“Consistently good”

Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Comfortable rooms, great check in, close to good restaurant with happy hour, and, best of all, after a long flight, a lovely pool area where you can stretch out and doze until it's time to eat. Breakfasts at the hotel are excellent. They serve a great buffet until 9.30 and continue to be open later for menu items. Ask for any type of egg. Scrambled on the buffet but poached are my fav. Coffee to go is also a nice touch. We will return all being well. See you Mike and thanks.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view. It's v pretty.
2  Thank Tiish
Barry J, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Dear Tiish

Than you for taking time to post after your recent stay with us and it sounds like you experienced a lot of the features we have to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future .

I will be sure to pass this on to Mike as well.

There are newer reviews for Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

During my first stay at this property housekeeping took 90 minutes to bring an item I needed urgently at 2 am. I received apologies from the management. On this stay I found my room excellent and nicer than last time, bed comfortable (much better pillows!) but was disturbed by the fluff on the carpet and the gross collection of hairs around the toilet. That made me hesitate to use the ceramic mugs at the coffee maker, but I took advantage of the electric kettle to rinse the mugs with boiling water. Delta, please upgrade the housekeeping to match the lovely setting and rooms, and get disposable cups!

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank DrSchmincke
Barry J, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear DrSchmincke

Please accept my apologies for the lack of housekeeping services you may have received while a guest at our hotel. Please contact me with the guest name used for the reservation so we can look into this further as we have no record of a Dr. Schminke saying with us.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

The delta provided us excellent service as usual. We were staying with them pre and post our Fly in fishing trip. I would highly recommend staying with them. They provide shuttle service to and from the airport. They also provided us with freezers for our catch.

Room Tip: Great for anyone doing a Flynn fishing trip.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Valli C

Dear Valli C

Thank you for your post and we are glad to hear we are your hotel of choice before and after your fishing adventurers. We look forward to having you back next year.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I stayed here when I disembarked from my Alaskan Cruise. The pictures of the hotel were nice but I was a little hesitant. But when I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very nice and accommodating. I really liked the room and I upgraded my room so I was away from the elevator and ICE MACHINE. The room had a nice bathroom and comfortable bed. It had an upscale feel to it. Because you need your room key to activate the elevator, I felt very safe. The airport shuttle drivers were very friendly and helpful. It is less than 10 minutes to the airport. Also they have free internet. The menu was a little pricey and you aren't close to many places to eat other than going to the food court at the airport. There is bus that runs once an hour to the metro each way. I actually walked 20 minutes to the metro but because it is mostly highway, I wouldn't recommend it. Or you can take the shuttle to the airport and get the metro from there($5 add-on fee) and go downtown. There is a fee for parking. All said and done, I would stay here again.

JWise

Room Tip: They charged $40 for one of the upgraded rooms. I had a king bed which was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank masalajw
Barry J, Manager at Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear masalajw

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience and I am glad to hear we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Barry

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Very good hotel + exelent shuttle service , friendly + running on time . The breakfast was good +staff exelent . Rooms are good size + clean . Check in staff very profesional +outgoing .Wi FI worked well , no charge .

Room Tip: Rooms whit the river view .
1  Thank AdelheidIdaMaria

Dear AdelheidIdaMaria

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your experience after your recent your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

i was alittle scared to book the hotel after reading the reviews but after checking in i was very happy with the hotel and my room.the hotel has been recently updated.it was very quite.great customer service.

Dear kinu s

Thank you very much for "taking the chance" on us and getting to experience the great customer service our team takes pride in delivering to all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed one night at this quiet airport howl that include 8 nights of complimentary parking

This hotel has shuttles to the airport approximately every twenty minutes

The hotel does have a restaurant . Rooms are ok and quiet

• Stayed: August 2014