“Worst Delta Hotel I've been to”

Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I'm a Delta Platium Plus member and stay regularly at Delta Hotels during my business travel. I have come to expect the best from the Delta brand and have never been disappointed until my stays here. I have stay on three occasions. Two of those times, I have traveled with a colleague. We arrived on different flights and I had called ahead to let the front desk know that I would be about 1 - 2 hours behind my colleague. When she arrived they would not allow her to check into the room (club room) we had reserved because I had not arrived yet. Instead she was asked to stay in a base level room to wait for my arrival. I arrived late and exhausted and we had to pack her all up so we could both move to the club room. I had already called ahead to let them know that I would be arriving after my colleague and was assured this would not be a problem. I felt like I was being treated like I was lying about my stay and after years of being a loyal customer, this was certainly not appreciated. The room itself is not bad and the club lounge is nicely set up.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jyt822
Write a ReviewReviews (1,370)

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stay at the DVA whenever I can because this hotel strives to maintain the highest standard of service they can. It is clear that staff take this goal seriously and make personal commitments to do their part. From the moment I enter the front entrance I'm welcomed by being greeted by the concierge with a friendly smile and the look of recognition and then blows me away by knowing my name! The rest of my stay pretty well goes that way. That consistency only comes from management wanting this to happen and doing what it takes to make it so.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is best room
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have been staying at this property while on business for the past number of years. All of the staff in the hotel are very good at their jobs and are genuinely helpful. The property is located on the river near YVR and the views are scenic and the hospitality is of the highest quality.
Whether it is business, or pleasure the Delta Airport Vancouver is an excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: The way the hotel is situated, there are no bad views. You either see the North Shore mountains or o...
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stayed here for business, Location is good regarding airport (great free shuttle service). Easy to get to rapid transit if you need to get too downtown vancouver. Some of the best concierges and front desk staff I have experienced. The restaurants on site well above the average you normally find in an airport environment. Will stay here again.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

This has become our usual spot when visiting Vancouver - especially by air. A 10 minute cab ride ($12) or wait for the Hotel shuttle which runs every 20 minutes from International and Domestic terminals. Very comfortable beds and bar/restaurant and coffee shop gives us all we need for an overnight stay. Friendly and helpful staff complete the picture. It has other facilities but we don't use them. Not inexpensive but what airport hotel is?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed here for a couple of single nights this month. Have always liked this hotel; great welcome, comfortable rooms and a quiet stay. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone wanting an airport hotel and there is a great restaurant just steps away from the back of the hotel; Pier 73.

Room Tip: Go high and away from elevators
1  Thank TracyH791
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The hotel is close to the airport and can be reached with a shuttle bus which is very convenient. Internet is free of charge and quite fast. Rooms are large and bathroom OK. Even if the hotel was close to the airport there was not too much noise into it. Very professional people at the reception.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Richmond hotels
Hilton Vancouver Airport
#5 of 23 in Richmond
City Centre
Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport
Bridgeport
Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport

Been to Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport

Address: 3500 Cessna Dr, Richmond, British Columbia V7B 1C7, Canada (Formerly Delta Vancouver Airport)
Region: Canada > British Columbia > Richmond
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#5 Luxury Hotel in Richmond
#9 Family Hotel in Richmond
#9 Business Hotel in Richmond
#10 Romantic Hotel in Richmond
Price Range: £113 - £278 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport 4*
Opened on November 1st 2014 as the Pacific Gateway Hotel. The hotel property is now a member of Preferred Hotel Group, a global collection of more than 650 independent hotels in 85 countries. In addition to the branding change, the Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport will continue an extensive refurbishment program that commenced this spring. This will include a new marina with additional mooring space, upgraded utilities and accessories, fresh and enhanced landscaping, significant changes to both of the hotel's restaurants, upgrades to the existing meeting and conference spaces and a new look to the hotel lobby including an interactive lobby bar and social space. The hotel is also the closest hotel to the luxurious McArthurGlen Designer Outlet, opening in June 2015. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Delta Vancouver Airport Richmond