“It's my pleasure ......”

Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Wow, what a nice place to stay! We were in the hotel for one night as we had a Business meeting here. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel. The staff were amazing, so friendly, and helpful no matter what you wanted. "It's my pleasure" must be in thier training program, as we heard this statement over and over again, from the porters, to the waitresses.
We stayed on thier "Special" floor which included evening appetizers, and morning continential breakfast, as well as a wonderful lounge for you to relax in with computers and internet. (Late checkout as well!) It was a great feature, and we made use of all the services this room offered. Enjoyed the view of the marina from here for several hours.
We sat and had lunch on the deck of the Pier 73 restaurant, and what a great experience that was. Good Food, good service, and a wonderful relaxing view! You could see the sky train, the marina, airplanes, and mountians all in one view! What a treat!
There was a 24 hour Fitness Room - I never checked it out as I forgot my runners, so was not able to take a run on the trails running along the ocean either:( Next time I will be sure to tuck gym clothes in my bag!
We stay at hotels all over Canada, and in Mexico, and I have to say I think this is my new favourite ........... I will be back!

Room Tip: Up-grade - it is worth it
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
amsandhu, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2011

Dear Guest,
I just read your review of our hotel and it just made my day, thank you for the wonderful feedback and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay so much so that Delta Vancouver Airport is your new favourite hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again and delivering a similar experience in the future.

The upgrade to Signature Club floor does provide our guests with exclusive amenities like access to the Signature Club lounge with breakfast and evening apetizers and I am glad that you enjoyed this offering.

Reviewed 23 June 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Delta Jun 16,2011 as we were getting a very early flight to San Francisco. A smiling lady (Kassia) took us immediately at the front desk and explained the area's of restaurants and baggage assistance. She was very calm and had a pleasant soft voice and met our needs of parking our vehicle for the weekend. This I appreciated very much as I was very tired being in lots of traffic and we were looking forward to a immediate dinner.
Room- Had a nice view of the River and southern part of Vancouver. Bed was very comfortable and my wife was pleasantly surprised with the bath room items which is very nice and adequate and much more than in many hotels we have been in and more useable items than we had in San Francisco Hotel.Room was on the 8th floor and was very quiet and hotel hallways were clean.
Baggage Clerk- Met Jose who again was very help full when I could see he was busy and gave me exact times that he bus started up,4:00am! Delta bus runs every 20 min and is very convenient and a great service to the Vancouver Air Port which is only a very few minutes from the hotel.
Restaurant Pub Service- Due to the time we attended the Pub at the Pier which is just a few minutes walk connected with the hotel. It was quiet full but we only waited 15minutes and a nice lady got us seated right by a window and view of boats and the inlet. The food was hot and adequate for price. A good menu now and more selection for dinner.
Hotel - There is no spa or pool or hot tub area in side and this would make a more fun and relaxing time before retireing to your room. Best location with excellant hotel bus service for your value and needs if you wish to stay close to Vancouver International air port. I have recommended this hotel to my travel agent at Marlin Travel Abbotsford,B.C.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lastingmemory
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Received older room, was not as pictured, newer rooms look nice. Room was dark plain and bathroom seemed dirty rundown. Good for parking for flying out. They better redo the rest of their rooms, id never recommend the room we got stuck in

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank she_marina
amsandhu, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2011

Dear Guest,
I appreciate you sharing your feedback after staying with us and am disappointed that you did not enjoy it. Vast majority of our rooms and all of the public areas are newly renovated and we are receiving rave guest reviews. This coupled with our team's focus on guest service makes us a great choice for any guest staying close to Vancouver International Airport or in the Richmond. We also take exceptional pride in the cleaning standards at our hotel and are consistently rated very highly by our guests.
I sincerely hope that you would contact me back and give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves as your loyalty is important to us. I look forward to our conversation and thank you again for the feedback.

Reviewed 3 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel for the location to the airport. When we arrived we realized that parking and access to the internet was not free. This was very annoying because we had stayed at another hotel a couple of weeks before that not only had free parking/internet but also provided breakfast and shuttle service to the airport at 1/2 the cost of the Delta. We won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GrannySharon
amsandhu, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2011

Dear Guest,
I thank you for your feedback after staying with us. Our location is ideal for Vancouver International Airport and we offer complimentary shuttle to and from the airport with high frequency. We also offer complimentary WiFi in our lobby area and have paid wired internet service available in the guest rooms.
As a full service hotel offering all amenities that frequent travellers expect including restaurants we realize that there are other limited service options available but feel that our product and service is an excellent value for our guests. It will be my pleasure to talk to you about your stay with us and I would appreciate if you be so kind to get in touch with me or send me your contact information so that I can contact you.

Reviewed 23 May 2011

Convenient location if you're doing business in and around Richmond. Reasonably priced, at least at the beginning of May. Rooms are spacious and well appointed and though you can connect your laptop in the room, there isn't any WiFi service in the rooms. Under 'hotel facilities', they do state they have internet service and that it is WiFi throughout the hotel, but I think the person who wrote this doesn't realize that the Wi stands for wireless. The desk clerk on duty told me that they ran short of money with all the recent renovations but it's in the plans. Meanwhile, you can use you smart phone or tablet in the lobby where WiFi connectivity is available. Sorry, not convenient enough for me.
The restaurant at the end of the pier is good, but, service needs improvement.
Shuttle service to the airport AND in and around Richmond.
Fitness center has large windows.
I'll be back... once they offer free WiFi in every room.
If this feature isn't important to you, this is a very good hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank 4puttee
amsandhu, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2011

Dear Guest,
First I want to appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback after staying with us and I apologize that the WiFi offering for not being communicated properly. We offer complimentary WiFi in our lobby and lounge area and also have WiFi available for our extensive conference facilities. The guestrooms currently offer wired HSIA. We also have a business centre in our lobby that can also be used by our guests.
The panoramic views from our Fitness Centre and Pier 73 restaurant location overlooking the marina is appreciated by our guests.
Even with all these excellent features of Delta Vancouver Airport, our biggest asset is our engaging and empowered team that takes pride in exceeding guest expectations.
Further to my earlier correspondence with you, I sincerely hope that you will contact me back so that I can thank you in person and go over our upcoming plans for Delta Vancouver Airport to keep it as the hotel providing best service in Richmond and close to Vancouver International Airport.

Reviewed 20 May 2011

I had an older room in this hotel - its been renovated now and I am glad because my room was dated. The hotel is not too far from the airport, and over looks a marina where there is a restaurant - kinda cool. I used the shuttle service and it was ok, no problems. Staff were friendly, when I had issues in the past the managers were very professional and called me to follow up.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
amsandhu, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2011

Dear Guest,
I am glad that you liked our new room renovations, we have received similar rave reviews from other guests. The Pier 73 restaurant overlooking the marina has excellent location catering to our hotel guests.
We are fortunate to have a team that takes pride in exceeding guest expectations and is our biggest strength that makes our guests return.

I hope to welcome you back again in the near future to Delta Vancouver Airport.

Reviewed 14 May 2011

We arrived back to Canada at midnite. We were greeted by the most friendly attendant. She offered us a special package, and arranged a 6 pm checkout as we got in so late and weren't leaving till late in the day. We also had a bell service attendant (Dan) who went WAY beyond our expectations. I personally will use this hotel service in Vancouver again whenever there. We had been on vacation, and this hotel provided the best service of our whole trip. Thank you

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I am thrilled reading your review. As a hotel close to Vancouver International Airport, our guests arrive during all hours and we strive to deliver a great stay experience and I am glad that even though you arrived around mid night you experienced the same great welcoming and friendly service.
I will share your feedback with my team including Dan and am glad to know how much you enjoyed staying at Delta Vancouver Airport Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you again.