Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel
US$294
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
US$231
Quality Hotel Airport South(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$276
US$259
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Hotels.com
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe concierge loungeamerican grillvancouver airportliving areafront desk staffcorner suiteseparate bedroomshopping mallnice stayevery half hourbit datedpool and hot tubconvenient locationhotel stafffree shuttlestayed one nightlong flight
Reviewed 24 March 2014

In general, my expectation for airport hotels is low but I am sometimes surprised.The reviews here on TA for this hotel seem inflated for the caliber of accommodations offered.

The shuttle from the airport was greatly appreciated. It arrived on time and was efficient. We arrived at a small lobby that was a bit chaotic. Not sure why it was a busy weekend?? The proximity to the airport is the only appeal to the location as there is not going on in the surrounds except for condo sales and construction. I had read that there were multiple dining options within walking distance but we could not find anything worthwhile.

When the front desk was asked for a recommendation the only place he would recommend is their own in-hotel restaurant (American Grille). It was busy so we thought he may be on to something. We had 2x meals there and cannot say we were very impressed. Although the dinner entree's looked artful, the fish/meats were unilaterally overcooked. The caliber and quantity of the offerings did not match the prices charged. The staff and kitchen during both experiences were understaffed, rushed and overstressed.

The room was clean but the bed, bedding and bathrooms are generally average. Our room was small for a "suite". Insulation is good as no airplane traffic or other guests were heard inside our room. We could not get the room to the right temp....it was either too hot or too cold. The elevators are not sufficient for the amount of guests the hotel holds so the wait seemed interminable.

Convenient for a quick overnight but I wouldn't consider it for much more.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Msk6261
Yannick s, General Manager at Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. Our sincere apologies for your negative experience at our hotel. The weekend was extremely busy as the city of Richmond was hosting two large scale sporting events combined with the usual busy travel period during spring break. I am sincerely sorry for your dinning experience and that we have failed to provide you with information that would have enhanced your stay. There are 400+ restaurants in walking proximity, and some great places to visit such as the Steveston village, the Olympic oval and many more. In addition, we are very close to the Canada line which would have taken you in the heart of downtown Vancouver in less than 25 minutes. Please once again accept our sincere apologies. We value our guests business and take these types of comments very seriously. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if can be of any help.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I thought with so many great hotels in the area (including Sheraton) that shares the same parking lot that the Marriot would go above and beyond to make customers happy. Upon check-in they could not find my reservation, or offer a solution to a parking lot that was completely full. The room I had (a suite) was dirty and the garbage can was full of trash and the toilet not flushed. After my second night, housekeeping did not make-up the room until after 5pm and again left the trash can full of garbage and did not replace the shampoo, soap, etc after I had requested extra. The lack of professionalism did not stop there; the server at the American Grille was deplorable - hovering over us while we looked at the menu and being down right rude about the entire experience. I said to him, "I coach a hockey team and all 20 players are staying in another hotel, because the rate, the service, and the attitudes here are disgusting" - he walked away mumbling under his breath.

The only positive to my 3 night stay was Linda; she is the restaurant manager/supervisor who's energy, attitude, and comfort could light up a room. I would suggest the Marriot go to her to discuss customer service, customer satisfaction, and customer appreciation. Linda you were amazing.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a clean one.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Yannick s, General Manager at Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with both your stay and restaurant experience. Thank you for mentioning Linda and her great service. If you would like to discuss further this matter, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Comfy bed, cool corner balcony suite, very clean, with very friendly staff. We took the shuttle to and from the airport. It was right on time both ways and the drivers were very professional. The room was very well laid out and vet comfortable. We are breakfast in the restaurant the morning we left. It was average but it was included with my Platinum membership so no real complaints. Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for posting your review and recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor.

kindest regards

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed at Vancouver Airport Marriot recently on a quick winter break trip from Seattle because it was walking distance to all our favorites Chinese restaurants in Richmond BC. I stayed on points and asked for a room with two queen size beds since we were traveling as a family (two adults and a teenager) I got an email reply from the frontdesk soon after I placed my online reservation and she confirmed that they would have the room with two queen beds waiting for us. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room, it had two queen beds and it also had a separate living room. Hotel WiFi worked flawlessly, I was able to connect up to 5 devices for free with my gold elite membership. We ate at the lobby restaurant for breakfast one morning and went with the breakfast buffet. They had a good spread of breakfast food, the server stopped by and told us we could ask the chef to make anything we wanted on the menu and it was all included. We had been eating non stop since we crossed the Canadian border so we passed, but we surely appreciated the hospitality. The only thing I don’t like about this hotel is that they close the concierge lounge on weekends, I can understand that for a downtown business hotel, but this is an airport hotel. Overall, the staff was very friendly, room was clean and big, bed was comfortable, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We had a great stay here before flying back home. Very clean, comfy beds, great view, short walk to the mall, restaurants, etc. only complaint was the hot tub was closed due to some problem with the health board... Something about improper chemical levels. Shuttle to the airport was great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family