“Poor, poor, poor”
Review of Aerocar Service

Aerocar Service
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Without a doubt I ordered a LIMO (excuse the cap locks, its for effect) for our honeymoon drive to the airport. Without a doubt. A beat up, sedan shows up. Ugh. Not a great start. Super frustrating but I'll get over it. I would have if the air conditioning on the hottest day of the year had worked. Absolutely drenched. Had to roll down all the windows for red-neck AC.

The driver, who was lovely, could sense I was furious. I asked if he had jobs after our drop off. "Yes", was the answer. Well, I hope you can switch your car as you will have very unhappy clients if this is the best you can do for AC. "No, Sir. The AC hasn't been working for awhile, But the company is looking into a new fleet". FURIOUS. Sending crap cars out for a $150 one way fare from the North Shore. A taxi with AC would have cost less than 1/2 that.

Good luck with your new fleet Aerocar. I certainly will never consider your service again.

7  Thank Babic072
"curb"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 14 July 2014

*Hidden charges SCAM* *dont give credit card information*

I used this service for my best friend bachelor party to take us from downtown vancouver to YVR. We needed to make one stop along the way and I was sent a quote of $59.36. We used the service got to the airport and had a great trip.

It wasn't until a couple weeks later that things started to go south. I observed on my credit card statement 2 weeks after the trip that I had been charged by aerocar another 74.96. I assumed it was just a mistake and that it would be easily overturned. I called aerocar and they said their accountant was in a meeting and that he would call me back. He never did, I called again and got the same story. Long story short I had to cal SEVEN times actually get a hold of anyone who could help!!

So I finally get in touch with the manager and she apologized for my experience and told me to email over the charge from my visa card. i did this and this and she replied that the charge did not originate from aerocar and that I should dispute it with Visa. So i did

About a month later I see that the 74.96 charge that was taken off during the dispute had been re-applied to my card. I talked to visa and they said that aerocar sent in a statement saying that the charge was legitimate and it was applied because we had a stop along the way to the airport. i guess it DID originate from aerocar.

So they tried more then double the quoted price, two weeks later, with no explanation for the charge. Keep in mind I have an invoice from them stating exactly what the charge was and the exact route to be taken including the one stop we had.

long story short- got quoted $59 for a trip from vancouver to YVR with one stop along the way. got charged two weeks later an additional $74.96. total cost of a limo ride from downtown to YVR $134.32. Add in the terrible customer service and outright LIES and this service is just NOT worth it.

7  Thank kylem2822
Reviewed 7 July 2014

What should have been an easy transfer was ruined by an extremely rude and argumentative driver. Perhaps being the airport’s “licensed sedan and limousine provider”, they have forgotten what customer service means.
Still no call back from their management. I see why they want tips to be pre-paid

4  Thank Sue P
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We flew in on June 2 into YVR.I booked inside the airport, and declared the number of passengers plus they saw and the number of people and we paid. Pretty straight forward right? No. When we got out they were about to let us in the car when the one young man working for them said that we had to pay more. The driver and him started trying to hit us up for more money. I am pretty sure they pocketed the extra approximately 40bucks we gave them. Frustrated and tired from a long flight I just gave in and said yes and didn't even bother with giving a tip because of their devious behaviour. Company may want to check they got the extra 40 we handed these young men. Our Itenerary number was 8030442. Utterly embarrassing as it was my friends first time in Canada and this was their first impression.

2  Thank travelsofamom
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 April 2014

BEWARE of the hidden charges!! I'm giving 3 stars only because the driver got us to the airport in a jiffy. Customer service was LOUSY, probably because the driver figured he'd never see these tourists again.

I booked this thru my hotel, and asked to be picked up at 10 am for a 1:00 flight back to the US. The positive part of this review was the driver was on time. At 10:00 the driver walked into the lobby and told my friend that "he's here" and walked back outside and sat in the car. He never offered to load the limo nor did he tell us that there's a ONE DOLLAR PER MINUTE WAITING FEE. If he did tell us, my friends didn't mention it.

So 10 minutes went by and I finally told the driver that we shold start loading up. I casually mentioned the hotel said our rate would be $60 for the ride, which he replied, No, its now $70 because there's a dollar a minute fee for waiting.

WHAT THE HELL?? Why didn't he say this while he was sitting in the curb??
Like a mad lady I yelled at my friends to hurry up and lets go.

The ride to YVR was QUIET. He didn't chat with us, but did use his phone to chat with someone. I guess we were too noisy talking amongst ourselves, he rolled up the chauffer partitian so we wouldn't bother him.

The air in the car was warm, and I asked him to turn on the AC. He said we had the controls, and didn't even offer hints on how to cool the back down. We had the windows down, and it was raining! Eventually we figured out you had to turn the AC all the way up to cool down the car.

So, here's the kicker.. At the airport, I asked him to give me a receipt. He goes "How much was the ride?" and I said "Well it was SUPPOSED to be $60 but you dinged me 10 minutes for waiting, so I guess its now $70.

As if he was doing me a favor, he said "To be nice, I'll take away the $10 wait fee." and handed me a handwritten card with $60 as the fee.

Originally I had $80 to give the driver a $20 tip, but when he upped my fee to $70, I was still going to give him $80, giving him less tip. Since he lowered the price, he was shocked at the $20 tip. He goes "Are you sure?" and I said "keep the change.".

I'm wondering if he had jerked me off the $1 a minute, hoping to pocket the "waiting" fee. In the end, he still made out ahead...

If I get this company again, I will ask for their "wait" policy. Things like this should be disclosed to me, by the driver or the hotel.

Also a traveling tip I've learned is ALWAYS ask for a receipt. Even if you don't need it, it'll keep the driver honest, as you can see, I don't think the driver "found it in his heart" to discount me back my $10.

3  Thank callmemochelle