Hilton Vancouver Airport
US$263
Hampton.com
US$272
US$256
Quality Hotel Airport South(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$223
US$266
US$259
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjunior suitecorner suitesmall balconyvancouver airportparking garagebreakfast buffetoutdoor poolshopping mallliving roombed was very comfortablefree shuttlerichmond areacanada linebusiness triprental carfront desk staffnice room
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The hotel was easy to locate, reasonably priced and services were overall very satisfactory. We were disappointed that the pool was and hot tub were not functional or under repair and we were not advised of this when making a reservation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 2 February 2014

YVR is the second busiest Canadian airport, welcoming nearly 18 million passengers last year.
Arriving late evening at YVR or flying out early in the morning, the arrival & exit scenario that we faced, my spouse and I quickly concluded that the best tactic would be to lodge close by at an airport hotel based in Richmond, only a few km from the airport, saving us both extra time and trouble, navigating into or from Vancouver’s downtown.

Departing from YVR: Hilton Vancouver Airport Hotel

Our strategy is to sleep in Richmond conveniently close to the airport as we need to catch an early 6.25 a.m. shuttle. We take the Canada Line Sky Train from our downtown hotel, the St. Regis, and arrive in approximately 25 minutes; from our stop, it is only a 7-minute walk to the hotel. Check-in with courteous staff is quick, and we are made to feel quite welcome.

Located on the 17th floor in a King suite, our spacious bedroom and its large window allows us tonight to see all three lit ski runs north of Vancouver – Cypress used at the Winter Olympics, Grouse and Seymour. Cool! We discover a large walk-out balcony that provides an even better view, equipped with a big patio table and four chairs, perfect for a warmer night.

While downstairs at the Sax bar, we imbibe a local favourite, Red Truck Ale, a blend of premium Belgian malts plus German and Pacific Northwest hop varieties providing the delicious, copper-hued ale with a zesty complex aroma, rich flavour and smoothness. Our amiable server informs us that the multiple construction cranes that we view looming through the large glass bar windows are indeed for building three new condos and a University extension. Richmond is growing!

Our spacious suite offers high-speed internet access and flat-screen TVs, with a separate bedroom and seating area and a large work desk. Surprisingly, given that many travelers like us have not much spare time, there is a fully equipped hotel fitness center and indoor whirlpool. The hotel is only a few minutes away from two major shopping centers, restaurants, entertainment and nightlife.

Parking for cars is C$14.95 (overnight). The staff here is gracious, our room clean and nicely furnished and our short sleep made easier on a comfy bed. We would return.

The morning complimentary shuttle service to VVR is thankfully punctual as is our wake-up call from the hotel, the latter often a worrisome service for travelers on an early deadline. The driver is quite pleasant for 6.25 am, and we arrive at the airport in good time after stops at the adjacent Marriott and Sheraton. It’s hard to say goodbye to Vancouver’s +10C weather and head back to Toronto’s -13C.

Room Tip: Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Every time I have stayed at this hotel in the past years, I have enjoyed myself very much. I have
booked my family to stay the night before a flight and left my car there. I am on first name
basis with most of the staff and they have always treated me with the greatest kindness.

I no longer stay there because the head office of Hilton Hotels have increased the number of
stays before a person gets to be an Hhonors Gold member. I am sorry to have to leave them
but I now stay next door to them and have made friends with the Manager and staff as well
and am always upgraded to an Executive Room or Suite.

I have missed the Hilton and staff, but I have to do what is best for me.

Room Tip: Corner suites are just perfect
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My stay at the Richmond Hilton exceeded my expectations. The staff was very friendly, my room was clean and nicely furnished, and the restaurant for breakfast and dinner were excellent. A perfect stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We stayed for 5 nights, this Hilton hotel will not let you down. It's the little details that matter, very fast internet access, upgrade option as advertised, all the amenities you opted for (we made our reservation online). The doormen are smart, sofa bed was comfy, the reception staffs are helpful, the hotel is strategically located, within walking distance to skytrain and shopping mall.

Room Tip: Exploit all the upgrade options when you book online, you'll be pleasantly surprised
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family