“Good Place to stay in Vancouver Area!”

Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good Place to stay in Vancouver Area!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel prior to a cruise. The best thing about this property is the Free Airport Shuttle and the easy access to the Subway Station. The clean and very efficient subway system can take you almost anywhere quickly & safely.

With our Marriott Gold Elite status we were upgraded to a corner suite. Being from Las Vegas, we found their suite rooms smaller than our usual standard rooms here in Las Vegas. With our Elite Status with Marriott, we had access to the Concierge Lounge. If not a Marriott Rewards member & you book a room at Concierge level, you will have access to the Lounge where they have complimentary Continental Breakfast, snacks, drinks, water, fruit.

The food at their restaurant ~ American Grille was ok... the usual hotel style food. However, since the hotel is located in Richmond, you have a wide variety of the best Asian Food all around the hotel & within walking distance. There's also a good pizza place, & other types of cuisine next door. So, plenty of dining options.

Overall, if I found another nice hotel downtown at a reasonable price, I would stay there. Otherwise, if I need to have easy access to & from the airport, I would stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms with a city view are facing the street, so you hear some traffic. If you want a quiet roo...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week while on business. The front desk staff were always friendly, accommodated a very early check-in, and lent me a big umbrella for the duration of my stay. The room I was in was on the seventeenth floor, had great mountain views and was comfortably appointed. It had an interior living area, with a separate bedroom with views. There were large flat screen TVs in both rooms. All in all I was very comfortable and happy with my stay.
A couple of oddities that wouldn't dissuade me from staying again:
There was a constant low howling in the room due to the windy weather. I found this a bit odd for a high rise.
I loved the bed, the pillows were divine: however the comforter cover was simply two flat sheets folded around a duvet. This is not the first time I've seen this practice in a nice hotel, but I really dislike it. I feel it's unhygienic and I always end up with the open duvet near my face.
I will be back though, as the little niceties made my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2014
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We spent the night on our way home to Seattle. The 1 bedroom suite was very nice, modern, comfortable furniture, bath with tub, separate bedroom with a very comfy king size bed with great comfy pillows. The room had a frig and coffee maker. Check in was quick and easy with friendly staff and there is an airport shuttle. We will definitely stay there again when in Vancouver.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pamela D
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Was laid over on a flight and decided to stay at the airport rather than going downtown, well it was a nice surprise.

The shuttle service from the airport runs every 30 min and only takes 12 to get to the hotel, checking was fast and very nice.

The rooms are large and have been upgraded, the bedding and toiletries are the normal high standard Marriott ones and the room was really nice and quite.

The staff was very nice and gave me additional points as the lounge was not open in time for my early departure, they made sure I was comfortable and took very good care of me, I cant say anything about the facilities as I checked out at 5:00 but I have to say I liked my stay

Room Tip: I loved 1619 it had a really nice view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 7 January 2014

First time at this property, but after a late flight, I was relieved to be only minutes away from the a comfy room. I was upgraded to a corner suite and enjoyed 2 quiet and restful nights. There is a concierge lounge for Rewards members on 3rd floor. Not luxurious, or even fancy, but good enough. The on-site bar and restaurant served great food and cold beer. I will be a regular guest on future trips.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had to spend the night on January 1st after missing flight home and decided to stay at The Marriott because of its excellent location near the Richmond shopping center and because we were somewhat familiar with the area. We had a beautiful room/suite, very nicely decorated with a separate sitting area. The staff were all very friendly and efficient. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Austin, TX
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Arrived 12-27-2013 from Texas for New Year's week at Whistler/Blackcomb village. Short ride from YVR, need to follow google maps or other to find it. Old property. Disliked the low, narrow hallways & ceilings. Pros, most rooms have been updated and are nice. Liked the k-cup coffee maker, disliked the lack of hot coffee in the Marriott lobby that most other Marriott's have. They did have hot apple cider... not a fan of hot apple cider. Shares the parking garage about $20 US with Sheraton. Big AAA amateur hockey tourney in town this weekend so we had travel elite teams running all over the place... loud and tied up the elevators, very slow elevators. Looked like several interesting Asian eating restaurants in the downtown Richmond area. Would have liked to tried one or two out.

Room Tip: 15th floor had nice view of downtown city
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Yannick s, General Manager at Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you were displeased regarding our lobby beverage offering. We do offer complimentary coffee in the lobby, during non-operating hours of our food and beverage outlets. To the best of my knowledge most full service Marriott's follow a similar practice. Once again thank you very much for posting a review and thank you for choosing our hotel.

Kindest Regards