“Happily surprised!”

Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 22 December 2013

My 2 young sons and i were welcomed by the Front End Clerk, Sabrina, She made the start of our visit to Vancouver wonderful by signing us in quickly, answering my questions without hesitation (she knew her stuff!) and topped it all off by giving each of my boys a toy from a gift basket behind the counter. .

Room Tip: Request a room facing the air traffic if you're interested in 'plane spotting'.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bruce C

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I am Platinum Elite member, so I have stayed at many HI hotels for many nights.
I just arrived from stays in China and Mexico, the HI there had superior service and value.
This hotel wanted to charge 2.75 for bottled water in the room, give me a break!
No morning coffee service in the lobby either. It is also a good distance from the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank zepza
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear zepza,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Had a layover from Hawaii and needed a hotel for one night. What better place to stay! I've been to this hotel numerous times over the years and just like another reviewer said, it's like coming home. The staff are amazing and keep us coming back! I did notice from the last time I stayed that they've done some upgrades here. New shuttle bus, HDTV channels, and fiber optic internet. I tell you these guys care about their guests.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have been staying and conducting week long meetings at this hotel for a number of years and each stay is rated at 10+ ALL of the personnel are friendly and willing to help. This includes the wonderful wait staff in the restaurant, the catering staff and right up to the General Manager. In fact, many people that have attended my meetings and have stayed at the hotel return and have even conducted meetings there. Rooms are spacious and clean. Beds are extremely comfortable. The choice of food and "Adult Beverages" are numerous. The menu in the restaurant is fantastic. I didn't think it could be improved, but I am happily surprised.
Whether I'm in Vancouver for business or pleasure, this is my hotel of choice!

Room Tip: The "corner" rooms are my favorite, they're away from the elevators and vending machin...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2013

No bad experience! Everything is excellent, they even have guest reception every Wednesday with good food and wines. All the staff are very friendly and very accommodating!! I highly recommend it!! I always stay here whenever i am in Vancouver area for business trip(which is almost every month), they also have a good restaurant within the property and which carries all or almost any beer in the world. They are close to the airport (YVR) for that early morning flights and have a free shuttle as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed there September 2012. In the drop down menu, I selected January 2013, but only because that was the earliest option to select. The rooms were clean, and everything about the hotel was good. There was a McDonalds right next door too. It was kind of far from the main, downtown Vancover area. Since I rented a car, I just drove into the city, so I had no problem.

Although, my travelling partner has asthma, and I don't remember, but I think that this hotel allows dogs. We just asked for a no-dog room, and we were completely happy.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have stayed here a few times, always booked through Hotwire. It's a newer hotel, so the rooms are spacious and everything works nicely; no nickel-and-diming on things like Internet and TV. Service at the front desk is good. There is an in-hotel bar & grill, and an IHOP, McDonalds and Denny's within easy walking range but for the most part this is out on the highway in Richmond. There is the free airport shuttle bus, and there is a public transit bus stop about 100m from the hotel, but if you're looking to be right in the heart of Richmond or Vancouver, this will not be for you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business