“The front desk employees are amazing!”

Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I recently travelled back from New York to Victoria, BC and had planned to overnight at the Holiday in, as the flight was due to arrive just after midnight. We got caught in the horrendous weather, and I phoned the day we were suppose to leave and explained that I wasn't sure what time, or if, we would get there. The young man I spoke to, John Laqui, was so incredibly kind, helpful and more than fair. We did manage to get to the hotel, just past 6 a.m. and another man on the desk knew immediately who I was by name, and had everything ready for us. All I had to do was sign a paper and go to our room to sleep!
In the morning, John was there when we passed through the lobby to the restaurant (also quite good). He was so genuinely pleased that we made it safely. My friend was coming to pick us up and take us to the ferry, but she got terribly lost! When John over heard my conversation, he immediately got on his computer Googled where she was and spent the next 15 minutes talking and guiding my very frazzled friend to the hotel.
I have stayed there before and without question, will stay there again!
I can't remember the last time I had such incredible service in a hotel! They were all fantastic!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 1Bailey

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed here for one night between flights out of the airport. The hotel was extremely clean, the staff were very friendly, the room was spacious and the shower was excellent (strong pressure, good shower-head).

The only minor complaint I have is about the shuttle. I called in advance and explained that my flight would arrive at 1:30am - I was told that the shuttle would be available at this time. However, it stops running earlier and we had to take a cab (which was reimbursed by the hotel). I would have appreciated knowing this before so I didn't waste time going to the shuttle area of the airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a few nights and found it was fantastic. It has fresh and new if not newly renovated. The room service is super quick and the menu was extensive. It had healthy choices and quite reasonably priced. It had choices for all members of the family. If you are not wanting to eat in, there is a restaurant/bar in the hotel. Also choices in the area to walk and drive to. The hotel is also within 5 to 10 minutes from a very large mall for shopping. There is a free shuttle to YVR that runs frequently. And the staff was absolutely amazing and so friendly. I was able to use their fitness center. Although small, it had everything I needed and was well cared for. I would absolutely stay here again. Only complaint is the walls are thin so if a light sleeper, this may be a problem. I only found this problem during the day, not at night.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor right above the fitness center and the farthest from the freeway. I heard n...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We booked this hotel as we needed overnight accommodation while in transit. The complimentary shuttle only took 10 mins and runs every hour hour on the hour ( last shuttle. 11.30pm) and only stopped at one other hotel -no need to book. Get it at the lower ground floor ( ie downstairs from the international arrivals section) opposite the taxi rank

Tip: watch out for taxis keen for the tourist dollar. We initially took a cab since I didn't know where or when the shuttle left. The taxi took us through the town instead of the freeway and charged us double the usual rate ( and adjusted the metre to give himself tip!) lif you have to get a cab, tell them you need to go via the freeway as its only 5 to 10 mins away and settle on no more than $15 inc tip. If they don't like it get another cab- there are plenty.

The hotel itself is quiet and just off the main street so hardly any traffic noise. The rooms are spotless and quite well appointed but not luxurious. It adjoins a restaurant which has late and early opening hours and which offers a good selection of food. If you are a hockey fan, you can follow the games from your choice of a dozen screens around the room.

The service is very good and they will hold your luggage for a few days if you need this service.

Room Tip: All rooms are off the main road as the hotel is set back from it, so all are probably quiet and of s...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2013

My 2 young sons and i were welcomed by the Front End Clerk, Sabrina, She made the start of our visit to Vancouver wonderful by signing us in quickly, answering my questions without hesitation (she knew her stuff!) and topped it all off by giving each of my boys a toy from a gift basket behind the counter. .

Room Tip: Request a room facing the air traffic if you're interested in 'plane spotting'.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bruce C
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I am Platinum Elite member, so I have stayed at many HI hotels for many nights.
I just arrived from stays in China and Mexico, the HI there had superior service and value.
This hotel wanted to charge 2.75 for bottled water in the room, give me a break!
No morning coffee service in the lobby either. It is also a good distance from the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank zepza
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear zepza,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Had a layover from Hawaii and needed a hotel for one night. What better place to stay! I've been to this hotel numerous times over the years and just like another reviewer said, it's like coming home. The staff are amazing and keep us coming back! I did notice from the last time I stayed that they've done some upgrades here. New shuttle bus, HDTV channels, and fiber optic internet. I tell you these guys care about their guests.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family