Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel & Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewschop steakhousecolumbia towerdenny's restaurantsteve nash gymoutdoor poolhot tubfree parkingvancouver airportevery half hourrichmond arealong flightshuttleyvrfreewaybcvehiclecanada
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I you are leaving your car and traveling out of Vancouver Airport then a good place to overnight is the Sandman Signature Hotel. The staff are friendly even at midnight! The breakfast is a happy bonus when you are rushing to catch your plane and they have a shuttle service to the Airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Franklin J, Front Office Manager at Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sandman Signature Hotel & Resort Vancouver Airport. We appreciate your positive comments and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you think of us next time you are embarking on a 'park and fly' trip!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very nice hotel. The airport shuttle is very convenient. Would stay here again if connecting in YVR overnight. Liked the fact the rooms had balconies and the bed's were very comfortable. Ate at CHOP, which was a disappointment but there are many other restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mstacey33

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor Community. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. I can personally attest to the comfortable beds!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed there this past weekend and ended up being trapped in an elevator for an hour and a half along with one other hotel guest. The way that the situation was handled by their staff and management was absolutely appalling.

We fairly quickly realized that communicating through the door was difficult so I contacted the front desk with my cel phone, providing my number for future communications as well as asking for clarity on what was happening. To make a long story short, we kept getting told 10-15 more minutes, only to wait much longer and be told the same thing again. Not once did we receive a call at the number I provided to give us the comfort that someone was in charge of the situation, to enquire about who or how many people were in there, nor to provide us any updates. The gentlemen with us also tried calling an requested to speak to a Manager and had to argue with the person at the front desk for some time before finally getting to speak to him – certainly not an unreasonable request as we had already been in there an hour.

We had just been discussing calling 911 to get the fire department out to take control of the situation when we finally got out. I spoke to the Manager about the poor communication to which he replied that there were people lined up to check in. I guess people lined up are more important than 3 guests unwillingly trapped in a hot elevator. We were given a very small voucher towards our dinner that evening, only to wake up in the morning and find that the voucher was charged to our room! Even worse, we have since talked to friends whose cousin got stuck in the elevator at the same hotel last year and their room was comped.

With the small remainder of time left, we did make it to the pool which had no clean towels, dirty ones thrown all over the place and dirt, hair, etc. all over the floor. We couldn't check out fast enough the next morning and get out of this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JenV18

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear of your experience, both being trapped in the elevator as well as our response from management regarding your situation. I would like to discuss your experience and would invite you to contact me directly in the hopes that we can come to a resolution.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Turned up after a 9 hour flight, queued for 20 minutes at reception only to be told we weren't booked in!! Great just what you want when you're tired . So off in another taxi we go to the poor relation (another sandman) round the corner which has definitely seen better days. This wasn't a one off either a lot of people had similar fun with no real apology from Dom (customer service skills awful)

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Kate S

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I am sorry to hear that after your long flight you experienced service that was below your expectations at the front desk. It is certainly not our goal to add to an already frustrating situation and I would invite you to contact me directly so that we could discuss the particulars of your experience in the hopes that we can improve our levels of guest service moving forward.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

After a long haul flight I arrived at the sandman signature hotel for a one night stay before a connecting flight.

The room was booked 1 month in advance, after queuing for 15 minutes I presented my booking conformation to "dom" at reception I then waited another 15 minutes whilst he mumbled on the phone to the "central reservations department". I was then informed that they had not passed the booking onto the hotel.

Dom then gave me quite possibly the most insincere apologie I have ever had and told me I would have to take a taxi to one of their sister hotels. This hotel is inferior the the one originally booked . I am writing this review from there! On arrival to the second hotel we met other couples that were also double booked and had to move.

To say I am disappointed with the service I have received is an understatement.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott B

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent experience with us at the Sandman Signature Hotel & Resort Vancouver Airport. It is disappointing to hear that you had the impression of insincerity when conversing with our staff at the front desk. I would very much like to discuss your comments and experience personally if possible. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at your convenience.