“Good airport hotel near YVR”

Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 1 August 2011

The Marriot is nicely located very close to YVR after a long trans-Atlantic flight, close to the public transport to downtown, a good breakfast and of course many many great Chinese (Hong Kong) restaurant in the Vancouver-Richmond area

the check-in was fast convenient and Marriot style, the same as the the rooms nice, clean, standard Marriott hotel rooms

overall a great place to stay to explore Vancouver for a great price

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 July 2011

I should tell you I checked out of the Westin due to Noise from the two adjacent highways, paper thin walls (where you could hear EVERYTHING!), and a rude uncaring demeanor. After 11 hours traveling, working, and no sleep I was exhausted. I called the Marriott from the Westin in the middle of the night and spoke with the Manager. I arrived at 6:30 am and checked in by 7! They came up to the concierge lounge where he had me go until my room was read and brought me up the key! They were sold out yet he found me a room! It was VERY spacious with a sitting area and bed in the adjacent room (not a box). They had no parking when I arrived the Manager let me sit in check in only parking until the spaces cleared. THEY WERE AWESOME! They may not be brand new but their amazing service more then makes up for it! The hotel is VERY clean! The hotel is located in a nice area with a great view! They really went out of their way to make my stay amazing! When I returned from work I found chocolates (LUNDT) on my pillow with my bed turned down. I gave them my dry cleaning when I checked in and found it when I returned from dinner hanging in my closet. The food was wonderful in the restaurant (I ate the coconut prawns and the gnocchi which both melted in my mouth!) I could not eat another bite although I wanted to! The service was amazing Donovan recommended everything perfectly and his wine recommendation (blended merlot and cabernet). I went up and found my extra pillows on the bed crawled in and slept soundly through the night. My bottom line I WILL stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Mr. Sameer;

I wanted to acknowledge the excellent service that we experienced at your hotel last weekend- we were travelling with a group of soccer parents and players who were attending the recent provincial soccer tournaments in Richmond.

Your front desk management/staff were outstanding and assisted with our every need; bell staff were has friendly as they always are; We really appreciated that we were allowed access to the concierge room for a couple of hours on Friday evening for a parents gathering—thank you for this….

Both my wife and I are fans of Marriott and recommended your hotel so we were very pleased when everyone thanked us for our recommendation—not that we were concerned as Marriott always provides outstanding service and value however you exceeded all our expectations and more…. The boys appreciated the discount on the breakfast on the Saturday as well as the staff on the Friday evening for the team super were excellent, respectful, friendly and courteous…. Marriott made us all feel very special ….

We won the provincial crown so we are now off to Nations in St. John’s Newfoundland (in October)--- we will be booking at the Marriott…

All the best and again thank you for creating and contributing to some great soccer memories for our kids…..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We love staying in the Southern Gulf Islands of Canada, and usually stay in Vancouver for a night or two. We chose the Marriott in Richmond this time and were very pleased with the service and upgrades the desk so readily gave us. Room service was efficient and of good quality. Parking, convenience to airport, hospitality, all first class.

Room Tip: The king suite with rooftop terrace is great at n.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Stayed in the Vancouver Airport Marriott in June, 2011 for a few days. This is a full service hotel catering to business travelers. Bedding was very comfortable. The hotel has a nice lounge and restaurant. Reception staff was plentiful. Parking costs $12.99 Canadian $ per day in either a small surface lot adjacent to the hotel or a parking garage attached to the hotel. The hotel is situated near many restaurants and relatively easy to reach from the airport. It is about 5 minutes from highway 91 that provides access to the U.S border crossings and the communities of Delta and Surrey, British Colombia. A small business center is in place. The concierge lounge is installed in two interior rooms (no windows) on the third floor, but breakfast and evening snacks were pretty good. Free newspapers are placed outside guest doors daily. Hotel was clean and everything worked. One of the the hotel elevators went out of service during the stay, but was quickly fixed.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2011

prompt and superb service at front desk. Room was clean and spacious.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2011

We were heading out of the Port of Vancouver on an Alaskan cruise so I booked two nights here before the cruise to relax and enjoy Vancouver a bit before we took off. The hotel is clean, staff friendly, and rooms comfortable. All that you could really need for a quick stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family