Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,437 results
All reviewspier restaurantfraser riverruns every minutesfree shuttlevancouver airportair canadaroom serviceshuttle serviceroom was clean and comfortableone night stayan overnight stayfront desk staffan early flightbetween flightsyvrdowntownairline
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel is convenient to make connections form north part of the airport to the south but it has not been updated for quite a while. But for overnight is was okay. It could have been cleaner. The shuttle is convenient way to get to and from the various airports.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Overall, we really liked our stay at the Delta (soon to change hands). First impression of the hotel was nice, clean, modern. (Although the grounds are under construction and not so nice in some places) The check-in was speedy although the guy at the front desk was not too friendly. But there was a wonderful man who was the valet and made up for it--friendly, welcoming and very helpful! The room was great. Although the location is great being VERY close to the airport, noise was not an issue. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel once. The second time it took a long time to be seated and we waited 10 minutes and no one served us so we had to leave as my husband was already running behind for a meeting. Too bad, cause the breakfast there (although on the pricey side) was great the first morning. Another bonus was the complimentary shuttle to the Richmond Shopping Center which I used. So all in all, a good stay and we would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank sunnygirl0524
Kelvin M, Front Office Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Sunnygirl,

First off, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It seems like we have hit the marks in some areas, but not in others. I would value the opportunity to speak to you directly about the service issues you encountered as this isn't something that is typical of our property so please accept my apologies.

Please connect with me directly at;

kelvin.monteiro@deltahotels.com or 604-276-1995

Thank you and I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have long favoured the Delta Vancouver Airport both for convenience and price. Amid all the changes hotels have to do to accommodate a changing clientele, the Delta has been able to make many of those changes and retained the things I appreciate--quiet, comfortable beds, enough pillows, thick towels and easily controlled water temperature on the shower.
Great buffet or a la carte breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Herb H
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Was on a motorcycle trip by myself, and needed a place for the night after just getting off the ferry. The hotel and area itself are beginning to show their age on the outside forsure. Walking into the lobby the young "night" receptionist was very nice. She asked me if I needed parking and I said that I had a motorcycle and did not want to leave it in the parking lot, but would find a place to put it out of the way. Normally, this is near the front door/lobby to discourage would be criminals from stealing or vandalizing it (Harley). So I parked it up the huge 12 ft wide sidewalk, but out of the way of any foot traffic. The entrance has a large main door, then off on each side around the corners are sliding doors. I wondered if these side doors may be fire exits. Noticing a table and chairs placed infront of the sliding door inside the lobby, I decided the fire department would not have allowed the furniture if it were an actaull emerg exit. I still made sure there was ample room (aprox 5 ft between the bike and the door) for anyone needing access to the door area.
Now comes the poor service. The cleaning crew/maids seemed to slam the other room doors in the hall starting around 8 or 9am. After a while, it was happening 5 times in short succession, and I assumed they were making sure I was awake. I got up, packed and went to my bike. A young woman came out and began to tell me that I should not have parked infront of the emergency exit. I asked about the furniture being infront of the door and she said they would be able to move it if need be. I just said I was sorry and carried on to the front desk. I was given my bill and told that there was an $18 parking charge that needed to go to the parking lot company. I said I was not even parked in the parking lot. Her reply was that if I would rather have a parking ticket for blocking an emergency exit, she could arrange it. I used the same argument about the furniture being infront of the exit, but they were adiment that I was illegally parked. I shook my head and said "whatever".

Think I will call the firehall down the road and ask them to go have a look.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dave K
Barry J, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Dave K

Please accept my apologies for the level of customer service you received at our hotel as this is not the level of service our team takes pride in delivering to our guests and our goal is to ensure everyone gets the rest they need.
I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you in regards to the motorcycle parking as well.
I do hope you give us another chance and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Barry Johnson
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was a very conveniently located hear the airport (without the hustle and bustle of traveling), reasonably priced, comfortable accommodations, and had a nice waterfront by the hotel. I would highly recommend to those who are looking for a place close to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple