Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport
US$151
US$137
FourPoints.com
  • Restaurant
Days Inn - Vancouver Airport(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$102
La Quinta Inn Vancouver Airport(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$119
Sandman Hotels
US$278
US$207
Accent Inn Vancouver Airport(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$140
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
1,433 results
All reviewspier restaurantfraser riverruns every minutesfree shuttlevancouver airportair canadaroom serviceshuttle serviceroom was clean and comfortableone night stayan overnight stayfront desk staffan early flightbetween flightsyvrdowntownairline
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Our family overnighted here after a return flight from a vacation in Europe. The room was clean and comfortable with an excellent mattress, as one would expect from a Delta. The service at the buffet breakfast was outstanding and is the main reason for the excellent rating. The friendly server made us feel at home and several times invited us to go back for more, clearing our dirty plates away promptly. He even offered us a coffee to go. All in all, a very pleasing way to return from a vacation in Europe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here for easy airport access. Hotel was dated but clean. Staff were helpful and arranged our room on our arrival which was very early. The courtesy bus was great and regular. Dinner in the restaurant was fabulous. It was a very busy evening but our food came quite quickly and staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights recently while on a training course locally (Jul27th - Aug1st) - overall had a very comfortable stay, and was very happy.

Transport to and from Vancouver airport - the hotel has a free minibus service running regularly to both terminals of YVR (every 20 minutes). I was able to use this service every day getting to and from my training course and it always ran promptly and efficiently.

Check in / out - I arrived at the hotel a couple of hours earlier than expected, but the staff were able to accommodate me with a room right away without any fuss. The process of checking in was efficient, and the staff member assisting me was very helpful with information, and friendly / welcoming . Given I was staying at the behest of my employer, checking out was even quicker, since I had added no incedentals to my room account during my stay that I was liable for.

Room - I had a deluxe room with king size bed on the 8th floor. Very tidy, smelled clean. Bed linen clean and fresh throughout my stay. A desk was available for my laptop with a wired web connection provided, although wifi web access was also available (that said, my phone and tablet both found blind spots in the wifi here and there in my room, so the reliability of an additional wired connection was welcomed). A large flat screen TV was available in the room, with cable TV access as well as access to hotel provided on demand movies (I didn't browse the complete list, but most of the newest available movies priced at around $16 - $17to watch, a little rich for my blood). There was a steam iron and board available in the closet (lots of hangers for shirts etc available), also bags for clothes if use of the laundry service was required. No fridge in the space available for it however, and no in room safe for any valuables, although some of my colleagues on the same course reported they had fridges, and there are safety boxes available at the front desk for storing valuables if you wish. Tea and coffee making facilities were available in the room also.

Bathroom - Clean, tidy and fresh smelling, although decor is looking a little tired. Small bathtub with shower, with good water pressure and temperature. Plenty of towels provided.

Breakfast - both buffet and menu service were provided, although I stuck with the buffet, which had the usual hot and cold options available. Coffee and juice was brought to the table and replenished often while we were eating.

Pier 73 restaurant - I had dinner here on a couple of occasions. Food was very good (particularly the "sweet heat" chicken wings) - everyone working here was very friendly and helpful at all times, so if you're not wanting to venture further afield for an evening, this is a great place to go instead.

Overall I had a very comfortable stay, and was well looked after by all hotel staff members I interacted with. Only downside for me was that because my room faced toward the west, it was in the full glare of the sun all afternoon until sunset, which warmed my room up by a number of degrees. This meant the need to keep my curtains closed all the time during the day to keep the temperature down, since the in room air conditioning unit was unable to deal with the changes.

Definitely would recommend this place to anyone staying in the area, whether it be overnight between flights, or for a few days. There are moves currently underway to re-brand the hotel so it will no longer be a Delta hotel as of November 2014, so it will be interesting to see what improvements are made...

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is not facing westward during the summer, especially if it's really hot with little or no cloud cover (as it currently is here in the lower mainland BC)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had a very comfortable room for my two day stay. Just ten minutes walk over the bridge to Subway, Burger King, Starbucks and supermarket. Free shuttle to and from the airport and local shopping Mall. Great to have the free WiFi.

On checking-in my credit card wouldn't swipe. Having obtained a phone card from the gift shop I had trouble with connections, loosing coins as though I was at a casino. After a timely battle the situation was resolved and my credit card was cleared... phew!

A special thanks to the receptionist and the gift shop ladies, you were wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I expected more from the Delta Hotel. Service was flippant, no help late at night with a small child, no help with luggage and room was average. I worked at five star hotels and expected some polish, professionalism and above average service. Will not stay at the hotel again for airport overnight stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com