“great italian in Steveston village!”
Review of Paesano's

Paesano's
Ranked #250 of 921 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Steveston
Description: The Italian Restaurant in Richmond BC! At Paesano's Restaurant in Steveston all of our sauces and dressings are made in-house, bringing freshness and flavour to every dish. We relentlessly pursue quality! Shopping at the market daily for the freshest vegetables and finest ingredients to proudly create the exceptional menu items our restaurant is renowned for. We specialize in group events and parties. Ask us for more details of how to turn your special event into an evening to remember with our award winning restaurant, special event menus for the Richmond area.
Vancouver, Canada
“great italian in Steveston village!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Three of us went to Paesano's the other night for an Italian meal in the village of Steveston, south of Vancouver. We all found it very good for both food and service. It was mid-week so not too busy, making it nice for a quiet meal (we understand it can be very busy on weekends and especially in the summer). There were a wide variety of items on the menu and quite a few wines to choose from. I had penne Bombay, as did my wife. It was wonderful with great flavours and not too spicy. Our son had regular spaghetti Bolognese and was quite happy with his choice, although he thought the pasta might have been fresher. The service was prompt and professional. The restaurant had a very nice atmosphere. Nice quiet opera music in the background. Overall, we enjoyed the meal and thought the price was reasonable.

• Visited October 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Felt Like A Regular”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Given it was our last night of vacation, we simply wanted good food in a low key place. We were not at all disappointed and, in fact, just delighted. The server, obviously also an owner, seated us next to a large party celebrating a birthday. While we would normally opt for a quieter venue, the family was having great fun and it rubbed off…if fact, they even shared their birthday cake! The meal was wonderful. We both had the Sicilian Spaghetti and every bite was mouthwatering. The portion was a bit smaller than I had hoped, especially for the price, but enough to satisfy. Go for their signature dishes. No free bread, either, so order if you like. We’ll go back for lunch to take advantage of the views and walk along the marina. The server chatted with us frequently, making us feel at home, even though we were from out of town. Certainly has earned its awards.

• Visited September 2013
Vancouver
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We came here for a nice lunch on a beautiful late summer's afternoon. The restaurant was fairly busy between the small patio and small interior of the restaurant. The problem was there was only the chef/owner and one server working. We put up with the 15 minute wait to order our food. We put up with the 40 minute wait for our food. My wife's hot seafood salad came with 2 cold/undercooked scallops. The harried server took the scallops back and brought them, yes the same half eaten ones, a few minutes later. Now they were overdone and unedible. My omelette was bland but the accompanying salad was great. We were just happy to get some food in our stomachs after waiting over an hour. The server didn't care that the scallops were left uneaten and probably doesn't care that we won't be back any time soon. I've heard many good comments about this restaurant but this is my second bad experience here.

• Visited September 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, friendly staff but slow service”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We were recommended this place by my parents. The food was delicious and my butternut squashra ravioli was awesome. It was busy for a Monday night. Our waitress was lovely but she was busy so service was slow. That would be my only complaint. I would visit again.

• Visited August 2013
Richmond, Canada
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I use to love this place but during my last visit, I was a bit disappointed. When the owner is the one doing the cooking, the food is great but when he is not there, the food is so so. That's what I found out the last time we went there. Wise to check on who is cooking when you go there to eat. The cook they had on duty that lunch time was not the greatest which was really too bad because before that incident, I really enjoyed the food there.

Visited April 2013