experienced with our WiFi during your recent stay. We are aware the Internet issue and are in the process of upgrading our Bandwidth to provide a better customer service experience. Again, thank you for your review and allowing us the opportunity to improve our services. Take care.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

First time staying at this Vancouver airport hotel. Easy access by hotel shuttle every half hour and within a very short walking distance to either Earl's and the Cactus Club. There's even a mall across the street and short walk to the Canada Line to take the subway/transit downtown. Rooms are very nice and modern as the hotel has and is undergoing renovations. The only negative of my stay was upon check-in, the fellow at the front-desk tried to talk me into accepting a room with 2 beds instead of the King which I had reserved. (I'm a Starwood frequent traveler as well). I wouldn't give up the bed, so I was purposely given a room that wraps around the noisy elevator shaft. Given the many hotel options nearby, the customer service experience makes this location a maybe as whether I would return.

Room Tip: Avoid any rooms next to the elevator
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

From the time we checked in, and the time we checked, our stay was wonderful. Our room was clean and perfect. The staff was very accommodating and helpful. I know that we were a pain in the rear with all of our requests, but they still smiled and made sure that we were okay.
Thank you Fiona for being such an amazing star!! I will definitely be back, and hopefully to have the same room again  :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel is close to the Langford Skytrain Station and the Langford Centre mall. It's a $15 cab ride from the airport including tip, but they have a free hotel shuttle too. My room was great; nice linens, deep bathtub, everything modern and clean. The staff are very accomodating and kind. This property is not part of the 'downtown' cluster of Richmond hotels but it has everything a traveler needs. I would happily stay there again. I had read warnings about the renovations - they're completed now so every room should be just as nice as mine. And by the way, parking in greater Vancouver is expensive - even in Richmond, so expect to pay extra for that anywhere. At least the Wi-Fi is free (as it should be). There are two 24 hour restaurants nearby; a McDonalds just down the block and the Number Nine Restaurant at the Langford Centre, a few blocks away. The latter is kind of iconic and worth a visit - it's not fancy and it's cash only but the food is fine and it's laid back and friendly.

Room Tip: My room with 2 doubles wasn't huge but it was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear DivaDuck,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future. Take care.