“Okay for overnight”

Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Golden, Canada
“Okay for overnight”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

It's okay if you are traveling in or out of YVR. Rooms are a little small. Very basic. Restaurant, Moxies, is so-so. The morning shuttle was basically a small van and far too crowded. The Wifi absolutely sucks and has for a long time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night before our flight. Our room on 2nd floor was spacious enough, very clean and the bed was comfortable. We came on the ferry boat from Victoria, took the bus 620 and stopped right in front of the hotel, just like another reviewer said. Early in the am took their shuttle to the airport. Staff was friendly. Good for the traveler to and from the airport.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patcat71
Quesnel, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through Expedia and we joked that we must have been assigned the "expedia" room. The receptionist was unfamiliar with the hotel and couldn't answer any of our questions about the room. The room was small and poorly furnished, dull. No facial tissue dispenser. However the night manager was knowledgable and very polite. When I left my key card in my room, I was given another without hesitation. They also gave us access to the business centre even though we were not technically eligible. Only the star plus members got papers in the morning. Too many small irritations for me to return happily to this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Chilliwack, BC
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Was there 2 nights ago. The hotel is under renovation, a fact not disclosed to us at the time of our booking it. The ceiling above the bathtub was wet with drops of water from the suite above ours and needs replacement. There was no Kleenex-type tissue available in the room. The carpets are a dingie black, and I felt it was chosen to hide soil. The linens were clean, however. The night desk staff and the day person were good. The breakfast menu at the on-site Moxie's restaurant is too limited and lacks regular choices. We walked to the nearby Travel Lodge's Pantry Restaurant for breakfast and were disappointed by the food and service. Our meals included pancakes. Mine arrived cold and had to be sent back. Being diabetics, we ordered sugar free syrup. The server remembered too late, and had brought us regular syrup which we had already eaten! No small error there. She forgot our daughter's coffee refill. The washroom there was up a flight of stairs and no accommodation for a handicapped person. We will not attend either establishment again. I hope tourists don't judge Vancouver by these two establishments.

Room Tip: Be sure to inquire whether renovation work has been completed. While staff are friendly and seem ef...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Kailua-Kona
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This hotel was clean and the people were nice. Two things I did not like that will prevent me from staying again: 1) The security was strange. You had to get your room card renewed every morning (you find out about this by being locked out in the morning) but they didn't check my ID when the renewed the card. I hope that the clerk checked the card for my room number before she renewed it or anybody could have walked up. I'd ask.
2) There is a major all night intersection outside the hotel. Trucks and motorcycles all night long. Bring earplugs, but you could still hear the noise. This hotel specializes in airport transients. I think they even have a shuttle. Therefore, there is a lot of congestion and noise early in the morning.

Room Tip: Maybe you can ask for a room on the south side away from the intersection. The road on that side ha...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Was returning to my city after a gap of 1.5 years and needed to stay at a place for first 3-4 days. Absolutely the right decision to stay here. Service was very good and folks at reception were truly cordial. I was automatically upgraded to a bigger room at the check-in time. Let me say this - nothing, NOTHING could usurp a nice smile, friendly and warm greetings, and genuinely decent bahavior (appreciating and proactively responding to traveler's need) - especially after 24+ hours trip from the other part of the world with dazed and jet-lagged body and mind...these guys figured it out! THANK YOU! Stayed in many fancy hotels around the world over the years...and I wouldn't trade one for the fantastic behavior and reception I got at this hotel late at night when I needed it most. You welcomed me home!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in the loft room on 5th floor. Needs refurbishing the furniture is quite old. Service was ok. Good for short stay, I wouldn't stay any longer than 2 nights. The staff were helpful and gave us an early check in. It was great as we had driven all the way from Stockton California to Canada.

Room Tip: rooms on higher floor is better.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family