Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were in Richmond for a two-day meeting at this location. At check-in there was a line-up but with only 4 positions it was a bit slow. However at other times I saw the desk empty so there would be no wait. Room was large, clean and quiet. Bed was comfortable. I thought the bathroom was a wee bit small but not a concern.

Their service for the conference was excellent. That was a comment which was echoed by many attendees. Kudos to the hotel for this wonderful service!

Hotel is in a nice location with a number of restaurants to choose from including Carvers where a hotel guest is offered a 15% discount. We only wanted a lighter meal so ate next door at an Irish pub. We love the pub atmosphere!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank PeachlandCalculator
There are newer reviews for Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We booked a room on-line two months before our arrival for a 4 night stay. Our family of 4 was placed in the middle of international flight crews who kept to various sleeping/waking schedules. Loud parties, all night tv's, noisy people in the hallways meant very little sleep for us, and our request to be moved to a quieter area was refused. After we checked out, extra restaurant charges that we hadn't approved (and that the hotel employee couldn't explain) were added to our bill. In repeated conversations (phone calls and e-mails) we've been assured that a manager or supervisor will contact us. No one has done this. I would NOT recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank small_town_travell3r
GM_Airport, General Manager at Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feed back on your recent stay. As per our follow up conversation the mistake by the restaurant server was adjusted on your account and we are sorry that this caused a upset to you. Being placed in the midst of a Airline Crew is in most cases a guarantee for quiet since most of those come of long haul flights and desire quiet, it is regrettable that this was one of those exceptions .
We value your business and thank you for selecting Executive Hotels.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

This was a short overnight stay for us, in transit from Anchorage, Alaska, to Calgary. Transport from and back to the airport is every half hour in a bus shared with another nearby hotel, and takes around 10-15 minutes once you're on the bus. The hotel was modern, clean and comfortable and we had a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jules8Perkins
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was very satisfied with the Executive Airport Plaza Hotel for the most part.
(+) I enjoyed the friendly & efficient frontdesk service, good rate, amenities, great housekeeping service and the way the room was set up. I was happy to have a room with a jacuzzi and a min-kitchen/bar AND a king size bed for such a good rate.

The only thing was... our bed broke (no fun story here). My BF just hopped on the bed and the supporting slate broke in half. We didn't want to mention it because we thought we would be switched to a less desirable room (as there were a few conferences happenning at the hotel and not a lot of availability).So, for 2 nights we slept in a sink hole and as a result my back was very sore. We should have said something, but did not so we take some responsibility for this, too.

(-) The TV did not have the best connection and it was frustrating as the channels came in fuzzy. The video of demand was very costly. It cost 15.99 plus some tax to watch a movie!

Room Tip: We didn't go to the spa and did not have breakfast at the restaurant. We did like the fact that...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Renee M
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I was not overly impressed with the room. It was nothing special but we were only there for one night. The Wi-Fi was spotty and the bathroom could use some sprucing up. They were co-operative with providing us with shuttle service at 3am so was appreciative of that.

I chose this hotel to meet my daughter at before our trip together as they had a restaurant attached that I thought I could treat us to. However, Carvers was closed on Mondays and we ended up in the pub which was expensive and nothing special-bottled sauce used in the Pad Thai etc. I didn't expect anything great from the pub but having the good restaurant closed was disappointing. We didn't want to pay cab fare to get somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Terry S
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Overall ... The room was quiet, clean, bed comfy, did not enjoy the breakfast....definitely not good value for the $$$...if I were to stay again I would order off the menu. We did get in to the airport at midnight and the airporter was finished at 11, we called them on the curtesy phone that is to the right of the exit doors just as you leave to get a cab. They told us to use a red Richmond Cab and they would pay for it. That was nice

Room Tip: We decided to eat from the buffet...for our breakfast. The selection was good but the quality of th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Airport, General Manager at Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

We appreciate the positive comments about your recent stay. While our breakfast buffet is the overwhelming choice of our clients we regret if we failed you on this point in any manner. It is our teams desire to transfer clients conveniently to and from Vancouver International airport 24/7 even if it requires a quick phone call ( 11pm to 6.00am ) from our guest once they have landed and cleared customs.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I was here for a weekend workshop. The lobby and conference room were very attractive, however the elevator, hallway and room were not so great. A room card was needed in the elevator, but no instructions were given on it's use. The light for our floor was burned out so it was hit or miss whether we were actually going to move! The hallway was dirty when I arrived, about 5pm, and still had the same bits of paper, etc. at 3pm the next day. I ordered room service for breakfast, which was fine. The waitress was kind enough to point out that a tip wasn't necessary, although there was a spot for one, as it had already been added. I then paid attention to my next couple of meals and found the same thing on my bill. On the second day I pre-ordered lunch for 15 minutes after our class finished. I thought that that would be sufficient time for the kitchen to get caught up from the original rush. How wrong! My meal was 20 minutes late in arriving so I took it to my room, had a couple of bites, and put the rest in the fridge for my supper. Come supper time, being very hungry, I rushed to my room in anticipation and found my food frozen solid! With the exception of Michael in Carver's, who was awesome, there is a lot more for me to rant on about, but let me just say...don't bother!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Exceliz
GM_Airport, General Manager at Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feed back on your recent stay. While we would love to have every guest experience a perfect stay ,we clearly failed you on our Food and Beverage side. The room card needed for your access to the guest room floor will be better explained by our guest service agents because of your comment, sorry that we failed you by not providing that explanation to you..