“Last stop before flight home to UK”

Sandman Hotel Vancouver Airport
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 30 September 2011

This Sandman was comfortable, the staff were efficient but a little brusque, however compared with our stay at Calgary Airport Sandman, it did not come up to the same level of satisfaction. The room was good, but their Moxies restaurant was a big let down after Calgary, due to the attitude of the staff.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the ice machine!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 September 2011

We had the loft suite. Great for 3 people (one sleeping on the couch) but if you need to fold out the couch (as we did) into a bed be prepared to climb over it to get to the bathroom as there is very little room to go around it :( We stayed 5 nights - maid service was inconsistent resupplying the amenities. Room was updated but not done particularly well. Quiet hotel. ids enjoyed the pool. Windows open for fresh air which was nice. King sized bed was very comfortable. Walking distance to Costco, Michaels and Pier 1.

Room Tip: At check-in they gave us a much better rate than the corporate one we had reserved under.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We stay at this hotel for total of 8 nights during our road trip in Vancouver. The rooms are clean and the bed is pretty comfy. There was no fan in the bathroom. It could be a hassle when 4 of us need to use the bathroom right after each other.
The hotel provides free parking and Internet. It also provides free airport shuttle bus. The work out room is small and has no weight.
Although the hotel was near the airport, but we did not have any sleeping problems during those nights we stayed. There were A&W, Tim Horton, and Moxie near the hotel. Not a great location for visitors who has no car, because it is 18 minutes walk away from the Bridgeport Station.
Front desk staffs were friendly and helpful. They were able to help us to find late night restaurant and show us directions to places. We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed here one night , we had parked our car One week earlier and used the room at the end of our trip. The hotel was OK for one night late arrival early departure
My car was parked for a week outside near Moxies Restaurant
This was the only hotel that I have parked my car for any length of time and not been asked the registration or given them the keys
I'm sure I could have parked for free!!
Our room was adequate 2 Double beds .....It was pretty dark

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I am just finishing up my stay here (August 10-12). The hotel is very close to YVR Vancouver Airport, literally on the same street. It's very close to the mIn Rteriea that take you right to downtown as well, less than 15 minutes this morning in rush hour. The hotel itself has some age to it but the bed is comfy and room spacious. I got upgraded to a loft room on the 5th floor. The bathrooms are very clean and were cleaned to a spic and span again while I was out. Would stay again for sure. Good for families and the budget conscious traveler. Moxie's restaurant is attached to the hotel which is also super convenient, and for the true Canadians, Tim Hortons is right across the street! Will be back!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Due to an airline delay, Air Canada arranged for my mother and me to stay overnight at the Sandman Hotel Vancouver Airport. We arrived after 16+ hours of traveling only to be informed upon arrival that the only room left was a smoking room on a smoking floor. When I asked the clerk why the airline agent was not informed of this I was told that our other option was to wait again for a shuttle to take us to another hotel. Had we been informed that only a smoking room was left while we were still at the airport we certainly would have requested a different hotel. I was very annoyed with the caviler attitude of the hotel clerk. This said the hotel restaurant was very nice, and the location to the airport is good. The room is set up as junior suites with a sitting area, with sleep sofa, separated from the sleeping area with a kitchenette and bathroom. Unfortunately the room stank with smoke; linens, towels, even the shower curtain. We were up to take the 4 am shuttle back to the airport, even though our flight was for 8 am as the atmosphere in the room was horrible due to the lingering smoke. Based on the above I would not recommend a stay here. However, my sister loves the downtown Vancouver location of this chain. I'm sure I would have a different opinion if the hotel had been forthcoming with the fact that only a smoking room was left. But, then we would have ended up some where else and had a good night's sleep.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Perfect for quick overnight prior to flight. Room was fine and airport shuttle on time.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple