“One of the best of its class that we have ever stayed in”

Quality Hotel Airport South
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
BC, Canada
“One of the best of its class that we have ever stayed in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

We stayed here twice in October, for several days each time. Extremely quiet (we were on the park side), good price, friendly manager (Vijaay), and fast shuttle to airport. Restaurants, hospital, shopping center, mall, and exotically stocked supermarket all within easy walk. The manicured park right behind the hotel is beautiful. Breakfast (free) might be improved by some healthier cereal and better OJ, but that's nitpicking! We'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Essen, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

I stayed for a night end of september 2012 in the Quality Hotel Airport South in Richmond, BC, Canada, and had a very bad experience there!

My room had 6 (!) windows (like a showroom), was noisy (first floor directly above a huge intersection) and was totally uncomfortable (TV was old and not opposite the bed like it is standard but next to the bed on a table that I was not able to watch TV from my bed).
I made a notice about this to the lady at the front desk after entering first time this room and asked her friendly to give me another room because these circumstances I mention above. She said she would not have any other room available.

I returned to my room and began to unpack my luggage. I was arrived in Canada coming from Germany on this day by plane and so pretty tired from the long flight. I went to the bathroom for going to the toilet. After doing my "business" there I flushed the toilet. After that I had to flush it a second time to clean it up totally but the toilet flush did not work anymore! I noticed the front desk about this further travel deficiency and told the lady there that I want to see immediately the manager. She said he will be in the hotel in the morning.

Next morning when I checked out the hotel manager was on duty. Directly he started to assault me very unfriendly that it would be my fault to book just the "double bed" room and therefore the "cheapest" room type of his hotel. Therefore I could not expect a clean, quiet and comfortable room!
I was getting very angry about this arrogant and impertinent behaviour of the manager and told this person that I am not willing to pay for this horrible room and this absolutey unfriendly and inconvenient service! I have noticed also the customer service of Choice Hotels about this!

Stay absolutely away from this hotel and its impertinent management!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Traveller V
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

this hotel is closed to the airport. My room was small (one double bed). The breakfast does not have a lot of choices. Shuttle service was on time and the driver was very polite. Closed to richmond No. 3 road. Very convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
South Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

the staff was helpful, close to food, few blocks from air train were the city was yours, day pass $9 covers bus, rail, water bus, worth every cent... the hotel was clean and had a ok breakfast. only stayed one night an was not able to fully check out all the facilities.

Room Tip: air port pick up and return.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rex M
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is a decent hotel, a short drive to the airport and walking distance to the train to take you into downtown Vancouver. The free internet was nice. The free parking was a bonus, but it's limited, and the parking spots are really small. I was worried about having my car dinged. They have free breakfast, but it's pretty basic: boiled eggs, cereal, toast, fruit cocktail, toaster waffles, milk, juice, and a few other things.
I thought it was a little odd, and maybe unsanitary to have a coffee machine in the bathroom. Otherwise the bathroom was clean, but the shower curtain was in poor condition, with a few cracks and holes in the plastic. The rest of the room was also clean, but a little outdated. All in all this hotel is fine, but for the price if I were staying in Vancouver again I would probably look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for one night in early August 2012 as a stopover between a flight from Toronto and a cruise sailing from Vancouver. While this hotel is not particularly fancy, I found it to be very good for our purposes.

First, it was very handy. The free shuttle from Vancouver airport came within fifteen minutes of our call (which was made from a free telephone in the arrivals hall). The hotel is in an area which seems like a nice downtown with a number of restaurants and pubs quite close by. As we arrived in the middle of the evening, we walked a couple of short blocks to a pizza place and picked up a nice pie to eat in our room. After checking out the next morning, we walked about four blocks to the Brighouse skytrain station for a 30-minute ride to the waterfront and our ship. (Even with luggage, this wasn't too onerous and the $3.75 price made this connection option very attractive.)

Second, for the price, the hotel was quite nice. The room was quiet, clean and comfortable with a nice balcony for sitting above the downtown street. I particularly liked the free breakfast area. It was bright, clean and big enough to accommodate a reasonable number of people at proper tables. The staff seemed quite helpful, especially when I made a mess of the waffle maker. (Perhaps some printed instructions would have been useful.)

I had no complaints with this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
100 Mile House, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Last week I stayed in this hotel with my family for a short stay. Previously one time I stayed here and I enjoyed my stay. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Breakfast is very good. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. The Manager is pleasant and he helps out extra mile to make the guest's stay a pleasant one. I recommend the travellers to try it out one time and I am sure you will feel the difference.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with Balcony
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family