Sandman Hotel Vancouver Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmoxie's restaurantloft roomvancouver airporttim hortonsking bedfree parkingevery half hourovernight staythe hotel is cleanconvenient locationexcellent staynice roomone night stayyvrlandingproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The staff at the Sandman are very good, great to deal with, clean rooms, was able to store our vehicle there for 2 weeks. We decided to stay in the Vancouver another night, when I called the hotel, they mentioned they were full, but when I checked in 5 nights later they were able to make some changes and accommodate our family the extra night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed in the tower and it was comfortable and when we returned we needed a room right away as it was before check in time they accommodated us and we stayed in the older area of the hotel and it was amaze getting to our room and the bed was not so comfortable. If you want to stay I suggest staying in one of the towers. The staff were very pleasant and I would definitely stay there again. Enjoy the pools, waterslide and hot tub (thank you for turning up the heat)

Room Tip: Stay in one of the towers.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The Sandman Airport Hotel is a basic, no frills type of hotel. The rooms are in need of refurbishment, but are still spacious and comfortable. The staff were wonderful and gave me an early checkin, as we had just arrived on a long haul flight from Australia. It was great to have a shower and a few hours sleep before we ventured out later afternoon to Vancouver. The shuttlebus runs every 30 minutes to the airport, and right outside the entrance to the Skytrain station, until midnight. The hotel provides free wifi. When I couldn't connect they gave me access to the Business Centre so I could have some internet access. I found the staff excellent - very helpful. The restaurant was a bit pricey, but that would be my only negative. I certainly would stay at the Sandman again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2013

While it's not horrible, I can't give it a rating of "average" because it's lacking so many things that are now standard at many equivalent hotels. There was no coffee in the lobby, no free internet in the lobby, no offer to provide free missing toiletries (like toothbrush or razor), only the one mirror in the bathroom - no full-length mirror anywhere.

The room was TINY. No room to lay things out or even eat.

The staff was just OK. No one was particularly friendly.

Location is a bit difficult.

The bed was very comfortable!

Room Tip: Avoid the street side. A bit noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank meemsikins99
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This hotel has a very modern feel to it which you can feel right as you walk into the lobby. The rooms are slightly small and the patterns on the linens are dated. The height of the bed is really low to the ground. Some off the staff was extremely friendly while others you could tell were just trying to make it through the day. If you stay on the bottom floor, which we did not, you can smell the chemicals from the pool all the way down the hall. The biggest draw back for this hotel is its' location. The hotel is difficult to get to, especially if you are travelling south. It took us about 45 minutes to return to our hotel after our visit to Vancouver. Also one should note that there is only one entrance to the hotel and it is hidden.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first first or you will smell the chemicals coming from the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple